Jump to content
Null

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, eaglenest said:

are you kidding me?!?! we have those type guys on our campus, the only difference is we had a clown running our offense and Bama have or had a competent guy calling their offense that put those players in position to make plays. As for Venables, today the look or make up of there defense looks entirely different than say 3-4 years ago?

Not a rational post...at all.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites




  • Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not to happy about this one.....He must have been forced in because he's white!

Great pick up.  I love the off-field staff CBH has out together

Rivals AU mod just said he does not think we are targeting Bobo. Hahaha!!! This is fun!!! And to think we could just be sitting here stuck with Gus knowing that next year was going to be ter

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, keesler said:

Count me in as running game play caller for them.  Najee Harris is a stud that chose (wisely) to come back for his senior year and the guy can catch passes, block like a motha and run like a horse behind that NFL oline.

Seriously, they have the best talent in the country and they don't have to take a team full of 3*'s spend quality time building & coaching them up to 5* players.  It's like they get to start on second base while other teams are still working in the batting cages. 

Yep

Link to post
Share on other sites

My first thought about Bobo was hell no!!! But reading other comments on here has opened my mind to the possibility. He gives us instant access to Georgia recruits and that fact cannot be understated. Hopefully he and Harsin can make their ideas about offense work together

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gravejd said:

My first thought about Bobo was hell no!!! But reading other comments on here has opened my mind to the possibility. He gives us instant access to Georgia recruits and that fact cannot be understated. Hopefully he and Harsin can make their ideas about offense work together

I am in this boat with you.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now it’s more about some recruiting wins and he’s bringing in some guys that can do that. When we start getting high quality recruits the coaching and development gets easier. This leads to winning, which means even better recruits and better coaches if we need to change in a year or two.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

JGT claiming Will Friend is also talking to Auburn to come over with Bobo for OL Coach

If CWF is the guy responsible for recruiting all the talent UT has stockpiled on that OL the last few years, then heck yeah!  Sign him up!!!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Yes they did. They loved when Mike Bobo was gone. Also at the end of his tenure there GA’s offense looked archaic. I’m not for this hire at all personally. 

You don't think he has evolved any in 13 years after UGA?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

Bobo bringing Will Friend with him?  Don’t know how to post link, but saw it on Football Scoop. TIFWIW

Tate posted that this morning.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chizhead said:

I would much rather have friend and let Bobo stay where he is. Not a fan of Bobo

UT's OL was awful, but that whole program is a mess.  Where was Friend before? UGA maybe? Or bama?

Bobo will bring some heavy handed recruiting.  That's good.  His offenses were always good and he seems to be evolving, but he's not exciting.  Maybe a good blend with Harsin's offensive philosophies?  

It's not an awful hire.  Kind of like Mason, gonna have to wait and see how it turns out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bobo developed some awesome WR's at Colorado State. Rashad Higgins, Michael Gallup and Preston Williams. All had 1k yard season's. All are in the NFL. Gallup starts for the cowboys and Williams the dolphin's.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

UT's OL was awful, but that whole program is a mess.  Where was Friend before? UGA maybe? Or bama?

Bobo will bring some heavy handed recruiting.  That's good.  His offenses were always good and he seems to be evolving, but he's not exciting.  Maybe a good blend with Harsin's offensive philosophies?  

It's not an awful hire.  Kind of like Mason, gonna have to wait and see how it turns out. 

Friend brought in two 5 star tackles in his 3 season's at Tennessee. He was OC at colorado state before that and OL coach at Georgia with bobo before that. He is the kind of good recruiter we need on the OL.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chizhead said:

I would much rather have friend and let Bobo stay where he is. Not a fan of Bobo

Maybe he and Harsin well mesh well together. That could be formidable!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m more excited about Friend then Bobo... but I’m pretty sure 95% of the people on this board wanted coordinators and assistant coaches with extensive background in the SEC and good recruiting ties. 
 

Well boys and girls. We got them

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, toddc said:

Right now it’s more about some recruiting wins and he’s bringing in some guys that can do that. When we start getting high quality recruits the coaching and development gets easier. This leads to winning, which means even better recruits and better coaches if we need to change in a year or two.

Yup, just don't give them lengthy ridiculous contracts so if their coaching isn't up to par we can move on. But right now Bobo and Mason need to start recruiting their a$$ off. Got some ground to make up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bobo will be running Harsins O...So you can’t compare what he did at SC or even UGA to what he’s going to do for us.

Harsin will turn him loose on the trail and have a big influence over the offense.. I think it will work 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not worried about the offensive play calling with Harsin as head coach. Bobo is a excellent recruiter and QB developer. That's why this is a good hire. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...