Boise State Staff / Support Team

RunInRed

10 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

This would be a bad to the bone hire imo.  Cristobal has current and past history with him.  I would love to steal him away as well.  

This too is solid.   As Boise St lead the MW conference in recruiting the last couple of years.   

would be really strong to land them both.   

The problem with getting these coaches to make the move is just that. They have just changed jobs in the last year or 2 and it seems it would be hard to get them to move across the country. Unless money is too much greater to pass up...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, ellitor said:

Why the facepalm @tbone4jc? I thought it was a good & positive post.

It was meant to be a thanks. My fault. I did a hit and run, did not pay attention to the emoji I tapped and kept it moving🙄😁

23 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Did Gus really cut a lot of recruiting positions out?

@steeleagleYes. I don't blow fluff, especially on stuff like that. Came from many insiders.

24 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Why would he do that, knowing the life line of a program is just that...recruiting

Because he's Gus which means he over micro managed the football program, even to recruiting duties. And hw doesn't trust many people to do their jobs so the fewer people the more comfortable he is.

27 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I also think this coaching hire is one of the hardest to figure out as to who actually are strong for recruiting and on field coaching positions.

To us normal fans you are right on the recruiting positions since quality people at those positions aren't publicized much. On on field we'll have a better idea when guys are hired.

29 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

And i don't think we should quick judge his picks just because many of us posters seem to know what is best for the program

Don't think we are. I'm just passing on stuff from people more connected like always.

On 1/3/2021 at 9:59 PM, MadtownTiger said:

I'm not sure where they're from originally, but Uscher (USCe) and Alley (Clemson) have relatively strong ties to the Southeast.  They might even have accents.  Not my cut of chaw, so I'll leave it up to other posters to rate them.

Clesi Crochet is a solid nine, cusp ten.  A qualified and effective professional, no doubt, but a dime nonetheless.  

WDE!

Could this be our new On Campus Recruiting Coordinator?

E7DE5D8E-8A0D-4E44-B3DD-55CFD40B6662.jpeg

The more I read hear and other places the happier I am with this hire. One Harsin is not rushing just to get bodies in place. He is looking to build the total foundation that the football team will rely on. Building a strong recruiting foundation is the key to Auburn being in the picture with the top teams in the country.  

A top programs does everything well not just one or two things. 

1. Talent Evaluation

2. Recruit great classes at all positions

3. Great strength and Conditioning Program

4. Player development

5. Scouting of opponents strengths and weaknesses

6. Solid Game Day Plan for Offense and defensive based on scouting analyses

7. Adjustments during game not just at half time.

8. Instilling a commitment to win and to be the best player and person you can be.

We will have to wait a few years to see if Harsin can do it but looking at what I have seen so far I am feeling that he has started well by trying too build the solid foundation.

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

it would be hard to get them to move across the country. Unless money is too much greater to pass up...

Not really. Going from an administration G5 job to a P5 brings better exposure & more networking for them within the coaching world. Could lead to more & better on field positions when they are ready to get on the field.

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

Why is the title of this thread Boise St Staff / Support Team? 

@gravejdBecause all the guys in Red's OP are from Boise. Only 1 name in the thread now isn't from Boise.

1 hour ago, around4ever said:

I'd commit to her. ;D

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@gravejdBecause all the guys in Red's OP are from Boise. Only 1 name in the thread now isn't from Boise.

Ok so its a thread about what members of Harsin's old staff at Boise might follow him to Auburn. Got it and thanks for clarifying

39 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Worse things could happen.

When I googled their names my internal monologue went something like:

(With an enhanced drawl) Clay-see Crow-shay?  What the hell kind of name is that?  'Cles en main' is French for "keys-in-hand".....so, 'a small key,' and 'crocheted'.....does his name literally translate as 'a small, knitted key'.....French dudes have some strange names.....I'll bet even his buddies Fabrice and Rene and gave him grief fooorrrrrr.....Oh, (voice deepens) Hello. (voice deepens more, and develops accent) Bonsoir, ma cherie.  How you doin'?"

WDE!

3 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

Worse things could happen.

When I googled their names my internal monologue went something like:

(With an enhanced drawl) Clay-see Crow-shay?  What the hell kind of name is that?  'Cles en main' is French for "keys-in-hand".....so, 'a small key,' and 'crocheted'.....does his name literally translate as 'a small, knitted key'.....French dudes have some strange names.....I'll bet even his buddies Fabrice and Rene and gave him grief fooorrrrrr.....Oh, (voice deepens) Hello. (voice deepens more, and develops accent) Bonsoir, ma cherie.  How you doin'?"

WDE!

He could be the key to unlocking the potential of our football program.

22 hours ago, ellitor said:

Word is it will be. Expected to be one of the biggest in the country.

Heck Yeah!  I wonder what kind of budget that requires?   In fact,  I am curious what kind of budget Harsin has for his on the field staff?  

First ever Football Chief of Staff? At least used by that specific title? I really dig it!

https://twitter.com/BradLarrondo?s=09

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

First ever Football Chief of Staff? At least used by that specific title? I really dig it!

https://twitter.com/BradLarrondo?s=09

Dude is twitter savvy. He talks the talk. He's going to connect with people. This is the energy we need. Love it.

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

No idea who she is or if this is good but I like ALL of the off field hires BH is making so this gets a WOOOOOOOOO from me!! lol

Amazing at the support Harsin has. Pretty amazing so many are following him here for off field roles. They seem to believe in his leadership. Did we just wake the sleeping giant in Auburn?

I just hope everyone is as excited with the program after the first season as they are today...WDE!!!

Archived