best alternate helmets/uniforms

AU80cruiser

14 hours ago, JTFazz said:

I am not averse to an alternate uniform used sparingly and strategically, but I my three decades of branding and corporate image experience taught me there is value in the brand consistency, especially with a valuable brand like Auburn enjoys. As long as the alternate uniforms can be visually tied to the established Auburn brand and they don't do an Oregon "uniform of the week," then I am down with it. I am a big baseball fan and love the classic uniform look many teams use today. I think back on the trendy uniforms of the 70s like the Braves and Brewers baby blue pullovers, the Padres yellow and brown, the White Sox half collars and the Astros' multicolored stripes and I throw up a little.

And I think Alabama and Penn State's unis show the imagination of a dung beetle. There's tradition and then there's just not trying.

@Beaker I personally loved that helmet design when I saw Navy use it for the Army-Navy game. But since an Auburn version would be criticized as a Navy knockoff, I would prefer something more original.

Navy to wear new uniforms tomorrow. | CatsIllustrated.com

I understand....yeah I saw the Navy version that day vs Army and was smitten.      I doubt Greene or Harsin call me and ask me my opinion.  If they call me, I will see if we can conference you in.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Never2Yield said:

Auburn_Helmet_5.jpg

Auburn_Helmet_3.jpg

Auburn_Helmet_7.jpg

I removed the one I did not like.

These are BA.

I think we keep the uni the same, and have alt helmets here and there.

I don't want to become Oregon who has no tradition now, but  we need to  stay current with what the kids want.  We are recruiting THEM afterall.

2 minutes ago, Beaker said:

These are BA.

I don't want to become Oregon who has no tradition now, but  we need to  stay current with what the kids want.  We are recruiting THEM afterall.

I see you ditched my avatar pic, I'm crushed!  :poke:

WAR EAGLE!!!!!

9 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Im fine with just an A-day uni change. We could do 2 different styles that day. One for offense and one for defense.

It'd be a cool way to bring national attention to an otherwise mundane thing. 

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

It'd be a cool way to bring national attention to an otherwise mundane thing. 

I think its a good idea doing the Aday thing and doing 2 at a time. Aday looks so plain with no names on the jerseys as is.

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

These are BA.

I like the last design but not that Tiger. It was kind of a generic logo used by many schools back in the day. Seems like I read that it was actually designed for LSU.

Here are a couple more helmet designs, some I like more than others.  I take no credit, found them on the internet some years ago.

BurntOrange_and_NavyBlue.jpg

NavyBlue_and_BurntOrange.jpg

NavyBlue_and_BurntOrange.png

NavyBlue_and_BurntOrange2.jpg

WarEagle.png

White_BurntOrange_and_NavyBlue.jpg

3 hours ago, Beaker said:

I understand....yeah I saw the Navy version that day vs Army and was smitten.      I doubt Greene or Harsin call me and ask me my opinion.  If they call me, I will see if we can conference you in.

I am an Army vet and I, too, fell in love with that Navy helmet. Had Auburn come up with that design first, I would be all in with you for a permanent change of helmet design.

17 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Minus the space shuttle

Concept-Space-610x840.png

Well we are an aerospace school.  Keep the shuttle! 😉

1 minute ago, AU80cruiser said:

You're right my Aunt and Uncle whom are both Alums retired from NASA.

My dad got an Aerospace degree and worked with United Technologies in Huntsville.  They worked on the skirting of the solid rocket boosters of the shuttle. 

8 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Hey numnuts look to the left side of the image #21

auburn football doug barfield orange jersey

Is that you blocking?

Looks like your yelling to Charlie, "Look out!"

4 hours ago, Beaker said:

These are BA.

Blue one was my favorite.

In all blue jersey and pants!

AUsume!!

31 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Found this during a search :roflol:

Concept-YellaWood-real-life-1-768x511.png

Concept-YellaWood-610x840.png

D_U3FWsXoAA5R5j.jpeg

U of Wyoming might be interested. They could even have a ready made mascot in Rane! LOL!!!

5 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

My dad got an Aerospace degree and worked with United Technologies in Huntsville.  They worked on the skirting of the solid rocket boosters of the shuttle. 

That's pretty cool man. One of the things my Uncle worked on were the tiles on the outside of the shuttle. Other than that, I couldnt tell you. They live in Houston. 

On 1/6/2021 at 3:38 PM, leglessdan said:

I like the grey and pair it with the grey helmet 

-6aea8893c68f53d6.png

-6ec46066a8482a0c.jpg

-113770c1729edea2.png

unnamed.jpg

-8c4bb4660af8d152.jpg

20817268-standard.jpg

I actually don't mind the orange tops and blue pants combo...

5 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

The bottom one with the old school Aubie is fire. 

Thanks, I agree! Not my design, found them on the internet.

A navy blue glossy helmet with the existing uniforms would look good.  Wouldn't need to be used often, perhaps on away games mostly.  

NavyBlue_and_BurntOrange2.jpg.221fb2607e09371af1e8b4e2dac13f5b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Just saw this on Twitter. SIAP, but these are the first orange facemasks I've ever seen that I think look cool. 

20210124_133614.thumb.jpg.ad7b93e36175c49d98e23cf8ab9ffeb5.jpg

That is ridiculously hot!

I love the Aubie version in the post above also The 3rd one down from Never To Yields post.

We need a BA dark helmet for the road.  

Do something for kids who are playing the game - mix it up a little and a sense of flash since Schwartz is going to the NFL.   

On 1/7/2021 at 4:32 PM, AUBwins said:

Well we are an aerospace school.  Keep the shuttle! 😉

The last shuttle flight was 10 years ago. Think we can move on to 21st century technology now, otherwise put the Saturn V on there

Archived