Really Wish Gus Hadn't Run Off All Our RB and QB Depth

Malcolm_FleX48

15 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Sorry. Once again I was unclear. I was still intending to refer back to the original post, "Started the year with the most stacked RB room in the SEC and now..... Nothing" and the title of the post "Really Wish Gus Hadn't Run Off All Our RB and QB Depth"

Based on that, my question should have been, "What RB and QB did Gus run off this year?"

Also, what do you think that "run off" means? It wasn't this year, but Malik or Joey may have stayed if they were included at least some in the offensive game plan. I think Joey could have helped, but I don't disagree with Gus that Bo wasn't our best QB option, even though he has certainly not been stellar.

I am not convinced that losing Roc or ASA or even Joiner really hurt us much. What do you think?

Was MAR run off by Gus? Is he technically gone yet? Could Auburn still get him to stay? Shivers is still here.

I'm not trying to defend Gus. I am glad we have a new head coach. I just think that Gus is getting more blame than he deserves about MAR who can still stay and Shivers who can still stay and Tank who can still stay. But I'll stop now. Thanks for your insight!

Lol wish I could get that

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, eaglenest said:

you answered your own reply at the end of your post, we saw what those guy's did in high school that's why they were recruited by Auburn and everybody else.

The point is that we haven't seen anything out of what we have so to make the statement we were the best RB room is speculative based on recruiting rankings which we are no where near the best. 

The OP was absolutely correct.  What's the point of recruiting all the 4 & 5 star recruits if ultimately you don't utilize them?   The cfb world has forever been altered due to the rule changes in transfers & the portal.  If the HC doesn't recognize this fact & remains stubborn/stuck in the past, then he'll be overtaken by the consequences.  Thankfully, like the entire 2020 year, Gus is gone.  However, his "legacy" remains in the mess that CBH has inherited.  I'm hopeful that CBH can turn it around but I'm also resigned that it may not be immediate and may take a year or more.  WDE  

On 1/1/2021 at 4:51 PM, EagleEye67 said:

Ive had 2-3 jobs where my boss was fired, and not once did I quit in solidarity with him.

But you were an adult apparently. 

These kids (should be young adults) make school decisions based on who has the better ice cream selection in the jock dining hall (an actual case a few years ago).  Unfortunately, I think the age of the true student athlete in P5 conferences is dead.  How many of these kids had any kind of loyalty or affinity to Auburn before the recruiting services ranked them or somebody told them they were going to be rich in the NFL? 

Probably not 20% of the kids on roster gave two sh**s about Auburn before they came recruiting.  Now you have a no consequences transfer policy; a portal to facilitate it; and no loyalty to the school.   So given the s***-show that has been 2020, the s***-show that was Coach Gus Malzahn (the $50m-Man); the general lack of real-world maturity of these players, and a program by the NCAA to facilitate a lack of loyalty; we shouldn't be surprised the cubbard may be bare in several positions.   That's why Harsin is getting the big bucks.  

I am looking for something like Pat Dye did back in '81.  I don't really care about W/L record next year; what I care about is if we play hard;  knock the crap out of people when we play and show that the Gus-daze (mis-spelling intended) are over.   Dye ran off about 40% of the team when he showed up.  But the folks left wanted to be there.  Harsin needs to set a foundation and an attitude and W/L's will start to take care of themselves.  I'll take that and be happy.  

On 1/1/2021 at 5:14 PM, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Started the year with the most stacked RB room in the SEC and now..... Nothing.

This is an extremely uninformed  post.

56 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

This is an extremely uniformed post.

You said it much better than I did! (except I'm sure you meant uninformed.)

Seems to like it's more of an I don't like hearing Gus did anything wrong so I don't like it posts under it.

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Seems to like it's more of an I don't like hearing Gus did anything wrong so I don't like it posts under it.

Just for fun I will try one more time...

Here is the original post:

"Started the year with the most stacked RB room in the SEC and now..... Nothing."

For the bowl game the following RB were eligible to play. Tank Bigsby/Shaun Shivers/DJ Williams/Mark-Antony Richards.

Maybe Gus ran MAR off. I don't know the details. He certainly did not use him well, but MAR chose not to participate even after Gus was gone. So what RBs did Gus run off after the start of the year when were were "stacked"?

It is completely fair to blame most of Auburn's problems on Gus. And you can blame our RB situation on him, too, but I don't see the evidence to support it. Gus was gone before Armoni Goodwin signed with LSU.

21 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Just for fun I will try one more time...

Here is the original post:

"Started the year with the most stacked RB room in the SEC and now..... Nothing."

For the bowl game the following RB were eligible to play. Tank Bigsby/Shaun Shivers/DJ Williams/Mark-Antony Richards.

Maybe Gus ran MAR off. I don't know the details. He certainly did not use him well, but MAR chose not to participate even after Gus was gone. So what RBs did Gus run off after the start of the year when were were "stacked"?

It is completely fair to blame most of Auburn's problems on Gus. And you can blame our RB situation on him, too, but I don't see the evidence to support it. Gus was gone before Armoni Goodwin signed with LSU.

Why are you trying with me again? Why can't you give the respect you'll stop and thanks for my insight? And why not ask the poster he might not want to speak with you since you said his post was stupid but give that a try. And Goodwin left because Gus offense was horrible and per usual he couldn't get Gus to speak to him. I know him personally so don't try to argue anything goodwin to me. 

19 minutes ago, Grumps said:

True, but due to Gus' mismanagement over the year at least 2 won't be with the team again. 

33 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Why are you trying with me again? Why can't you give the respect you'll stop and thanks for my insight? And why not ask the poster he might not want to speak with you since you said his post was stupid but give that a try. And Goodwin left because Gus offense was horrible and per usual he couldn't get Gus to speak to him. I know him personally so don't try to argue anything goodwin to me. 

Thanks for your insight! I did not intend to be disrespectful and apologize if I was. I will also apologize if I was disrespectful to Flex. I am obviously out of touch. I did not know that disagreeing with someone was being disrespectful.

Goodwin looks like he will be awesome. If you say that Gus ran him off then I believe you. I probably took the OP too literally.

20 hours ago, bigbird said:

True, but due to Gus' mismanagement over the year at least 2 won't be with the team again. 

MAR loves Gus and left because Gus was fired. Joiner left because of lack of playing time, so you can blame that on Gus. Tank for sure would stay if Gus were still our head coach and appears to be likely staying any way. I see no indication DJ might leave. I have no idea about Shivers. I also don’t know about Goodwin. 

Just now, SocialCircle said:

MAR loves Gus and left because Gus was fired. 

timon-lion-king.gif

1 minute ago, SocialCircle said:

I have no idea about Shivers. I also don’t know about Goodwin. 

Shivers almost left last year and Goodwin's recruitment was bumbled.

21 hours ago, cole256 said:

It's what he does. 

Archived