Malcolm_FleX48

19 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Must have been bow legged:poke:

Well, she was after that encounter.  :rimshot:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Started the year with the most stacked RB room in the SEC and now..... Nothing.

While I 100% agree with the message, I think I would rephrase a little like this: Started the year with adequate RB depth for the SEC and now.... Nothing.

We weren't close to the best RB room in the SEC. Have you seen UGA or Bama's RB rooms? I would say UGA is a clear leader in the SEC with Bama running 2nd. I would put ours 3rd or 4th at best before the departures. Hard to say because we never get to see half of them.

29 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Ha ha, so he gets no credit for acquiring all that RB depth but the blame for "running it off". Truly a thread worthy of if the children's hour.

What's so amusing is that some keep trying to defend it.  What good is acquiring talent if you never use it and can't keep it long enough to contribute? That's just a stupid way of thinking.

Hey, I just bought this wonderful house in the perfect neighborhood, but it burnt to the ground before we moved in. Isn't it great!

Just now, bigbird said:

What's so amusing is that you keep trying to defend it.  What good is acquiring talent if you never use it and can't keep it long enough to contribute? That's just a stupid way of thinking.

Hey, I just bought this wonderful house in the perfect neighborhood, but it burnt to the ground before we moved in. Isn't it great!

Prior to this yr he failed, this yr I actually thought we did a decent job spreading  it around to the RB’s until injuries.  Unfortunately MAR was #4 and hurt until late

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

What's so amusing is that some keep trying to defend it.  What good is acquiring talent if you never use it and can't keep it long enough to contribute? That's just a stupid way of thinking.

image.gif

Yeah Gus gets the blame and it cost him his job. It’s just some of the comments read as if he is still the coach. Trust me peeps he is gone. It’s gonna be ok.

50 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The result was the direct result of the failures under Gus' leadership. Bad OL, poor roster management, bad scheme, poor player utilization/development, etc. those things led to the performance yesterday. So, yes the blame lands at his feet. If he had done a better job at the above, then he would've been on the sidelines yesterday. The team's failures are Gus' failures

I was referring to the original post. RB who chose to leave after Gus was fired was not Gus' fault in my opinion. I completely agree with your post.

1 hour ago, The Freak said:

Let's blame the folks that just moved in the house for the foundation problems, not the builder.  Ok, seems fair. 🙄

Is it Gus' fault that Tank didn't play yesterday? So yesterday Gus seemingly left Tank and Shivers and DJ. That seems adequate. What RB and QB did Gus run off? Are we still talking about Malik Williams? Did losing MAR hurt us that bad and did Gus run him off?

I am glad we have a new coach. I think things will get better. I just happened to think that the OP was whining about something silly when there are much more important things to be whining about.😀

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

I was referring to the original post. RB who chose to leave after Gus was fired was not Gus' fault in my opinion. I completely agree with your post.

Dude is one of the more intelligent posters on this board. I doubt you could name 5 better than him

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Not to mention all the other guys that was let go, it's not like this is an outlier of data. I think we may have more 5 stars that transferred than played

17 hours ago, AUFriction said:

Agreed. Gus is gone, and, right or wrong, discussing him just creates drama on this board. We should just shift our attention forward.

No it doesn't, Gus was here for 8 YEARS when we knew it was apparent after 2015 that he was not the guy to take Auburn where we wanted to go. Gus high jack Auburn in 2017 with rumors of leaving, after his Boss was let go he had no safety net other than winning the UA/UGA games and he and his agent used that as leverage, and we all knew that was an egregious contract, 2 years later he's gone, but, what he has caused along with the powers that be shouldn't  be washed down the drained or just turn the page mentality will not make things better, that type of logic is what keeps Auburn dysfunction, we need more #stopthesteele attitude around here. The more you keep things the same, the more they stay the same. 

P.s I will never for give Gus for the statement he made after the L S U lost in 2017- It's not the end of the world..

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Not to mention all the other guys that was let go, it's not like this is an outlier of data. I think we may have more 5 stars that transferred than played

For sure!

