OC: Mike Bobo

W.E.D

I have a hard time liking Bobo because he took our lunch money as QB for the Dawgs.  This is the coach supposedly Steele wanted so I also not sure what to think of it.  

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

As a Georgia resident, the only thing I can say about Mike Bobo is that Georgia fans hated that man with a passion that might only be rivaled by Satan himself.

Is it possible their hate was a little misdirected at the time? Ultimately they realized it was Richt all along. Numerous 10 win seasons, but could never close the deal with numerous off the field incidents along the way.

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Dude, I am with you on Mason, but why are you doing this? Ever since his name has been mentioned you have posted everything bad you can find. Not helping...

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I can only hope that AU takes a hard look at these accusations before making an offer (assuming we are considering him). Should not be in consideration if we think they might be true.

15 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I have a hard time liking Bobo because he took our lunch money as QB for the Dawgs.  This is the coach supposedly Steele wanted so I also not sure what to think of it.  

Big difference. With Steele Bobo would have had total O control which would have sucked. With Harsin he would be working within Harsin's guidance & framework. Better chance of success.

Just now, tsande07 said:

Should not be in consideration if we think they might be true.

Most likely wouldn't be anywhere. Him being pursued by multiple schools might indicate something

The question was asked, does Harsin call his own plays, because Boise State has a pretty innovative offense, a mix of West Coast Spread and Pro. The answer, apparently, is ..... um ..... nope. He lets the OC call the plays at Boise State. _____ BUT ____ that is with OCs who know his system.

I'm thinking (1) he couldn't convince any current Boise State OC or previous the previous Boise State OCs to come to Auburn, and/or (2) he's looking for recruiting and plans to do more actual offense coaching and play calling himself,

Because otherwise, we be in deep bo bo doodoo.

It’s hard not to be impressed with his recruit list.  It’s proof that UGA wastes more talent than any team in the country.

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Wow. Sources were quoted and named. He should have sued if untrue. Did he? Nevertheless, if you bring him onboard, this is easy low hanging fruit for the negative recruiters out there. The last thing CBH and the university needs right now is this kind of negative pub and having to defend something they had no part of.

1 minute ago, AURex said:

he's looking for recruiting and plans to do more actual offense coaching and play calling himself,

That's kinda what I'm thinking

2 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Wow. Sources were quoted and named. He should have sued if untrue. Did he? Nevertheless, if you bring him onboard, this is easy low hanging fruit for the negative recruiters out there. The last thing CBH and the university needs right now is this kind of negative pub and having to defend something they had no part of.

Not sure.

I'm taking a break from the board until the weekend. Winter Break and no work has made me too wound up lol I'll see y'all Saturday.

I would think we could / should be able to do better!

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Not sure.

I'm taking a break from the board until the weekend. Winter Break and no work has made me too wound up lol I'll see y'all Saturday.

Finally some movement and your checking out? 

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Big difference. With Steele Bobo would have had total O control which would have sucked. With Harsin he would be working within Harsin's guidance & framework. Better chance of success.

I see your point.  I, too, prefer to run Harsin multiple offense so getting an Ace recruiter that can also call Harsin plays makes the most sense I suppose.  Especially if it comes with a hidden Ace up the sleeve as well.  I'm on board with it. 

Just now, aubie17 said:

Finally some movement and your checking out? 

Yeah, go back to work tomorrow and I can't let myself get sucked into this and Twitter while working lol. Students need me focused on them.

Plus I have a feeling my Civics kids are going to want to talk about some current events lol

6 minutes ago, Hopsing said:

I would think we could / should be able to do better!

I would like to be optimistic but I just don’t see anything in his offense or play calling that shows he’s an upgrade. FWIW it seems like Derek Mason is much closer to being a done deal than Bobo is so hopefully something changes 

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Dude can recruit!

NINTCHDBPICT000585414126-1.jpg

Hate it they split them up.  They sold this during quarantine as well. I watched a YouTube conversation they had on face time.  Lol

20 minutes ago, AURex said:

I'm thinking (1) he couldn't convince any current Boise State OC or previous the previous Boise State OCs to come to Auburn

Laughably illogical & wrong. Barring some kind of weird family situation no Boise Assistant would turn down a similar or better job postion at AU.

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Yeah, go back to work tomorrow and I can't let myself get sucked into this and Twitter while working lol. Students need me focused on them.

Plus I have a feeling my Civics kids are going to want to talk about some current events lol 

I appreciate your discipline. Enjoy the students. 

Good on a leash with an offensive minded HC (Richt). Bad without it as a HC, and with a defensive minded HC (Muschamp). Still......

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Appreciate what you do....

Archived