Bo Nix

Swamp Eagle

1 minute ago, meh130 said:

Bo's problems are the same Jarrett Stidman had. Poor coaching and a poor offensive line.

Stidham and Bo both leave the pocket early. Both have been coached to throw the ball away rather than take a sack. Both have suffered from poor OL play and poor blocking schemes.

The little I watched today I saw NW do a delay LB blitz, and the OL picked up the 3-man rush, the RB left pass protection to go on a route, and then the LB blitzed. Bo had not gotten his pass off yet, so then he was running for his life.

When NW showed a 4-man rush and rushed 4, we did better. But a couple of times they showed 4 and we went with an empty backfield. We did not audible into a different formation.

I have seen this repeatedly this year and before. We are so static. An empty backfield is okay if it is a very quick pass for the first read.

Jarrett stidham is still struggling at the next level and it’s not like the patriots offensive line is chop liver 

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cole256 said:

No you can't but Bo didn't have the bad scenario either. He didn't have Alabama time but he had more time than 70% of all the other QB's in the sec

Not sure where that statistic comes from, but I certainly didn't notice that from my chair. Bo gets criticized for leaving the pocket, which I can partly understand, but playing behind the line he does I can't say that I wouldn't have extremely happy feet myself. If not for his athleticism the sack numbers would be staggering. He needs some extensive work on fundamentals for sure, but playing QB is a lot about being comfortable. You're never going to get comfortable when you are running for your life on 75% of your dropbacks.

42 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Mac Jones is a glorified game manager. He just has such good players around him and such good coaching that he looks like a champ. I really doubt he goes in the first round, and I doubt he lasts 5 years in the NFL. He’s looked good, and he does make good decisions. But I really doubt he would look better than Bo if he were starting for this Auburn team.

Bo is a much more physically gifted QB than Jones, and he’s one hell of a gamer. He just hasn’t been able to put it together. He doesn’t have great pocket presence, and he has problems setting his feet for throws. Those are correctable problems. So, giving up on Nix at this point is just really short sighted. The next head coach is allegedly a QB whisperer. Let’s see what he can do before we shrug off someone with the upside that Nix has.

Note: I have a real pet peeve about passive aggressive reactions. If you have a critique on what I’ve said, state it. But don’t act like a toddler and just “laugh emoticon” me.

Glorified game manager? This Mac Jones offense, without what many thought was going to be their best receiver (Waddle), is more dangerous than it was with Tua. This is such a horrible football take LMAO. Mac Jones is superior to Bo Nix in literally every single aspect of actually playing the QB position. Bo Nix is a better runner...that's it. 

And no; playing on a talented team with good players isn't a "negative" on Mac Jones. This was a 3-star recruit who beat out other higher-star talents and has taken over this offense and balled out all season long.

Your logic sounds like the same crap people were trying to sell for years about Tom Brady being a "system QB". Give some ******* credit where it's due.

29 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I’m not an Uat fan but Jones will go top 10 in the draft and be a good pro QB. The reason is his has football IQ. Knows how to go down a progression  read and very seldom makes a boneheaded decision like Bo makes two or three times a game. It’s ok to be an AU fan but don’t make stupid remarks just by because you don’t like the team Mac plays for. 

He will certainly not go top 10. He's not even in the top 4 QBs. He's limited, but he's a beast in Bama's system and with the talent around him 

Just now, Eagle-1 said:

Not sure where that statistic comes from, but I certainly didn't notice that from my chair. Bo gets criticized for leaving the pocket, which I can partly understand, but playing behind the line he does I can't say that I wouldn't have extremely happy feet myself. If not for his athleticism the sack numbers would be staggering. He needs some extensive work on fundamentals for sure, but playing QB is a lot about being comfortable. You're never going to get comfortable when you are running for your life on 75% of your dropbacks.

You aren't ever supposed to feel comfortable and many times Bo runs all he had to do was step up in the pocket. Bo was not running for his life this entire season. The pressure he faces is greatly exaggerated

You aren't ever supposed to feel comfortable and many times Bo runs all he had to do was step up in the pocket. Bo was not running for his life this entire season. The pressure he faces is greatly exaggerated

I somewhat agree with you cole, and that doesn’t happen often!

