Bo Nix

Swamp Eagle

1 minute ago, AUFriction said:

I’ve watched their games this year. He always has a clean pocket, and rarely has to throw downfield into a small window. Maybe I exaggerated a bit, but he very strongly benefits from the system he’s in and the team he plays for. Trying to compare him to Bo is truly an apples and oranges comparison. 

It’s impossible to compare the two QBs.   IMO, MAC Jones is probably the best passing QB Alabama has had. Yes, he has the best receivers but he doesn’t miss his targets.  

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Bo is a much more physically gifted QB than Jones, and he’s one hell of a gamer. He just hasn’t been able to put it together. He doesn’t have great pocket presence, and he has problems setting his feet for throws. Those are correctable problems. So, giving up on Nix at this point is just really short sighted. The next head coach is allegedly a QB whisperer. Let’s see what he can do before we shrug off someone with the upside that Nix has.

I don’t where to start.   Jones is so much better as a quarterback than Bo that it’s really not even comparable.   

2) pocket awareness is really not taught.  Some people just seem to have it and others don’t.   I’m not talking about just stepping up in the pocket.  It’s the slight step up at the right time or slightly movement left or right to give yourself that extra second.   

Bo has shown no awareness or deep ball touch when he is given time.   

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm just going to say this, you are out of your mind if you think Bo is anywhere near Mac Jones at QB. 

I'm not going to state all the problems he has but there are many, it's damn sure not all he needs is a coach to tell him not to throw off his back foot and he'll be fine!

I also want to point out many of you I've had exchanges with about Bo have no problem pointing out the mistakes of other players.....that may be the most hypocritical stuff I've seen on this board, and I've seen alot. 

Hes got multiple issues yes, but many are fixable. Just a question of if it will happen. As far as Mac Jones, hes certainly not Greg McElroy. We'll see in a few years what he's really made of. 

Just now, around4ever said:

It’s impossible to compare the two QBs.   IMO, MAC Jones is probably the best passing QB Alabama has had. Yes, he has the best receivers but he doesn’t miss his targets.  

People who still parrot those Mac talking points (including our lovely franchise QB), don’t watch that dude’s ball placement. His WRs aren’t getting the YAC they do if he just stuck it on em like .. ... does 

People also forget once again Mac was a three star QB who beat out a couple of high school superstars. He was not expected to be this good and many Bama fans groaned about him being a potential starter 

We should really lock this thread anyway. Barring some insane and unexpected JUCO signee, Nix is going to be hands down the most talented option we have. Regardless of whether you like him or think he’s good, there’s no one on the roster that will beat him out.

People can say whatever they want about talent, some dudes can’t throw a deep ball and some can’t. Nick Marshall could. Stidham, with some time, could. Sean White had good ball placement but lord knows it took every ounce of strength in his body. Bo just isn’t a good deep ball passer. Open or not open. He doesn’t have touch 

It's not impossible at all to compare the two guys, Bo doesn't even go pass a second read. Bo has missed wide open throws while we say Mac gets wide open throws.....

And since when is it a plus that you can't do the basic things? When Marshall missed open throws it was he's not a real QB. Bo miss them it's he can be fixed..... I'm not saying give up on him but the he has world of potential and all that.....where? I don't see why he gets a pass that no other QB were offered here. Hell I had exchanges with people who said Malik should be moved to wr and he didn't even get a chance to run the offense. Some of you should be ashamed

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

People can say whatever they want about talent, some dudes can’t throw a deep ball and some can’t. Nick Marshall could. Stidham, with some time, could. Sean White had good ball placement but lord knows it took every ounce of strength in his body. Bo just isn’t a good deep ball passer. Open or not open. He doesn’t have touch 

Reality is he's 99% likely our starter next year. So how can Harsin use him to succeed? That's the real question.

Instead of having the same beat down dead horse conversation about Bo maybe we can talk about how he could be successful here.

Well darn, I'm watching the Alabama game, and Jones got slightly pressured, and missed a come back route by five feet. Guess they should bring in the backup. See how that works?

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Reality is he's 99% likely our starter next year. So how can Harsin use him to succeed? That's the real question.

Instead of having the same beat down dead horse conversation about Bo maybe we can talk about how he could be successful here.

I'm fine with that but let's not talk about any other player either then

Let Bo have an actual off-season with a QB Coach first.  We didn’t see any progression from season one to season two because there was no offseason in between.   The only contact was through Zoom which doesn’t help when working on mechanics.  Let the Spring shake out.  

