OC: Mike Bobo

W.E.D

Keith N. believes an OC and another offensive coach will be announced today. He posted at like 1 this morning. 

Almost has to be Bobo

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Keith N. believes an OC and another offensive coach will be announced today. He posted at like 1 this morning. 

Almost has to be Bobo

Would be shocked if Mason wasn’t announced as well. Mason feels like more of a done deal than Bobo.

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Would be shocked if Mason wasn’t announced as well. Mason feels like more of a done deal than Bobo.

I can be more content with Mason that I can with Bobo. Modern SEC football involves scoring points in order to win, lots of points. MSU,OM,aTm, UGA,BAMA, FLA and maybe LSU are geared to score now. I am concerned

The key to Alabama's success offensively is personnel, not scheme.  No doubt a good offensive coordinator contributes but both the OC and DC get too much credit and too much blame for their unit's performance.  Brent Venables was widely considered to be an idiot at OU and they celebrated his departure. Now he's a genius.

7 minutes ago, chizhead said:

I can be more content with Mason that I can with Bobo. Modern SEC football involves scoring points in order to win, lots of points. MSU,OM,aTm, UGA,BAMA, FLA and maybe LSU are geared to score now. I am concerned

The idea is that Bobo’s offense meshes well with Harsin’s and he’d ultimately be running Harsin’s playbook with concepts of his own. Bobo can recruit and develop talent. Pair him with Bryan McClendon and we’d have some dogs on the trail.

I don’t really care who Harsin hires. I want him to just win baby and if that means hiring Rhett or Vangorder (🤮), just because he thinks so, then so be it!

23 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I don’t really care who Harsin hires. I want him to just win baby and if that means hiring Rhett or Vangorder (🤮), just because he thinks so, then so be it!

Two weeks ago I genuinely knew nothing of the guy except that he was Boise State’s HC and today he could hire Gus Malzahn as OC and I’d be like “I trust the guy”

31 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

The key to Alabama's success offensively is personnel, not scheme.  No doubt a good offensive coordinator contributes but both the OC and DC get too much credit and too much blame for their unit's performance.  Brent Venables was widely considered to be an idiot at OU and they celebrated his departure. Now he's a genius.

are you kidding me?!?! we have those type guys on our campus, the only difference is we had a clown running our offense and Bama have or had a competent guy calling their offense that put those players in position to make plays. As for Venables, today the look or make up of there defense looks entirely different than say 3-4 years ago?

I don't care who the coach is, but if we don't have better QB recruiting we won't be able to compete. If Harbison thinks he can win with Bobo, then bring him on!

6 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

are you kidding me?!?! we have those type guys on our campus, the only difference is we had a clown running our offense and Bama have or had a competent guy calling their offense that put those players in position to make plays. As for Venables, today the look or make up of there defense looks entirely different than say 3-4 years ago?

We absolutely do not have the talent bams have and it's really not even close. But I do agree that a really great coach can come in and run a O to the strength of the athlete and develop say a 3* recruit to play at the level of a 5* and we did NOT have that. Problem with bama and saban is he is getting 5*s and developing them from that point. 

33 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

I'll give you Sark is much better play caller than gus/Chad, but we do not have the same talent. They had 2 players in heisman race, multiple stud RBs and a 5* OL. 

We had tank last year. 

1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

The key to Alabama's success offensively is personnel, not scheme.  No doubt a good offensive coordinator contributes but both the OC and DC get too much credit and too much blame for their unit's performance. 

This^^^^

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

The idea is that Bobo’s offense meshes well with Harsin’s and he’d ultimately be running Harsin’s playbook with concepts of his own. Bobo can recruit and develop talent.

Several wisdom bombs getting dropped this morning!!!

42 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

I definitely do not think we have Alabama type guys in our campus lol 

Alabama type receivers can generally stop playing as sophomores and be day 1 guys

6 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

This^^^^

I think I could call plays at bama and be successful. Maybe not every year, but this past year with that O-Line. No problem!  Lol

1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

Their elite personnel helps, but don't kid yourself that Sark's scheme, play development, spacing, etc was a major factor in their performance.

16 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

This^^^^

Absolutely.  Best roster = best team.  Coaching up 3* talent to win the SEC is not a thing.  As Big Kat said, all you gotta do around here is recruit.  If Bobo is the best recruiter we can get for that role it should be a no brainer.  Whoever has the most talent will always win.  
Unless it’s Kirby.  Man, how dumb is that guy? 

11 hours ago, Strychnine said:

As a Georgia resident, the only thing I can say about Mike Bobo is that Georgia fans hated that man with a passion that might only be rivaled by Satan himself.

Yes they did. They loved when Mike Bobo was gone. Also at the end of his tenure there GA’s offense looked archaic. I’m not for this hire at all personally. 

12 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

I think I could call plays at bama and be successful. Maybe not every year, but this past year with that O-Line. No problem!  Lol

Count me in as running game play caller for them.  Najee Harris is a stud that chose (wisely) to come back for his senior year and the guy can catch passes, block like a motha and run like a horse behind that NFL oline.

Seriously, they have the best talent in the country and they don't have to take a team full of 3*'s spend quality time building & coaching them up to 5* players.  It's like they get to start on second base while other teams are still working in the batting cages. 

We will just have to see how this works out. He was not my first choice or my second choice or my third choice but If the man can bring in top talent and our offense resembles the Boise offense, hopefully it will be OK. 
He is a quarterback guru and an elite recruiter. That is his main upside.

3 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Yes they did. They loved when Mike Bobo was gone. Also at the end of his tenure there GA’s offense looked archaic. I’m not for this hire at all personally. 

I can't imagine a fan base being disgruntled with their coaches after a bad season, or even a bad game.  Wow those uga fans must be a real piece of work!  😂

Archived