OC: Mike Bobo

W.E.D

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

I'd perma-ban someone for that level of stupidity and ignorance.

Derek Mason was the best DC on the market PERIOD.

Hell, the second best option on my list Marcus Freeman who also happens to not be white lol.

Heck, the third option most mentioned was Andy Avalos who also isn't white.

People drive me nuts man.

Lol about the ban....... you can probably still read about it in the locked topic on first page of forum. Entitled remember when....

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I'd perma-ban someone for that level of stupidity and ignorance.

Derek Mason was the best DC on the market PERIOD.

Hell, the second best option on my list Marcus Freeman who also happens to not be white lol.

Heck, the third option most mentioned was Andy Avalos who also isn't white.

People drive me nuts man.

To be fair it was relayed from another source, and it was more about our JABA puppet masters, but yeah. The implication was clear and gross. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

To be fair it was relayed from another source, and it was more about our JABA puppet masters, but yeah. The implication was clear and gross. 

Ah I read it now. The Bobo thing might have some merit though. It's a hire I'm still not sold on but Mason was the best guy for the job bar-none. JABA would have been TRob as DC and some Gus disciple as OC.

12 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Is anyone saying Derek Mason was chosen based off race? If so they can **** right off.

Yeah but that's not what even tripped me out it's when I make a tongue in cheek joke the reactions at first. It's ok to discuss that one way but it's ridiculous to even think it the other way. It's all good though, just a social experiment. Don't mind me I'm too happy about having the chance of a physical football team. Not going to let anybody ruin it

So far, I'm on board with the choices made by Harsin.  Mason was a no-brainer and I like the thought of another former QB as OC/QB coach/playcaller. 

Caveat: I still haven't forgiven Bobo for that last second 4th down hail Mary to tie the game, which led to a 4 OT loss for Auburn.  Perhaps this will be the road to recovery.  ;)

51 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He's being sarcastic. It was suggested in another thread that Mason was hired because he's black.

Oh lol 

I didn't see where that was said about Mason, though if I had, my reaction would've been the exact same.

My bad, @cole256 I see your sarcasm and raise you an ignorant reaction lol.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Apparently Bobo also grew up a die-hard Auburn fan FWIW

Are you coming around to us hiring Bobo now? You slammed him pretty hard a while ago.

Just now, JFDTiger80 said:

Are you coming around to us hiring Bobo now? You slammed him pretty hard a while ago.

I'm excited for Bobo the recruiter and some of the assistants he's bringing.

Still very concerned about Bobo the play-caller.

5 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Oh lol 

I didn't see where that was said about Mason, though if I had, my reaction would've been the exact same.

My bad, @cole256 I see your sarcasm and raise you an ignorant reaction lol.

Hey we're still solid my guy. I know that's not your MO that's why I didn't reply. I figured you'd understand in a few secs lol

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

This is where in at. I'm just going to hold the HC accountable, I'm going to assume he knows what he's doing and support him

Just now, cole256 said:

This is where in at. I'm just going to hold the HC accountable, I'm going to assume he knows what he's doing and support him

Yup, worst case I guess Harsin could call plays? Just hope that Harsin rubs off on Bobo enough that it still looks like the offense we were hyped up about and not what we saw from South Carolina so much.

24 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That's exactly what was suggested in another thread. 

Horrible and crazy. I hope ALL the coaches have been chosen for their abilities to recruit and grow young men into great men that work hard, study hard and give 100 percent. I don't know CDM personally, but from what I can tell, he is a man that has a great deal of respect from his players and he wants the best for them. I am excited to see him on the AU sidelines.

19 minutes ago, Zeek said:

With Harsin being an offensive-side-of-the-ball guy I was more concerned about the defensive staff hires 

11 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Yup, worst case I guess Harsin could call plays? Just hope that Harsin rubs off on Bobo enough that it still looks like the offense we were hyped up about and not what we saw from South Carolina so much.

I am thinking he is more here because his expertise in QB development and recruiting . Sure him and CBH discussed the strategy offensively as well too. I Mean this guy has a five star committed to USCe. 

7 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Horrible and crazy. I hope ALL the coaches have been chosen for their abilities to recruit and grow young men into great men that work hard, study hard and give 100 percent. I don't know CDM personally, but from what I can tell, he is a man that has a great deal of respect from his players and he wants the best for them. I am excited to see him on the AU sidelines.

I don't think we have anything to worry about. 

24 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Compared to the last guy?

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I am thinking he is more here because his expertise in QB development and recruiting . Sure him and CBH discussed the strategy offensively as well too. I Mean this guy has a five star committed to USCe. 

Recruiting seems to be priority 1, 2 and 3 with these hires. And I'm here for it. Let's build that roster as efficiently and quickly as possible. And, like you said, see if we can get a QB ready to play. 

3 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Based off common opponents, yes. 

28 minutes ago, Zeek said:

That's my stance on Bobo.  I'm hoping he can do his elite QB development and S. Georgia recruiting thing and Harsin can lean on some offensive wisdom/play calling

Some concern about health issues with him.

4 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

For our sake I hope Hars can be as heavy handed w/ Bobo as Gus was on his assistants.

Luckily for us Hars has been successful running an offense outside of High School/needing tempo 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Notice how the other way around not too many offended or have reactions or whatnot. Hilarious

I saw the insinuation you're referring to and agree that it was pretty egregious. More so even when the poster of the accusation thought nothing was wrong.

However, I think you might be overplaying the lack of similarities in reactions just a bit. If he had flat out said "He was brought in because he was black", I believe he would've gotten far more negative reactions. He beat around the bush a bit so to speak, so it didn't sound quite so up front. The majority of posters here never saw it though, and seeing your comment was likely pretty shocking when no context was given as to why it was made. Unfortunately, you also have to factor in the clout of the person who made the statement.

Please keep in mind I'm siding with you here, just saying the two statements made aren't exactly the same, therefore the reactions aren't the same.

2 minutes ago, WarDamn2010 said:

I saw the insinuation you're referring to and agree that it was pretty egregious. More so even when the poster of the accusation thought nothing was wrong.

However, I think you might be overplaying the lack of similarities in reactions just a bit. If he had flat out said "He was brought in because he was black", I believe he would've gotten far more negative reactions. He beat around the bush a bit so to speak, so it didn't sound quite so up front. The majority of posters here never saw it though, and seeing your comment was likely pretty shocking when no context was given as to why it was made. Unfortunately, you also have to factor in the clout of the person who made the statement.

Please keep in mind I'm siding with you here, just saying the two statements made aren't exactly the same, therefore the reactions aren't the same.

Also to not drag this topic so far along, I did speak to some posters underneath the scenes and social media and enlightened them on the issue. Why it might be glaringly offensive to others and why it just kind of didn’t sit right with me and I am assuming others. Hopefully this is a learning moment.

4 minutes ago, WarDamn2010 said:

You know what? That's a great point, there is a major difference in delivery even though the same message. Thanks for showing me that. I know it may be stupid but I didn't think about that. Preciate your tone as well. I can certainly learn from you

Archived