Really Wish Gus Hadn't Run Off All Our RB and QB Depth

Malcolm_FleX48

14 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Agreed. Gus is gone, and, right or wrong, discussing him just creates drama on this board. We should just shift our attention forward.

You're just going to tell everybody what they can and can't post about huh

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

CBH has inherited a flaming mess pile!  There is some talent in some places, but it is a roster full of major holes!   I hope the AU family will be patient with him as he tries to build AU into a solid program playing from behind all of our major rivals.   He has his work cut out for him, but it can be done.  

I've said this before, but this season is the best possible for a coach to take over a depleted roster. We should be able to fill many spots with the portal this year with some experienced players. 

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You're just going to tell everybody what they can and can't post about huh

No reason to be hostile here. If people want to keep posting about Gus, they have every right to. I was just making a suggestion. Gus is gone. It doesn’t seem like there’s any reason to argue about him anymore. Makes more sense to just focus on what this new staff might look like and/or do.

1 minute ago, AUFriction said:

No reason to be hostile here. If people want to keep posting about Gus, they have every right to. I was just making a suggestion. Gus is gone. It doesn’t seem like there’s any reason to argue about him anymore. Makes more sense to just focus on what this new staff might look like and/or do.

I'm not being hostile at all, I don't know what made you use that word but between what you said here and what you said in the other thread needs to be locked maybe you can examine yourself and see how someone should view it that way

9 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

This is still inaccurate because we are not even a year removed from his firing. To discuss what the new regime must deal with coming in, we can not avoid discussing the roster management follies and issues of the last. 

Once Harsin has his first year under his belt then you'd have a point. 

Nonetheless, Gus will continue to be a mainstay until regular season next year. 

If any of the three RB left on the roster are dumb enough to transfer now that they are guaranteed playing time we don't need them. Thanks for your work, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Gus was the biggest joke in college football as was his guru offense. You would think any offensive skill player would be dancing for joy to play in a real offense. 

3 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Amen flex, amen. So glad to have gus gone Bc he caused this.

I disagree a tad bit, Gus was allowed to hang around and cause this and it was 3-4 years in the making for all to see.

But if Gus was ever lucky enough to land a 5* player, he wouldn't keep them long. Look at Joey Gatewood and the former AU QB who's been playing lights out at Liberty.

4 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

But if Gus was ever lucky enough to land a 5* player, he wouldn't keep them long. Look at Joey Gatewood and the former AU QB who's been playing lights out at Liberty.

Neither of them were 5 stars, were they?

MAR was in Gus' doghouse, I am sure WDE and others can confirm this.  That is why Gus was so pissed when he got in the game.  The social dynamic of a player and his teammates when the head coach has a guy in the doghouse are always gonna be difficult 

3 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Gus should be absolutely ashamed at what he has done to AU. And he gets 20 mil . 

Trust me he isn't.   Gus has never had time for those that do not understand what he is trying to accomplish with the offense

I hate all things turd and Saban but the midget was coaching and cursing and influencing well after the game was decided today. We need some of that. 

Just now, Butthead said:

I hate all things turd and Saban but the midget was coaching and cursing and influencing well after the game was decided today. We need some of that. 

AGREED!!!

41 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

MAR was in Gus' doghouse, I am sure WDE and others can confirm this.  That is why Gus was so pissed when he got in the game.  The social dynamic of a player and his teammates when the head coach has a guy in the doghouse are always gonna be difficult 

And the only way to really lose a team is not play the best players and have favorites and doghouses and all that stuff

What a stupid thread. Let's blame Gus for things that happened after he was gone. Stupid Gus made us kick FG today instead of going for TDs too, right?

11 hours ago, Grumps said:

What a stupid thread. Let's blame Gus for things that happened after he was gone. Stupid Gus made us kick FG today instead of going for TDs too, right?

Let's blame the folks that just moved in the house for the foundation problems, not the builder.  Ok, seems fair. 🙄

12 hours ago, wareagle881 said:

Neither of them were 5 stars, were they?

Pretty sure they were both 3 stars

11 hours ago, Grumps said:

Let's blame Gus for things that happened after he was gone. 

The result was the direct result of the failures under Gus' leadership. Bad OL, poor roster management, bad scheme, poor player utilization/development, etc. those things led to the performance yesterday. So, yes the blame lands at his feet. If he had done a better job at the above, then he would've been on the sidelines yesterday. The team's failures are Gus' failures

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The result was the direct result of the failures under Gus' leadership. Bad OL, poor roster management, bad scheme, poor player utilization/development, etc. those things led to the performance yesterday. So, yes the blame lands at his feet. If he had done a better job at the above, then he would've been on the sidelines yesterday. The team's failures are Gus' failures

The head controls the body, input—output. 

Ha ha, so he gets no credit for acquiring all that RB depth but the blame for "running it off". Truly a thread worthy of if the children's hour.

3 minutes ago, wareagleguy said:

The head controls the body, input—output. 

This is so true.  When my oldest son was 9 years old he was boogie boarding in the ocean in Florida.  I was watching, as a responsible parent should, until a young lady wades in wearing a thong and looking back at the hotel.  That drew my attention away momentarily.  My son also noticed this young lady and was so focused he rode his boogie board right between he legs.  I have never been so proud.

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is so true.  When my oldest son was 9 years old he was boogie boarding in the ocean in Florida.  I was watching, as a responsible parent should, until a young lady wades in wearing a thong and looking back at the hotel.  That drew my attention away momentarily.  My son also noticed this young lady and was so focused he rode his boogie board right between he legs.  I have never been so proud.

Must have been bow legged:poke:

Archived