Cord Sandberg

Zeek

3 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Cord better start looking at the job portal...dude is almost 30.

Haha I think he's going to end up being a GA then a coach FWIW

End of an era? That's just silly.

Harsin will likely bring in a QB to compete and Cord will drop on the depth chart further than he is. He didn't exactly have a stellar performance against NW.

Just because he's transferring doesn't mean he's not looking out for his future coaching career. Maybe he was tight with Gus and wanted to learn his coaching philosophies (whatever the hell they were). Maybe Harsin isn't interested in a coach-in-waiting asking him a million questions as he tries to learn his new stomping grounds. No clue, but best of luck to Cord.

24 minutes ago, REALTORTiger said:

Should have never been here and it was a waste of a scholarship from Day 1.  I'm sure he's a nice man but this isn't a charity.  Even more example of how inept Gus was.

Have you ever had anything good to say about anybody or anything associated with Auburn?  Troll much?  

When it is warranted, yes.  In his case it was not.  Although its not his fault that Gus recruited him, I suppose.

I'm a realist, not a blind homer.  This football program right now is in shambles. Utter ruin.  Harsin has a HUGE hill to climb.  

I thought Cord came to Auburn for the college experience and education.  That may have been his intentions, with the hopes of maybe winning the job, but as a competitor he can't be content with 3-4 string just living the life.  

I'm afraid, and I know from experience, he has a case of dead-arm from all the baseball he has played/chronic arm injuries.  If the QB competition is open, and I'm sure it will be, I don't see him beating out Loy, Davis or Nix next year.  Wish him the best, Auburn was probably too big of a jump.  I hope he realizes where he is as a QB and decides on a school that matches his level.  He very will could go to a small school and start and have a nice finish to his career.  Wish him the best!

1 hour ago, REALTORTiger said:

When it is warranted, yes.  In his case it was not.  Although its not his fault that Gus recruited him, I suppose.

I'm a realist, not a blind homer.  This football program right now is in shambles. Utter ruin.  Harsin has a HUGE hill to climb.  

Since when is it being a blind homer to want a guy to succeed at Auburn or other program after leaving Auburn? Obviously, you don’t have a kid playing or any compassion for the people that put on the uniform for the supposedly school you cheer.   Troll!!!

1 hour ago, REALTORTiger said:

EC8E03BC-BAD7-49A6-9DA1-2387AFEF63E5.jpeg

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

Since when is it being a blind homer to want a guy to succeed at Auburn or other program after leaving Auburn? Obviously, you don’t have a kid playing or any compassion for the people that put on the uniform for the supposedly school you cheer.   Troll!!!

Oh good lord.  Get over yourself.  He was almost as old as some of the coaches.  Get real.

I don't want him to go to hell, I just stated that he should have never been given a scholarship to play QB in the SEC.  He was absolutely terrible.  I've seen Pop Warner QBs with stronger arms.

1 hour ago, USATiger said:

I'm afraid, and I know from experience, he has a case of dead-arm from all the baseball he has played/chronic arm injuries.  If the QB competition is open, and I'm sure it will be, I don't see him beating out Loy, Davis or Nix next year.  Wish him the best, Auburn was probably too big of a jump.  I hope he realizes where he is as a QB and decides on a school that matches his level.  He very will could go to a small school and start and have a nice finish to his career.  Wish him the best!

A very real thing. I experienced this myself. Got to where I struggled to throw 40 yards.

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

A very real thing. I experienced this myself. Got to where I struggled to throw 40 yards.

I’ve struggled to do that my whole life. ;)

Well, the cord has been pulled already for next season. There it goes..

Seriously though, wish him the best. Anyone who suits up in the orange and blue I hope all goes well for them.

16 hours ago, REALTORTiger said:

Oh good lord.  Get over yourself.  He was almost as old as some of the coaches.  Get real.

I don't want him to go to hell, I just stated that he should have never been given a scholarship to play QB in the SEC.  He was absolutely terrible.  I've seen Pop Warner QBs with stronger arms.

You’re attacking the wrong person.   Cord accepted a scholarship.   Would you have not accepted a scholarship if offered?   Are you that ignorant?  The beef should be with the coach.   Don’t see the need to say  A negative word towards the young man 

Archived