This is about more than just pressure. He has digressed as a QB. I do think him being under pressure a lot last season and early this season contributed to him digressing. But he has digressed, and leaves the pocket wayyyy to quickly. 

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I'm just saying talk about how they're being used. If there's a better option use it. Seniority has been cancerous at Auburn too. 

Like I wouldn't say Shivers is a bad running back and can't be successful. I will say Tank is better. I'll also say Shivers could be used a lot better than he has. All can be true.

Well Bo is the only option at QB, QB is connected greatly to wr and o line. He didn't have the best year. It's going to be talked about. Not to mention most of the year people tried to pretend he wasn't a problem at all. 

I'm not saying people should just say he sucks and that's it but if a person is pointing out the problems maybe it would do good for people to listen if they can't see it and maybe learn some stuff

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm not arguing further with you about it. If you think the pressure is exaggerated. My TV, and yours are showing a completely different offensive line play I guess. When I talk about being comfortable I mean trusting your O Line. On that Bo, and I completely agree. I don't trust them either 

46 minutes ago, grandpajay said:

Especially an OL that can block. Our OL play today was just bad.

Yeah, what was with 65 getting all those false starts...

And Bo still contributes by running out of the pocket even on a 3 man rush.

He has got to improve his pocket awareness and his accuracy if he is going to be a consistent performer under Harsin. 

Just now, Eagle-1 said:

I'm not arguing further with you about it. If you think the pressure is exaggerated. My TV, and yours are showing a completely different offensive line play I guess. 

You don't have to argue with me at all. I'm just telling you what's right but if you don't want to hear it that's fine

Swamp, we are about to learn if this is a coaching issue or a Bo issue.  I do not believe that he is coachable.  Bad attitude, loner on the sideline, has NOT gotten better in two seasons. He does not play within the system, and is an obvious "Hero Baller".

I feel very confident that Coach Harsin will bring in a transfer QB who will be more than capable of competing with a very marginal qb that is Bo.  Coach Harsin has a record of producing good, sound qb's.  

Do not kid yourself: Bo is a marginal qb.  Definitely NOT elite.

The Northwestern QB was a transfer, and Bo isn't anywhere near this kid's level.

If Bo starts, he has done a complete 180.  Otherwise he is third string.

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I mean you have to look at how delusional some of you sound. Bo isn't even a 60% passer but you really think he's better than a guy who completes 76% of his passes and has 36td and only 4 int's and we're over here saying our guy is really better he just have a better o line.....think about that. Bo has missed more wide open td's than this other guy has thrown picks. Think about that

I dont think anyone is saying Bo is better....just that it isnt a direct comparison because Bo is having to deal with way more issues than Mac is. 

54 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Note: I have a real pet peeve about passive aggressive reactions. If you have a critique on what I’ve said, state it. But don’t act like a toddler and just “laugh emoticon” me.

Almost all of your opinions are squat, basically every time you type in here.

Well Bo is the only option at QB, QB is connected greatly to wr and o line. He didn't have the best year. It's going to be talked about. Not to mention most of the year people tried to pretend he wasn't a problem at all. 

I'm not saying people should just say he sucks and that's it but if a person is pointing out the problems maybe it would do good for people to listen if they can't see it and maybe learn some stuff

Exactly, Unless Harsin pulls a rabbit out of the hat in the transfer portal and finds a would be starter to compete with Bo, then Harsin lives and dies w Bo next year hopefully by helping him w all his flaws and lack of pocket awareness. 

Hopefully the scheme will help Bo more than anything, IF we can get some linemen, AND we have to have Tank.

There’s no other option on the roster, at this time. I firmly believe that there will be an open QB1 battle going in to the spring/fall with transfers, freshman, or whatever. I couldn’t care less who the QB or the coach is, I just want to win, or at the least, not look totally unprepared in the event of a loss. I’m not gonna write Bo off until I see how he does with new coaches. There’s never been a QB progress under Malzahn. Ever. 

