Powell Injury (Update 3/1)

kwagoner

3/1 Mod Note: FWIW JGT said he won't play rest of the season, but he's back shooting and lifting weights. & not having migraines daily. Said Bruce said if AU was going to play deeper into March Powell could have returned. He's doing much better.

Any news on his injury from yesterday?  I saw him hit the deck and kinda lay there a minute but didn’t think much of it after he came back in.

Hoping he’ll just be in concussion protocol and no major issues/injuries.

• ellitor changed the title to Powell Injury?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, kwagoner said:

Any news on his injury from yesterday?  I saw him hit the deck and kinda lay there a minute but didn’t think much of it after he came back in.

Hoping he’ll just be in concussion protocol and no major issues/injuries.

@kwagonerNate King posted 2 days ago he did have a concussion & would be surprised if he plays Wednesday.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

@kwagonerNate King posted 2 days ago he did have a concussion & would be surprised if he plays Wednesday.

That will be acceptable as long as Sharife gets to play.

5 hours ago, Tiger said:

Anyone know if he's playing tomorrow?

The only update was that Powell did not practice today. Pretty sure it'll be a game time decision and I'm gonna say that he doesn't play, unfortunately.

At this point, just considering his health and the fact that it was a head injury, I hope they hold him out another game.  IMHO, we're building for next year anyway.

2 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

At this point, just considering his health and the fact that it was a head injury, I hope they hold him out another game.  IMHO, we're building for next year anyway.

Yup concussions are nothing to mess with.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yup concussions are nothing to mess with.

People who never had one do not understand. You may think you are fine for a day or two. Then out of no where you are puking, headringing, sweating, dizzy, etc. I got knocked out in a game one time. Coach sent me back in...I literally sat down on the goal line. I do not remember a bit of it until 2 days later. 

10 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

People who never had one do not understand. You may think you are fine for a day or two. Then out of no where you are puking, headringing, sweating, dizzy, etc. I got knocked out in a game one time. Coach sent me back in...I literally sat down on the goal line. I do not remember a bit of it until 2 days later. 

Yep, had a pretty bad one once and took 2 weeks to recover. Heard some good stories of things I did that I had no recollection of. Hopefully he gets back soon, but he will know right away if he's not ready.

12 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

And it'll be the first game I won't be able to watch in over 3 years.

@tgrogan21Full game replays are available on the watch ESPN app pretty much right after the game is over. This team is so exciting when Sharife is playing that I wouldn’t come on the board at all during the game if I couldn’t watch it if I were you and just watch it when you can.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@tgrogan21Full game replays are available on the watch ESPN app pretty much right after the game is over. This team is so exciting when Sharife is playing that I wouldn’t come on the board at all during the game if I couldn’t watch it if I were you and just watch it when you can.

More than likely, that's what I'll do. I hate having to miss watching it live.

On 1/10/2021 at 5:24 PM, tgrogan21 said:

More than likely, that's what I'll do. I hate having to miss watching it live.

@tgrogan21I hate watching games live now, I can watch a replay or from my DVR in 45 minutes whereas live takes 2 hours. I'm definitely a product of the times. lol

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

@tgrogan21I hate watching games live now, I can watch a replay or from my DVR in 45 minutes whereas live takes 2 hours. I'm definitely a product of the times. lol

Me too!

10 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Rivals says different. Who do we believe?

Probably Matthews.. more current at least 

Bummer, we're all looking forward to see how we look at full strength. But we still defeat UGA by 10+

Archived