Bryan Mclendon

AuburnTiger4Life

6 hours ago, Zeek said:

He's actually more of a RB recruiter a bunch of current NFL RBs on that recruiting list

And we are in desperate need of some more top tier backs. Few teams in the sec use a single back anymore. Tank needs help and currently we just don’t have it. Hope this hire works out and happens. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, W.E.D said:

At what point are we just hiring all of Mark Richt's old staff?

Maybe it was Richt and not his staff. Still wish we could’ve gotten T Rocker back for d line at the least. 

13 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Maybe it was Richt and not his staff. Still wish we could’ve gotten T Rocker back for d line at the least. 

A big no on Rocker. AU fan need to quit it with if they went to AU we have to hire them. Rocker doesn't like to do one of the most important things of his job.....recruiting.

Dude doesn't love doing it. We need an elite recruiter.

7 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

A big no on Rocker. AU fan need to quit it with if they went to AU we have to hire them. Rocker doesn't like to do one of the most important things of his job.....recruiting.

If South Alabama doesn’t want you that should be your sign... 

7 hours ago, W.E.D said:

At what point are we just hiring all of Mark Richt's old staff?

If Richt was cut throat, Auburn would’ve been locked out of GA for going on 2 decades. He had winning recruiters, a winning roster construction, but he himself was not a winner 

2 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Then that’s a problem. I haven’t kept up w him in years. You are ob more in touch w some aspects than I am. I’ll take your word for it. We do need some quick recruiting to grab a few players. 

10 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Then that’s a problem. I haven’t kept up w him in years. You are ob more in touch w some aspects than I am. I’ll take your word for it. We do need some quick recruiting to grab a few players. 

Unfortunately, our recruiting class this year will not be what we need it to be. We can help the class in the late signings but the ship has basically left the dock from the early class signings and ours was pitiful by AU standards. Hopefully we will be able to pick up a couple of elite transfers. The hope is the new staff will be able to come in and build great relationships with HS coaches and the elite athletes.

We need to get to the point that Bama, UGA, Clemson, OSU are in now that the school recruits itself. All Saban has to say is if you come to Bama you will be in the biggest games of the year and you will be drafted into the NFL. There really is no surprise that Bama, Clemson and OSU are in the championship mix every year.  

To get there we will have to be relentless. 

23 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Word is Harsin wants him as WR coach. Would be another homerun hire! 

Bobo wants him.  He was at USCe with Bobo and Muschamp.  I remember Champ singing his praises a few times.

It's going to be hard, I imagine, to uproot him from Oregon and make him move back across the country though.

1 hour ago, KnowItAll said:

Bobo wants him.  He was at USCe with Bobo and Muschamp.  I remember Champ singing his praises a few times.

It's going to be hard, I imagine, to uproot him from Oregon and make him move back across the country though.

McClendon was at UGA with Bobo.  Bobo/BM were never at USC together.  Bobo arrived in 2020 and BM left after the 2019 season and was with Oregon in 2020

3 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Unfortunately, our recruiting class this year will not be what we need it to be. We can help the class in the late signings but the ship has basically left the dock from the early class signings and ours was pitiful by AU standards. Hopefully we will be able to pick up a couple of elite transfers. The hope is the new staff will be able to come in and build great relationships with HS coaches and the elite athletes.

We need to get to the point that Bama, UGA, Clemson, OSU are in now that the school recruits itself. All Saban has to say is if you come to Bama you will be in the biggest games of the year and you will be drafted into the NFL. There really is no surprise that Bama, Clemson and OSU are in the championship mix every year.  

To get there we will have to be relentless. 

Relentless will not be sufficient.  The playoff has funneled real, game altering talent into 3-5 schools.  As long as it is a 4 team playoff 80% of that truly elite talent will be going to bama, clemson, and the OSU.  The rest will split between Ok, Ga, LSU, and a school here or there.  Those top 3 dont even have to recruit because they can point to the fact that Auburn and schools like Auburn have never been in the playoff.  This will eventually hurt ratings and the pocketbooks and that will force a change to 8 teams.  It will take 2-3 years for the talent to disperse a little more and then you will start seeing a little more talent equity.  The more inclusive NCAA basketball tournament has allowed teams like Gonzaga to become national powers.  Without the tournament no one would know who they are.  Same thing must happen in football or we are just going to be in this cycle.  

21 minutes ago, casatiger said:

Relentless will not be sufficient.  The playoff has funneled real, game altering talent into 3-5 schools.  As long as it is a 4 team playoff 80% of that truly elite talent will be going to bama, clemson, and the OSU.  The rest will split between Ok, Ga, LSU, and a school here or there.  Those top 3 dont even have to recruit because they can point to the fact that Auburn and schools like Auburn have never been in the playoff.  This will eventually hurt ratings and the pocketbooks and that will force a change to 8 teams.  It will take 2-3 years for the talent to disperse a little more and then you will start seeing a little more talent equity.  The more inclusive NCAA basketball tournament has allowed teams like Gonzaga to become national powers.  Without the tournament no one would know who they are.  Same thing must happen in football or we are just going to be in this cycle.  

I totally agree with you. The move to 8 teams should help but may not really open things up that much if they force a automatic bid to all 5 P5 conference's then allow 1 guaranteed bid to 1 outside the P5 schools. It will help though.

22 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

s***

That is one helluva list...good lort 

1 minute ago, AUnCullman said:

Im not seeing anything from the mods on this. Not sure it is even reality. 

And if it is what is the realistic timeframe to know what his plans will be? 

Archived