DC: Derek Mason

AUGunsmith

9 minutes ago, WVR said:

Me too @Eagle-1. I’m 56 and still get around pretty d@!# good. Not much I can’t do now than I did back then. I do like to be in bed by 10 though. 😁

Ha me too. Of course, pumping some test helps just a tad ya might say. 😎

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna ask a question or two here that I am trying to figure out. What makes TWill a good coach? What has he done that makes you say, We need him!? I would like him to come just because he is an Auburn man and was a Great player. Whats on his resume' though?

• RunInRed changed the title to DC: Derek Mason
1 hour ago, bigbird said:

No, you are just wrong

I'm going with glitch

34 minutes ago, AUnCullman said:

Gonna ask a question or two here that I am trying to figure out. What makes TWill a good coach? What has he done that makes you say, We need him!? I would like him to come just because he is an Auburn man and was a Great player. Whats on his resume' though?

For me he signed some good recruits while coaching here and our LBs have been night and day better since he came on board. I loved Twill as a player and his LBs seem to play with the same chip on their shoulders that he did. 

Question...If this has already been addressed I apologize I didn't feel like reading through. What type of Defense does Mason run? What is his base? It seems like he does more mixing it up than Steele did.

1 hour ago, AUnCullman said:

Well it may not matter. He may not be staying. Right now Rivals is saying that they are not sure if ANY coaches are staying anymore. We may be replacing everyone. Fire Sale. 

13 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Question...If this has already been addressed I apologize I didn't feel like reading through. What type of Defense does Mason run? What is his base? It seems like he does more mixing it up than Steele did.

1st page of this thread BigBird posted a good article 

13 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

1st page of this thread BigBird posted a good article 

Anyone with amazing summarizing skills want to summarize that article into 3 or 4 short bullet points?

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

Anyone with amazing summarizing skills want to summarize that article into 3 or 4 short bullet points?

He came into the SEC wanting to run the 3-4, he learned a 4-3 was sometimes necessary, due to spread systems a lot of times that turns into a 4-2-5. It's pretty "multiple" from what I can tell. I think we will see some more sets with 3 actual linebackers at once (praise the lord).

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

DL: See ball, tackle ball

LB: See ball, hit ball

DB: See ball, tackle, deflect, intercept ball

1 minute ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Still have not seen the official announcement on Mason like we did on Bobo 

Social media team isn't going to step on one announcement with another. They might even officially announce Friend before Mason to save the best for last. It's been confirmed everywhere though.

Just now, bigbird said:

DL: See ball, tackle ball

LB: See ball, hit ball

DB: See ball, tackle, deflect, intercept ball

Oooooohhhhh can we do that last one more often?

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

He came into the SEC wanting to run the 3-4, he learned a 4-3 was sometimes necessary, due to spread systems a lot of times that turns into a 4-2-5. It's pretty "multiple" from what I can tell. I think we will see some more sets with 3 actual linebackers at once (praise the lord).

Or move OP to the hybrid position...

Just now, Zeek said:

Oooooohhhhh can we do that last one more often?

If we're not in press man 90% of the time

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If we're not in press man 90% of the time

But... but... are you daring to suggest variety?

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

If you do, I'd duck quickly

Let's call it Mad Dog

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Man, I haven’t thought about using that excuse, very good.  Can I steal it?

Got your quoted guy ignored so no idea if true or not. But, Threads get deleted at times. I know because I'll have a notification of someone reacting to a post and when I click, you get an error page. And I can go to my page and see my content, and there is no post there. Not sure why they don't just lock it unless it too top secret to allow the public a look.

Archived