OC: Mike Bobo

W.E.D

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Why are there so many pessimistic auburn fans on this board? After watching us lose to South Carolina this year and get hammered by our rivals again, you would think we would be happy for a change. Why don’t we see what happens before bashing the new coaching hires. 

It is only a minority of them, but unfortunately lately they have been posting the most and are the loudest.  I like the mixture of hires. You get a good mix of names/experience/recruiters and guys outside of the Auburn circle.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

What? Tenn didn’t have a bad OL this season unless I missed something 

I mean it’s not the worst ever, but it certainly wasn’t good. Bottom 20 in sack rate % and pass downs sack rate %. 84th in rushing offense. With the caliber of RBs, they had, that’s not particularly good 

Side note: and that’s not accounting for what was, one of the more star studded OLs you’ll see in college football 

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Why are there so many pessimistic auburn fans on this board? After watching us lose to South Carolina this year and get hammered by our rivals again, you would think we would be happy for a change. Why don’t we see what happens before bashing the new coaching hires. 

Hey.... don't poke them too much.   It makes them happy and it is either that or kick the dog.  Peta would be all over them so it is safer for the dogs for them to post.:poke:

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I mean it’s not the worst ever, but it certainly wasn’t good. Bottom 20 in sack rate % and pass downs sack rate %. 84th in rushing offense. With the caliber of RBs, they had, that’s not particularly good 

Side note: and that’s not accounting for what was, one of the more star studded OLs you’ll see in college football 

UT is an absolute disaster of a program.  Hopefully that's more on the program than on Friend.  He can recruit.

11 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Oh....um. Tenn might’ve had one of the worst OL performances relative to talent...ever 

He brings in the talent at the OL position and that has been our biggest weakness in our program the last few years. He signed 2 five star tackles in his 3 years at UT. He was OC at colorado state before this and OL coach at Georgia with bobo before that. He's coached some real good OL's.

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

UT is an absolute disaster of a program.  Hopefully that's more on the program than on Friend.  He can recruit.

I don’t think he’ll be a better developer than Bicknell, but hopefully it’s only by a negligible amnt and his recruiting  ability makes the difference 

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Interesting. I didn’t watch a lot of UT games but the ones I did watch the OL didn’t seem like the problem. I know he’s regarded as one of the Oline coaches for a reason. Maybe @bigbird can shed some light 

3 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Really excited about Mason, not as thrilled about Bobo and Friend. Wasn't he going to get fired by UT if he hadn't hopped over to SC? 

He left to work with bobo again. 

2 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Interesting. I didn’t watch a lot of UT games but the ones I did watch the OL didn’t seem like the problem. I know he’s regarded as one of the Oline coaches for a reason. Maybe @bigbird can shed some light 

Who knows, I’m certainly not an expert. But it would’ve been in poor taste if I ignored all the criticisms UTk fans had for the performance of that unit over the past season. I’m sure every good positional coach has had some bad stretches, and this guy can’t put a product that’s much worse than some of our recent ones...

17 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Really excited about Mason, not as thrilled about Bobo and Friend. Wasn't he going to get fired by UT if he hadn't hopped over to SC? 

That was the word on the digital street.

56 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You don't think he has evolved any in 13 years after UGA?

I definitely hope he has. I just remember what they looked like before he left. I don’t love the hire but I’d happily eat my crow if he turns this offense around. 

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I can't imagine a fan base being disgruntled with their coaches after a bad season, or even a bad game.  Wow those uga fans must be a real piece of work!  😂

My assessment is not because of what UGA fans said. That’s from what I watched myself. Like I said in another post though, I’ll eat my crow happily if he turns this around. 

I'm glad that we got Mason. Maybe he can balance out some of the issues that are known as part of Bobo's past. Admittedly there's more smoke to it than fire but from his time at CSU and what happened there, I'm surprised he's still in coaching at this capacity. 

That said, he runs an okay, not great offense but is supposedly a great recruiter. We have done worst. Not a big time hire though. 

Just now, VAtiger12 said:

I'm glad that we got Mason. Maybe he can balance out some of the issues that are known as part of Bobo's past. Admittedly there's more smoke to it than fire but from his time at CSU and what happened there, I'm surprised he's still in coaching at this capacity. 

That said, he runs an okay, not great offense but is supposedly a great recruiter. We have done worst. Not a big time hire though. 

You wonder how much he was handcuffed by Muschamp at USC

Honestly, as long as Harsin is truly the one deciding who his coordinators are (and I've seen nothing to suggest he isn't), I'm good with it. Love Mason, personally, and I'm cautiously optimistic about Bobo due to what a couple have said about him meshing well with CBH, plus the fact that Harsin has a track record of running an exciting, diversified offense already.

There maybe some on here that are not impressed with the hire, but let’s look at it this way.     Bobo was hired as an HC at a group of 5 school.    You don’t get those positions if you don’t know what you are doing.  

My rationalization for Bobo. Great recruiter. Known QB developer (which we are in DIRE need of). Definitely not jumping for joy over him, but maybe Harsin can meld his offense with Bobo. 

28 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He left to work with bobo again. 

Pretty sure he was CJP's best man at his wedding, so I thought his exit was less about joining Bobo and more about CJP not firing one of his best friends. 

48 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Not a Bobo fan, but I suppose it could be worse. Why don’t we just bring back Borges and hire elite recruiters as assistants. Seems we are going back to the Tubs style of football anyways.

If you can watch this and think we are going back to a tubs style of offense says you havent paid attention.

Archived