Bo Nix

Swamp Eagle

6 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

or at the very least, pull them. There was absolutely no excuse that Nix wasnt pulled vs Florida last year. He finished the game with a QBR of 17.1!!!! Its inexcusable that Nix wasnt pulled in this game. There were others as well. The UF game stuck out to me. It was shortly after this Joey said screw it and hit the portal. 

Right and maybe Joey comes in and stinks too but at the least he knows he's being treated fairly and the team as well and we at the least have a back up qb

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Dropping in to give everyone participating in this thread a friendly reminder that we don't bash players here:

4) Leave Recruits and Players Alone. They are 18-22 year old kids. If they sometime act like kids, hey, that's what they do. If they have an off day, give them some grace. Saying that "the WRs underperformed" or "Joe Smith had a bad game" is very different from saying "Joe Smith sucks!"

Talk about Bo's (or any other player's) play on the field all you want - his decision making, making the right reads, footwork, accuracy, bailing on the pocket too soon, throwing into double coverage - whatever.  But personal stuff, family members, making assumptions about attitude or coach ability, and things like that - keep that to you and your friends little email circle.

I'm not calling out anyone specific here and this thread isn't the first I've seen this kind of thing going on, just the most recent.

Thanks.

Man the attitude one.......first thing that pops in my mind is all the people talking about Seth Williams. I didn't know rule to that detail. Yikes

10 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

or at the very least, pull them. There was absolutely no excuse that Nix wasnt pulled vs Florida last year. He finished the game with a QBR of 17.1!!!! Its inexcusable that Nix wasnt pulled in this game. There were others as well. The UF game stuck out to me. It was shortly after this Joey said screw it and hit the portal. 

Eh...that was a 1 score game until very late in the 4th quarter.  You aren't going to pull your starting QB in a 1 score game, on the road vs a top 10 team

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Right and maybe Joey comes in and stinks too but at the least he knows he's being treated fairly and the team as well and we at the least have a back up qb

Exactly... it became CRYSTAL CLEAR to Joey that he wasnt even going to get a shot barring injury. Im not saying Joey would have come in and balled. But he should havw been given a chance. Especially considering how loyal he was to us... He literally waited to play QB at Auburn for YEARS and in my eyes didnt get a fair shot. When a QB plays as bad as Bo did vs UF and not get pulled, there is no reason to stick around. 

Im stoked D. Davis and maybe that FCS transfer will get to come in and have a legitimate shot at starting. Every position is up for grabs. Thats how it should always be

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Man the attitude one.......first thing that pops in my mind is all the people talking about Seth Williams. I didn't know rule to that detail. Yikes

I mean, it's one thing to comment on Nix or Seth looking pissed or getting into it.  But when you go from something you observe in a snapshot of time on the field and blow that up into some narrative that So and So is a locker room cancer or an "attitude problem" when you don't know them and don't see how they handle their business in the locker room, at practice and in personal interactions with teammates away from cameras, that's when it's gone too far.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

I mean, it's one thing to comment on Nix or Seth looking pissed or getting into it.  But when you go from something you observe in a snapshot of time on the field and blow that up into some narrative that So and So is a locker room cancer or an "attitude problem" when you don't know them and don't see how they handle their business in the locker room, at practice and in personal interactions with teammates away from cameras, that's when it's gone too far.

Gotcha. I see what you mean. Talk about what you know happened not what you could see happening. I feel you.

29 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Because after Bo had struggled greatly, the offense was in Joey's play zone.  Joey starts to run out on the field and Gus yanked him back on national TV and proceeded to let Bo continue to struggle.  

IF any freshman needed his butt on the bench it was the UF game.  There have been other where I thought if Bo was benched for a series or two, he'd have been able to settle down, see the field and manage the defense better when he went back in.  But Mr. Stubborn was trying to prove a point, I guess?  IDK

51 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Dropping in to give everyone participating in this thread a friendly reminder that we don't bash players here:

4) Leave Recruits and Players Alone. They are 18-22 year old kids. If they sometime act like kids, hey, that's what they do. If they have an off day, give them some grace. Saying that "the WRs underperformed" or "Joe Smith had a bad game" is very different from saying "Joe Smith sucks!"

Talk about Bo's (or any other player's) play on the field all you want - his decision making, making the right reads, footwork, accuracy, bailing on the pocket too soon, throwing into double coverage - whatever.  But personal stuff, family members, making assumptions about attitude or coach ability, and things like that - keep that to you and your friends little email circle.

I'm not calling out anyone specific here and this thread isn't the first I've seen this kind of thing going on, just the most recent.

Thanks.

Thanks Titan. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think how quick picking up the offense will be key. Also you have to understand losing Seth is huge as well. That's the security blanket

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I think how quick picking up the offense will be key. Also you have to understand losing Seth is huge as well. That's the security blanket

I'd rather have him, but it might help Bo's development if he's not here

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'd rather have him, but it might help Bo's development if he's not here

I can see your point. But I think that's if you're shooting for an 8 or 9 win season. To win a SEC or national I think you have to have a talent like Seth

On 1/10/2021 at 1:24 PM, WarTiger said:

Nope  Marshall's completion percentage went up from 59.4% in 2013 to 60.8%  in 2014.  While Marshall's rushing numbers were down in 2014, he still accounted for 11 rushing touchdowns in 2014 compared to 12 in 2013.  Also, he had 19 fewer carries in 2014.      Total yards for Marshall 2013 - 3044.  Total yards in 2014 - 3330.   That's doesn't even remotely illustrate a regression of any kind. 

Stidham's completion percentage dropped from 66.5% in 2017 to 60.7% in 2018.  Total yards in 2017 was 3301 compared to 2794 in 2018. Rushing in 2018 wasn't good but sacks are taken off that total.   But, he still accounted for 22 TD's in 2017 and 21 TD's in 2018.  The full picture doesn't show as much QB regression as it does overall offensive production when you also know we didn't have a 1000 yard rusher in 2018.

Also don't forget that in 2013 and 2014 we had Tre Mason (2013) and Cameron Artis Payne (2014).  Mason had 1816 yards, Artis Payne has 1608 Yards.

Yes, sometimes you have an O-line, sometimes you don’t. Plus, let’s face it:

Sometimes you beat Nick Saban with a Canadian league defensive back playing QB, or with a teenage freshman QB or with a quarterback that’s been out of football for a calendar year, beats Saban, then gets drafted in the fifth round?

Sometimes, you don’t beat Nick Saban.

14 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Not to be a bit of a butt considering I've seen this done before, but in all genuine interest, I think Bo would be a heck of a H-Back / Taysom Hill swiss army knife player.

Based on what we have seen thus far, that's what would probably keep him in the league.  He may get a shot at QB but I agree he could excel at that role. 

Archived