OC: Mike Bobo

W.E.D

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RunInRed said:

Not saying Bobo isn’t a leading candidate, just saying personally he wouldn’t be my choice.

Anyone else under serious consideration? 

1 minute ago, aubie17 said:

Anyone else under serious consideration? 

Bueller, Bueller...

50 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I’m off the Harsin hype train if he hires Bobo. Sorry 

He hasn’t even had a practice!!  SMDH

10 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Not saying Bobo isn’t a leading candidate, just saying personally he wouldn’t be my choice.

Hearing Dell McGee is out of the conversation? Doesn't sound like he was going to come for less than OC title.

Have you heard anything on the Dell side?

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Have you heard anything on the Dell side?

They're stationed out of Round Rock, TX

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

They're stationed out of Round Rock, TX

Is there a Square Rock, TX?

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Ok maybe I overreacted but I just want a GOOD OFFENSE for once is that too much to ask 🥺

I feel your frustration!!  We are gonna have to be patient though. Cuz that good offense won’t arrive until we fix the O-Line. If Bobo can recruit like some have said. That’s a good start!!  

2 hours ago, tsande07 said:

I can only hope that AU takes a hard look at these accusations before making an offer (assuming we are considering him). Should not be in consideration if we think they might be true.

Sounds like a bunch of BS PC crap

You people expecting Harsins offense to be a "pro style" offense of old are going to be extremely disappointed. 

Maybe yall should watch these videos before you start going overboard on the "pro style" talk... 

I based this post off another thread but my response belongs here more than in the DC thread

Points of note...

You can hear the announcers talk about how many hits the QB has taken. Sometimes against some extremely overmatched opponents (looking directly at Portland State.)

There are some TDs out of what would be called a "pro style" offense but most are out of what you would call a spread formation.

The wildcat will still exist

Yall need to calm down on the "pro style" fascination when talking about Harsins "system." 

I remember Bobo's offense killing us several years, especially with Murray as QB. Dude could develop a QB pretty damn well, especially with play action skills.

Just now, clwn said:

I remember Bobo's offense killing us several years, especially with Murray as QB. Dude could develop a QB pretty damn well, especially with play action skills.

David Greene. DJ Shockley. Matthew Stafford. Aaron Murray. All QB's that Bobo developed. Even with the "bad" Georgia QB's in Joe Cox and Hutson Mason they were not terrible. What gets lost in all of this is he is a stud recruiter. Has a 5 star QB committed to him at South Carolina for 2022. 

Remember the good ole days when AU and GA went back and forth swapping victories with regularity? That and Auburn's historically decent recruiting inroads into GA dried up when Bobo became OC in '07. Auburn last won in Athens in 2005. Coincidence? Maybe he could be one of the main catalysts in reversing that disturbing trend a bit.... A 5* QB to USCe.....

50 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

You people expecting Harsins offense to be a "pro style" offense of old are going to be extremely disappointed. 

Maybe yall should watch these videos before you start going overboard on the "pro style" talk... 

I based this post off another thread but my response belongs here more than in the DC thread

Wait. Wait. Did I just see pass plays that involved a TE ???😎

8 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Remember the good ole days when AU and GA went back and forth swapping victories with regularity? That and Auburn's historically decent recruiting inroads into GA dried up when Bobo became OC in '07. Auburn last won in Athens in 2005. Coincidence? Maybe he could be one of the main catalysts in reversing that disturbing trend a bit.... A 5* QB to USCe.....

eh it also continued after Bobo left but I get the point 

I would hate to have Bobo, but there's a very short list of guys who could get Auburn closer to the status they had in GA, pre-Smart, than this guy 

8 hours ago, AURex said:

I'm thinking (1) he couldn't convince any current Boise State OC or previous the previous Boise State OCs to come to Auburn,

OMG you can't be serious

Archived