Jump to content
Null

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, WVR said:

Me too @Eagle-1. I’m 56 and still get around pretty d@!# good. Not much I can’t do now than I did back then. I do like to be in bed by 10 though. 😁

Ha me too. Of course, pumping some test helps just a tad ya might say. 😎

Edited by NoALtiger
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites




  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Posted earlier without much traction, if anyone is interested now  

First black man to be DC at Auburn. Congrats! I love the hire. Awesome coach and even better of a man!

Gonna ask a question or two here that I am trying to figure out. What makes TWill a good coach? What has he done that makes you say, We need him!? I would like him to come just because he is an Auburn man and was a Great player. Whats on his resume' though?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RunInRed changed the title to DC: Derek Mason
34 minutes ago, AUnCullman said:

Gonna ask a question or two here that I am trying to figure out. What makes TWill a good coach? What has he done that makes you say, We need him!? I would like him to come just because he is an Auburn man and was a Great player. Whats on his resume' though?

For me he signed some good recruits while coaching here and our LBs have been night and day better since he came on board. I loved Twill as a player and his LBs seem to play with the same chip on their shoulders that he did. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Question...If this has already been addressed I apologize I didn't feel like reading through. What type of Defense does Mason run? What is his base? It seems like he does more mixing it up than Steele did.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AUnCullman said:

Gonna ask a question or two here that I am trying to figure out. What makes TWill a good coach? What has he done that makes you say, We need him!? I would like him to come just because he is an Auburn man and was a Great player. Whats on his resume' though?

Well it may not matter. He may not be staying. Right now Rivals is saying that they are not sure if ANY coaches are staying anymore. We may be replacing everyone. Fire Sale. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Question...If this has already been addressed I apologize I didn't feel like reading through. What type of Defense does Mason run? What is his base? It seems like he does more mixing it up than Steele did.

1st page of this thread BigBird posted a good article 

  • Dislike 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

1st page of this thread BigBird posted a good article 

Anyone with amazing summarizing skills want to summarize that article into 3 or 4 short bullet points?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

Anyone with amazing summarizing skills want to summarize that article into 3 or 4 short bullet points?

He came into the SEC wanting to run the 3-4, he learned a 4-3 was sometimes necessary, due to spread systems a lot of times that turns into a 4-2-5. It's pretty "multiple" from what I can tell. I think we will see some more sets with 3 actual linebackers at once (praise the lord).

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

Anyone with amazing summarizing skills want to summarize that article into 3 or 4 short bullet points?

DL: See ball, tackle ball

LB: See ball, hit ball

DB: See ball, tackle, deflect, intercept ball

  • Like 4
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Still have not seen the official announcement on Mason like we did on Bobo 

Social media team isn't going to step on one announcement with another. They might even officially announce Friend before Mason to save the best for last. It's been confirmed everywhere though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigbird said:

DL: See ball, tackle ball

LB: See ball, hit ball

DB: See ball, tackle, deflect, intercept ball

Oooooohhhhh can we do that last one more often?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zeek said:

He came into the SEC wanting to run the 3-4, he learned a 4-3 was sometimes necessary, due to spread systems a lot of times that turns into a 4-2-5. It's pretty "multiple" from what I can tell. I think we will see some more sets with 3 actual linebackers at once (praise the lord).

Or move OP to the hybrid position...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If we're not in press man 90% of the time

But... but... are you daring to suggest variety?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Man, I haven’t thought about using that excuse, very good.  Can I steal it?

Got your quoted guy ignored so no idea if true or not. But, Threads get deleted at times. I know because I'll have a notification of someone reacting to a post and when I click, you get an error page. And I can go to my page and see my content, and there is no post there. Not sure why they don't just lock it unless it too top secret to allow the public a look.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...