2022 5* QB Gunner Stockton (1/28 UGA)

ellitor

2 hours ago, keesler said:

I think this crew has to prove themselves, build relationships in the region, and get the program going in a positive direction before 5*'s will be willing to come here.  IMO, we won't see instant gratification like Kirby/uga or Saban/uat had the luxury of getting right off the bat

You're right. But, I would much rather this staff start out mediocre and ascend to excellence rather than start off excellent and descend into mediocrity.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, woodford said:

I get that logic, but Georgia under Kirby actually win big games and does well against rivals

Not enough to make their fans happy. Kirby needs to win a natty soon.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not enough to make their fans happy. Kirby needs to win a natty soon.

Born and raised in Georgia and I have these conversations all the time with their fans. I always ask them “who do you replace him with?” And none of them have an answer. Kirby would have fall off completely or go 10 years without winning big for them to move on. 

They’ve gone 40 years. They can survive a few more imo 

21 minutes ago, woodford said:

Born and raised in Georgia and I have these conversations all the time with their fans. I always ask them “who do you replace him with?” And none of them have an answer. Kirby would have fall off completely or go 10 years without winning big for them to move on. 

They’ve gone 40 years. They can survive a few more imo 

They don’t have to know who’s next to be fed up enough to make a move. Yes it would obviously be the wrong thing to do without knowing someone in place but if they get pissed enough and loud enough a move can be made.

Archived