MAGAs Trying to Storm the Capitol

Brad_ATX

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know, not for this board,  but if you haven't seen the news in the past couple ours,  check it out.  

Just put it here in case anyone had been focused on Auburn and not know what's going on.

What a disgrace!

How will this effect Auburn football?

On their way? Hilarious. The fact that several individuals were able to infiltrate inside the capitol and just be chilling there?! No worry in their minds. Again, hilarious...Shows where we are. 

2 minutes ago, Timbeaux38 said:

Right after Tubbs is sworn in, the capital's defense breaks down.

He will blame a coordinator.

they are supposedly storming  the capital in little rock now.   

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

On their way? Hilarious. The fact that several individuals were able to infiltrate inside the capitol and just be chilling there?! No work in their minds. Again, hilarious...Shows where we are. 

They should’ve been there this whole time.

Move to political thread!!

9 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Hold the line, fellow Auburn fans. Don't give into the chaos. No blaming, finger pointing, or conspiracies. Just unite and hold the line. The world is watching, and our potential adversaries are laughing.

TF are you talking about?

Trump invited his supporters to come demonstrate democracy, he opted not to put security in place, and now they have overtaken our nation's capitol.

Again I ask, TF are you talking about?

Just now, shabby said:

Something about seeing Biden right now brings comfort. Thank you President Biden. Making us Proud already. 

He's showing how a true President should act. Rather than hide and instigate, he's trying to calm America.

I haven't seen anything but what I expected to hear about happening in DC today was people who have decided that other countries can allow leaders to be shuffled in through questionable means, but this is not going to happen in America - at least not without someone hearing from them.

Regardless of who you voted for, every American should want to keep us from becoming yet another country where a select rich and powerful few can decide who they want to lead the country - especially when some of those select few are not from said country.

If it is not your candidate this time it certainly could be next time.

2 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

What is wrong with this guy (rhetorical)

?

I'm trying to figure out what he's aiming for here. My guess is that he wants their continued support, but what they're doing won't make any difference and only makes him look bad.

So Trump comes on TV and tells them to go home followed by claims of Fraud and stir them up rhetoric. What a piece of..  .

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

TF are you talking about?

Trump invited his supporters to come demonstrate democracy, he opted not to put security in place, and now they have overtaken our nation's capitol.

Again I ask, TF are you talking about?

This may have been the catalyst for what is occurring, but there was a confluence of many different things that led up to this. This didn't just happen overnight. Trump's rhetoric simply spurred the rage that was already present in our increasingly polarized political culture. Even if Trump exits the picture completely, these types of events will still occur if we don't course correct from all the things that got us here.

What I foresee happening after this is that anyone on the right will be grouped in with the thugs who stormed the capital, and the radical left will continue spewing hatred towards anyone on the right whether they were complicit or not. It's the societal equivalent of corporal punishment. The radical right will then respond with rhetoric and their own acts of violence, and the cycle will continue. A better path forward would be condemning lawlessness of all kinds, and finding common humanity with our fellow citizens. This SHOULD be a wake up call for all of us, but I think we'll only drift further into turmoil.

7 minutes ago, DunderMifflin said:

I haven't seen anything but what I expected to hear about happening in DC today was people who have decided that other countries can allow leaders to be shuffled in through questionable means, but this is not going to happen in America - at least not without someone hearing from them.

Regardless of who you voted for, every American should want to keep us from becoming yet another country where a select rich and powerful few can decide who they want to lead the country - especially when some of those select few are not from said country.

If it is not your candidate this time it certainly could be next time.

And when the democrats dispute the next election they lose I hope you are as supportive. Peaceful transfer of power is what has defined American democracy and made us a stable country. Trump and his supporters have ended that American tradition. 

If there was any evidence of the level of fraud required to elect Biden then why did all the Trump appointed judges throw out the lawsuits? I guess they were deep state moles that were secretly working against trump? 

These people are acting only on the word of a madman. Maybe this madman does not bring down the country but he won’t be the last to try. And people like you will support them based solely on their word. And your not alone. Literally thousands if not millions of people will go along side you. 

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

He just can’t help himself. 

The difference between Biden addressing the nTion and Trump address the nation is stark

.  MODS  you can take this to the political forum now. 

I was hoping this would just be a info thread for those that didn't know.

edit: refreshed and saw you moved it long ago.  Thanks.

Archived