OC: Mike Bobo

W.E.D

1 hour ago, caleb1633 said:

I almost invested in a foam brick. I will never forget that 2016 Clemson game, but I don't know if anything pissed me off more than watching him run the ball up the middle on 17 consecutive first downs against LSU in 2017. Bobo should definitely be an upgrade. I'm just prepping myself that there will be some frustrating moments in terms of play calling, but at least he won't play 5 QBs in one game. I'm definitely going to try and remember that lol.

I always wondered how that might effect a team’s psyche, when the bulk of your game plan against one of your biggest rivals was 90% “how can we trick them with clownery?”. It felt like a lack of confidence in your team, to me.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Such an inspiring thread we’re discussing the Worst Of from Gus, huh 

Isn't it worth the momentary de-rail?

I'll never forget the postgame in the lockerroom with C. Cox: when asked verbatim, "Was this plan? Did you practice rotating QB's like this?". Cox looks strait at the guy all bug-eyed, "He just said Sean is our Guy."

That's the last I'll ever speak of Clemson '16 on Aufamily. Carry on.

The way you frame the Clemson game is

if Auburn wins that, they’re going into Athens with one loss, and likely as a top 4ish team. Imagine losing to .500 true freshman Jacob Eason as a playoffs team. It could’ve been worse

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

Worst part about that 2016 Clemson game was that it was one of the PRIMETIME games of the GREATEST opening day in college football history. Everyone and their mama was watching that circus.

2 minutes ago, AUinfusion said:

I always wondered how that might effect a team’s psyche, when the bulk of your game plan against one of your biggest rivals was 90% “how can we trick them with clownery?”. It felt like a lack of confidence in your team, to me.

PhEHEz3.gif

9 minutes ago, woodford said:

Worst part about that 2016 Clemson game was that it was one of the PRIMETIME games of the GREATEST opening day in college football history. Everyone and their mama was watching that circus.

tumblr_nzpubuEu1V1r7cgfjo1_400.gif

Hey. Didn’t you notice. Chaperones are here. Your posts must conform to their sensitivities. Scram! You kids. Go take your thoughts to another board. 🤔

1 minute ago, AUx said:

tumblr_nzpubuEu1V1r7cgfjo1_400.gif

Hey. Didn’t you notice. Chaperones are here. Your posts must conform to their sensitivities. Scram! You kids. Go take your thoughts to another board. 🤔

Thanks

8 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I think Bo has the drive and the tools to be really good in the right situation and coaching. Hope this is the man who can do it!

30 minutes ago, JTFazz said:

Other than Bobo breaking my heart in 1996, I got nothing else to add.

I'm sorry buddy. But sometimes love comes back around. 

2 minutes ago, shabby said:

I'm sorry buddy. But sometimes love comes back around. 

I watched the fourth quarter and the entire overtime at the old location of JOhnny Ray's BBQ in Vestavia Hills. It ruined Coconut Cream Pie for me forever.

3 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

I hope Harsin can get him to open up from the pro-style a little more and play a mixture.

This is my issue with Bobo. Harsin is going to have to do that! Bobo's playcalling is so bland and predictable. That has me concerned. That's why i'm surprised he was hired. I'm going to go with it but I just don't recall good memories when UGA fans got fed up with Bobo for his playcalling. I'm just already worried about the offense but i'll wait and see. 

2 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

This is my issue with Bobo. Harsin is going to have to do that! Bobo's playcalling is so bland and predictable. That has me concerned. That's why i'm surprised he was hired. I'm going to go with it but I just don't recall good memories when UGA fans got fed up with Bobo for his playcalling. I'm just already worried about the offense but i'll wait and see. 

Harsin and Bobo have history of playing each other when Harsin was at Boise State and Bobo was at Colorado State.  Bobo was never able to beat him, but they did have a few interesting games.  Harsin said he has wanted to work with Bobo for quite some time.  He also said "We are going to be very versatile in what we do and Mike's offensive background speaks for itself. I'm really excited to combine forces with Mike as we create the Auburn offense, a high-powered, attacking and physical unit that will come at you in many ways."

Those do not sound like the words of a guy that is worried about his new OC hire being stuck in his ways.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2021 at 3:07 PM, Strychnine said:

Something that endlessly frustrated me with Gus was the fact that Plan A had to work.  If it did not, there would still be no Plan B.

Exactly. He even said before that if the offense wasn’t successful it was not the play but the players not doing what he drew up. Never thought about once those players had seen his one trick pony they wouldn’t be fooled by it again. 🤔

On 1/8/2021 at 10:09 PM, Tigerpro2a said:

I actually though Bobo called a good game against UF. Playcalling doesn't seem as predictable when you have the bodies to have success. 

Not much wrong with the play calling here.

What I saw was an offensive line that had a hard time blocking better athletes from Florida. A QB that was just not very mobile, and receivers who dropped too many passes. I did however see more passes between the hashes in one game than I've seen from an Auburn offense in three seasons, and a running game with something other than a simple handoff up the gut.

I don't really see Bobo as some boring pro style play caller. At UGA he threw it more than most schools at the time. Not just a ground and pound, also moved to the shot gun thst most others were doing. 

He's gonna on thr RPO trend. I feel like he'll be able to run what Harsin wants to do. 

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

I don't really see Bobo as some boring pro style play caller. At UGA he threw it more than most schools at the time. Not just a ground and pound, also moved to the shot gun thst most others were doing. 

He's gonna on thr RPO trend. I feel like he'll be able to run what Harsin wants to do. 

When he was at GA he would take no less than half a dozen deep shots at you every game.

On 1/7/2021 at 6:48 PM, AU-Allen said:

Bobo can coach QB's not sure there are many any better at it, Lets not forget at Ga. he was rock solid 30-40 ppg avg every year. 

First they have to unlearn what the previous team taught them. Bo can be reprogrammed 

8 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

First they have to unlearn what the previous team taught them. Bo can be reprogrammed 

That should not take long for most positions!!

• 4 weeks later...

Can't wait to see if Mike Bobo can turn Bo Nix into a winning QB for the Tigers. I'm hoping coach Harsin will give Tyler Shough, the transfer from Oregon a long and hard look. Tyler is 6-4, 187 and he still has 3 years of eligibility remaining.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Can't wait to see if Mike Bobo can turn Bo Nix into a winning QB for the Tigers. I'm hoping coach Harsin will give Tyler Shough, the transfer from Oregon a long and hard look. Tyler is 6-4, 187 and he still has 3 years of eligibility remaining.

I'm guessing Spring will determine what kind of transfer QB we bring in.  If Bo/DD does well, I'm not sure we bring in someone like Shough.

Archived