OC: Mike Bobo

W.E.D

Here’s where I sit with the Bobo hire:  

It is very well established that he is an elite recruiter and QB developer.   He also runs a versatile O that fits our HC’s philosophy really well.  He has a lot of experience calling plays, and I’m sure he’s learned a lot over the years.  But the biggest thing is that when you get elite talent and develop them at a very high level, they will make you look like a genius play caller regardless of what you call.   I like where we’re headed!

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

when you get elite talent and develop them at a very high level, they will make you look like a genius play caller

Bingo.

As for Bobo's play calling at uga, does anyone have a good feel for how much he was being managed by Richt? I know things have been up and down for him since then, but I'm guessing that most opinions here are based on his time at uga. (Would certainly seem to be the case with his rep as a QB whisperer.)

13 hours ago, bigbird said:

Great pick up.  I love the off-field staff CBH has out together

So clearly a different mindset and approach at work here. Don't know if it's going to work, but damn it feels good to be a gangster not already know the mediocre results of our next season.

On 2/17/2021 at 8:39 AM, AUpreacherman22 said:

Here’s where I sit with the Bobo hire:  

It is very well established that he is an elite recruiter and QB developer.   He also runs a versatile O that fits our HC’s philosophy really well.  He has a lot of experience calling plays, and I’m sure he’s learned a lot over the years.  But the biggest thing is that when you get elite talent and develop them at a very high level, they will make you look like a genius play caller regardless of what you call.   I like where we’re headed!

i remember bobo being tough as nails during his playing time as well.

On 2/16/2021 at 7:26 PM, auburn4ever said:

Can't wait to see if Mike Bobo can turn Bo Nix into a winning QB for the Tigers. I'm hoping coach Harsin will give Tyler Shough, the transfer from Oregon a long and hard look. Tyler is 6-4, 187 and he still has 3 years of eligibility remaining.

Bo needs to improve, but he is a winning QB already.

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

I think he meant he hoped Bo turns us into a winning team. :)

Alternatively he might hope he can turn Bo into a winning QB on the road vs a high quality opponent.

Archived