Ryan Russell out as S and C coach.

GwillMac6

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also noted in the article that all assistants cleaned their offices out and the two with the best shot to be retained are Twill and Caddie. Who knows where that source came from....

1 minute ago, wareagle881 said:

Also noted in the article that all assistants cleaned their offices out and the two with the best shot to be retained are Twill and Caddie. Who knows where that source came from....

Brett Whiteside who is Director of Football Oprations and Admin was also let go.

21 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Brett Whiteside who is Director of Football Oprations and Admin was also let go.

I understand the move, but I’ve met and talked to him a few times, and he seemed like a good dude. Best wishes to him in the future. 

Just now, WarEagle2423 said:

I understand the move, but I’ve met and talked to him a few times, and he seemed like a good dude. Best wishes to him in the future. 

Gus guy. I get it. Want to bring in your own dudes for the most part.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Gus guy. I get it. Want to bring in your own dudes for the most part.

Oh 100%. I’m fine with the move. Just hope the guy lands on his feet. I’m all for Harsin completely cleaning house. Only 2 I’d keep are Caddy and TWill (and maybe Porter), but I’d want Harsin making that decision, and whichever way he decides, I’m all for it, especially if the new guys look like they can be ballers for us on the trail and the field. 

33 minutes ago, wareagle881 said:

Its phillip Marshall, so get a box of salt to go with what he writes. What sources he had are long gone now

10 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Oh 100%. I’m fine with the move. Just hope the guy lands on his feet. I’m all for Harsin completely cleaning house. Only 2 I’d keep are Caddy and TWill (and maybe Porter), but I’d want Harsin making that decision, and whichever way he decides, I’m all for it, especially if the new guys look like they can be ballers for us on the trail and the field. 

Why Porter ? He had nothing to do with Carlson. Kick coverage was poor and , did nothing with h backs. Send him packing.

I understand a HC wanting his guys, and S&C is the type of guy coaches will bring with them as those guys do so much other than what their job title states.  I've been around Russell, and watched him work.  I've incorporated some of his stuff doing what I do.  He is a different breed of S&C guys as he purposely balances strength with injury prevention, and did a damn fine job.  Outside of a couple of folks, Auburn's ACL injuries are lower, if not the lowest among P5 schools.  

To summarize, Russell is a top-of-the-line strength and conditioning coach, and a great guy to have around young men.  He has a lot to do with why we haven't had issues with off-the-field stuff.  They were terrified of his punishment, but most importantly he is a leader and inspires the guys to do the right thing.  He will find a new home and do an outstanding job.  I'm not surprised and give Harsin full support for the move, personally, I wanted Russell to still be the head of the S&C program.  Wish him nothing but the best!

Good Luck to coach Russell . It will be refreshing to have a new program . I stated for years AU seemed smaller and weaker than its sec competitors. It may have been by design, but either way coach Russell will be picked up soon 

He needs to visit across the state to see what they are implementing with their new program.  Losing Cochran was a positive for them, that team looked much bigger than before

22 minutes ago, lala said:

He needs to visit across the state to see what they are implementing with their new program.  Losing Cochran was a positive for them, that team looked much bigger than before

Need to also implement how they are covering up what they are doing 

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Need to also implement how they are covering up what they are doing 

Ain’t that the truth. It’s criminal what some schools are allowed to get away with. 

11 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Ain’t that the truth. It’s criminal what some schools are allowed to get away with. 

If you ain't cheating you ain't trying

Who was the guy under Tubbs era where basically Tubbs told him "run them till they puke" to get them in best conditioning for the 4th quarter. Obviously worked, we were always so damn relentless in those years. Seemed more fresh than our opponents.

I’ve always thought we were lacking in strength and conditioning under Coach Russell.  I wish him the best and hope we make a step in the right direction with a new hire. 

Archived