"Game Manager"

76.5% completion percentage (leads the nation by a full 3%)

32 touchdown passes vs. 4 interceptions.

3,739 pass yards 

202.3 passer rating (leads the nation and blowing everyone else out of the water...next best is 196.4 from Zach Wilson)

11.4 yards per pass attempt (leads the nation)

By the way; their backup has gotten some game action as well and completed 59.1% of his pass attempts (22 attempts) in case you think Mac Jones is just sleep-walking his way to a near 80% completion percentage LMAO.

24 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It’s trite definitely, but I just hate when guys like Friction, and specifically Friction, keep making these homer posts that fly in the face of reality. 

to your point, the LSU or OM GPs are what has and does make sense. RPOs after RPOs. Essentially nothing that requires reading the field, unless the defense is just not expecting it. The 2018 Eagles style 

The irony here is that I think we see eye to eye. My point in how I evaluated  Mac Jones is that he is the wrong person to compare Bo to. Whoever I was replying to (maybe JapanTiger?) was trying to say Bo is a bad QB because... look what Mac Jones can do. And that’s simply the wrong comparison. Jones benefits from a better system and bad talent. (I can admit that I exaggerated my point.) Bo hasn’t had either of those things. I think we should stop the comparisons and the criticism and just give Bo a real offseason with a guy that allegedly knows how to develop quarterbacks well.

3 minutes ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

I dont think anyone is saying Bo is better....just that it isnt a direct comparison because Bo is having to deal with way more issues than Mac is. 

People don't know what Mac has to deal with but it's not hard to see that there's no way in hell Bo will EVER be a 75% passer. You can see that right now. You can see he's not in the same tier as this guy. 

And people did say he was better

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

The key is DD needs to come in and push for a great QB battle. 

DD is a 5'10" TrFr QB ranked outside the 200. He's not going to be pushing Bo for anything. 

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

People don't know what Mac has to deal with but it's not hard to see that there's no way in hell Bo will EVER be a 75% passer. You can see that right now. You can see he's not in the same tier as this guy. 

The difference between Mac and Bo.

Mac is a passer, and Bo is a thrower. 

Passers have accuracy, touch, and awareness in the pocket.

Bo throws it, sometimes behind sometimes over his head, not real good footwork, and uses his athleticism to make plays. Has no touch on Deep throws.

Imagine you are out of town like in New York or somewhere and a discussion starts about football. There are 3 people an auburn fan a bammer and idk a Syracuse fan or whatever. What type of a**hole do you look to be if you say our QB is as good as yours and the Syracuse guy pulls out his phone and look at the stats....

28 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's not impossible at all to compare the two guys, Bo doesn't even go pass a second read. Bo has missed wide open throws while we say Mac gets wide open throws.....

And since when is it a plus that you can't do the basic things? When Marshall missed open throws it was he's not a real QB. Bo miss them it's he can be fixed..... I'm not saying give up on him but the he has world of potential and all that.....where? I don't see why he gets a pass that no other QB were offered here. Hell I had exchanges with people who said Malik should be moved to wr and he didn't even get a chance to run the offense. Some of you should be ashamed

Bo has been given every chance in the world to be successful. I thought all along his time here was going to be hyped up with little to show for it. I also hate Gus ran off Malik and Gatewood.  

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Ok, no one rational said he was better. But that doesnt mean that he couldn't be a drastically different player under a different coaching staff. Same thing can be said for Mac. Put him under a different staff and his numbers are likely very different. Perhaps still good, but not the same. 

2 minutes ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

Ok, no one rational said he was better. But that doesnt mean that he couldn't be a drastically different player under a different coaching staff. Same thing can be said for Mac. Put him under a different staff and his numbers are likely very different. Perhaps still good, but not the same. 

The thing about that is Mac runs a pro offense....it's ludicrous to think all of Bo team holds him back and all of Mac's makes him better. Hell might as well say he was better than Joe Burrough too. He had more talent as well

Archived