Just now, Zeek said:

It’s trite definitely, but I just hate when guys like Friction, and specifically Friction, keep making these homer posts that fly in the face of reality. 

to your point, the LSU or OM GPs are what has and does make sense. RPOs after RPOs. Essentially nothing that requires reading the field, unless the defense is just not expecting it. The 2018 Eagles style 

Just now, Eagle-1 said:

Well darn, I'm watching the Alabama game, and Jones got slightly pressured, and missed a come back route by five feet. Guess they should bring in the backup. See how that works?

You mean one of the only 2 passes he has missed with 3 td's and 0 int? Yeah I see how that works very well

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Let Bo have an actual off-season with a QB Coach first.  We didn’t see any progression from season one to season two because there was no offseason in between.   The only contact was through Zoom which doesn’t help when working on mechanics.  Let the Spring shake out.  

That's all we can do but he can work on mechanics by himself

1 hour ago, shabby said:

Truthfully after the Steele fiasco we will never know if Nix was chosen to start because he was the best qb or the one the boosters wanted. I am so glad that Harsin will be evaluating the next qb and feel pretty confident that the position will be given to the best option. There will be a quarterback race

Besides new freshman QB will CBH bring in a Transfer for competition?

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It’s trite definitely, but I just hate when guys like Friction, and specifically Friction, keep making these homer posts that fly in the face of reality. 

to your point, the LSU or OM GPs are what has and does make sense. RPOs after RPOs. Essentially nothing that requires reading the field, unless the defense is just not expecting it. The 2018 Eagles style 

Not a bad idea. I still feel like multiple QBs at Auburn have been told to throw to one receiver and not asked to read.

If Bo can't succeed under Harsin (barring an exodus of OL next year) there's really no more excuses.

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's not impossible at all to compare the two guys, Bo doesn't even go pass a second read. Bo has missed wide open throws while we say Mac gets wide open throws.....

And since when is it a plus that you can't do the basic things? When Marshall missed open throws it was he's not a real QB. Bo miss them it's he can be fixed..... I'm not saying give up on him but the he has world of potential and all that.....where? I don't see why he gets a pass that no other QB were offered here. Hell I had exchanges with people who said Malik should be moved to wr and he didn't even get a chance to run the offense. Some of you should be ashamed

One thing I empathize with you on Cole is Nick Marshall. Auburn fans have a short memory of how they treat players. Felt NM was unfairly criticized.

Just now, cole256 said:

You mean one of the only 2 passes he has missed with 3 td's and 0 int? Yeah I see how that works very well

I'm just saying that clean pockets, and open receivers produces much better completion percentages. Lots of passed between the hash marks does as well, but you can't do it with free rushers coming free up the gut frequently.

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Zeek, that might be the answer.   Maybe he is not the answer.   And people just can’t come to gripes with it.   Everyone wanted him to be the next great because he was a legacy player, but if I’m being honest, he’s just not very good 

Just now, Eagle-1 said:

I'm just saying that clean pockets, and open receivers produces much better completion percentages. Lots of passed between the hash marks does as well, but you can't do it with free rushers coming free up the gut frequently.

No you can't but Bo didn't have the bad scenario either. He didn't have Alabama time but he had more time than 70% of all the other QB's in the sec

Bo's problems are the same Jarrett Stidman had. Poor coaching and a poor offensive line.

Stidham and Bo both leave the pocket early. Both have been coached to throw the ball away rather than take a sack. Both have suffered from poor OL play and poor blocking schemes.

The little I watched today I saw NW do a delay LB blitz, and the OL picked up the 3-man rush, the RB left pass protection to go on a route, and then the LB blitzed. Bo had not gotten his pass off yet, so then he was running for his life.

When NW showed a 4-man rush and rushed 4, we did better. But a couple of times they showed 4 and we went with an empty backfield. We did not audible into a different formation.

I have seen this repeatedly this year and before. We are so static. An empty backfield is okay if it is a very quick pass for the first read.

I mean you have to look at how delusional some of you sound. Bo isn't even a 60% passer but you really think he's better than a guy who completes 76% of his passes and has 36td and only 4 int's and we're over here saying our guy is really better he just have a better o line.....think about that. Bo has missed more wide open td's than this other guy has thrown picks. Think about that

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm fine with that but let's not talk about any other player either then

I'm just saying talk about how they're being used. If there's a better option use it. Seniority has been cancerous at Auburn too. 

Like I wouldn't say Shivers is a bad running back and can't be successful. I will say Tank is better. I'll also say Shivers could be used a lot better than he has. All can be true.

If Bo Nix is starting QB next season then that means he's the best QB we have on the roster and that to me is a horrific thought lol. I hope someone comes in balling or Coach Harsin finds a JUCO till he can develop one correctly.

Archived