I was watching Alex Leatherwood yesterday during the bama game and thought, "man, you sure made the right decision".  I wish that wasn't the case, but we haven't developed much/any talent in the last 4-5 years

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

While I 100% agree with the message, I think I would rephrase a little like this: Started the year with adequate RB depth for the SEC and now.... Nothing.

We weren't close to the best RB room in the SEC. Have you seen UGA or Bama's RB rooms? I would say UGA is a clear leader in the SEC with Bama running 2nd. I would put ours 3rd or 4th at best before the departures. Hard to say because we never get to see half of them.

you answered your own reply at the end of your post, we saw what those guy's did in high school that's why they were recruited by Auburn and everybody else.

22 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Dude is one of the more intelligent posters on this board. I doubt you could name 5 better than him

I agree with you. Flex has forgotten more about football than I will ever know. That doesn't mean his OP was intelligent.

Just now, Grumps said:

I agree with you. Flex has forgotten more about football than I will ever know. That doesn't mean his OP was intelligent.

No but it means it probably is. Gus definitely screwed the QB situation don't think anybody can argue against that now that means did he mess up with an hb's......

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

No but it means it probably is. Gus definitely screwed the QB situation don't think anybody can argue against that now that means did he mess up with an hb's......

OK. Please show me how wrong I am. I admit to not having any inside info about why people have left. What RB and QB did Gus run off?

8 minutes ago, Grumps said:

What RB and QB did Gus run off?

Off the top of my head,

Malik

Joey

Roc

Asa

Joiner

MAR

Shivers

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

Is it Gus' fault that Tank didn't play yesterday?

Maybe it was covid.  We'll see.

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

So yesterday Gus seemingly left Tank and Shivers and DJ. That seems adequate. What RB and QB did Gus run off?

Ran off MAR and probably shivers. Joiner not really a RB, but close enough.  That was just this year.  For QBs, he hasn't really been recruiting since Bo came on the scene.  He ran off the other 2 that might have a shot.  Have you looked at the QB roster?  The best one is average.

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

Did losing MAR hurt us that bad and did Gus run him off?

It might.  I'd sure rather keep him.  Depends on what Tank and Shivers plan to do.  

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Off the top of my head,

Malik

Joey

Roc

Asa

Joiner

MAR

Shivers

What he did to Shaun and Cam were pretty criminal, too.  They had their issues, but also saved his job multiple times.

4 minutes ago, The Freak said:

What he did to Shaun and Cam were pretty criminal, too.  They had their issues, but also saved his job multiple times.

The way he did Nick Marshall really is criminal. I feel like he should be able to sue

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Off the top of my head,

Malik

Joey

Roc

Asa

Joiner

MAR

Shivers

Sorry. Once again I was unclear. I was still intending to refer back to the original post, "Started the year with the most stacked RB room in the SEC and now..... Nothing" and the title of the post "Really Wish Gus Hadn't Run Off All Our RB and QB Depth"

Based on that, my question should have been, "What RB and QB did Gus run off this year?"

Also, what do you think that "run off" means? It wasn't this year, but Malik or Joey may have stayed if they were included at least some in the offensive game plan. I think Joey could have helped, but I don't disagree with Gus that Bo wasn't our best QB option, even though he has certainly not been stellar.

I am not convinced that losing Roc or ASA or even Joiner really hurt us much. What do you think?

Was MAR run off by Gus? Is he technically gone yet? Could Auburn still get him to stay? Shivers is still here.

I'm not trying to defend Gus. I am glad we have a new head coach. I just think that Gus is getting more blame than he deserves about MAR who can still stay and Shivers who can still stay and Tank who can still stay. But I'll stop now. Thanks for your insight!

14 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Ran off MAR and probably shivers. Joiner not really a RB, but close enough.  That was just this year.  For QBs, he hasn't really been recruiting since Bo came on the scene.  He ran off the other 2 that might have a shot.  Have you looked at the QB roster?  The best one is average.

It might.  I'd sure rather keep him.  Depends on what Tank and Shivers plan to do.  

16 minutes ago, The Freak said:

I hope MAR stays as well. But if MAR and Tank and Shivers can all still return and Gus is gone, then I am not sure it is correct to say that Gus ran them off. Either way, I hope that Harsin is an Alpha who can get Auburn back to Alpha status.

Archived