2022 5* QB Gunner Stockton (1/28 UGA)

ellitor

I thought we were going to land Justin Fields and later Brock Vandagriff. Maybe third time will be the charm.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Gunner Stockton will end up at Auburn.  

omediceamgbbxkvfkhqf

6'1" | 195 lbs | PRO QB | 2022

Gunner Stockton (Rivals.com)

Farrell’s take: FACT. When offensive coordinator Mike Bobo left South Carolina for Auburn, the writing was on the wall for four-star ’s decommitment from the Gamecocks. And now that it’s happened, Stockton will clearly end up playing for an attractive offense under new Auburn coach Bryan Harsin and for Bobo. And he’ll bring some key skill position players with him down the line as well. This is a big blow for the Gamecocks and great for Auburn.

Gorney’s take: FACT. As Southeast analyst Chad Simmons documented, Stockton has a few connections to Bobo and his family, so that’s going to play a major role in his thinking moving forward. Plus, Harsin has done well with quarterbacks during his coaching career and there will be a big opportunity with the Tigers, so this makes sense. Stockton will almost definitely stay in the Southeast. Georgia might have a slight chance, but this looks like it's all Auburn right now.

10 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

1. Gunner Stockton will end up at Auburn.  

omediceamgbbxkvfkhqf

6'1" | 195 lbs | PRO QB | 2022

Gunner Stockton (Rivals.com)

Farrell’s take: FACT. When offensive coordinator Mike Bobo left South Carolina for Auburn, the writing was on the wall for four-star ’s decommitment from the Gamecocks. And now that it’s happened, Stockton will clearly end up playing for an attractive offense under new Auburn coach Bryan Harsin and for Bobo. And he’ll bring some key skill position players with him down the line as well. This is a big blow for the Gamecocks and great for Auburn.

Gorney’s take: FACT. As Southeast analyst Chad Simmons documented, Stockton has a few connections to Bobo and his family, so that’s going to play a major role in his thinking moving forward. Plus, Harsin has done well with quarterbacks during his coaching career and there will be a big opportunity with the Tigers, so this makes sense. Stockton will almost definitely stay in the Southeast. Georgia might have a slight chance, but this looks like it's all Auburn right now.

So now he is a 4*? 2 days ago he was a 5*. LOL

5 hours ago, AUnCullman said:

So now he is a 4*? 2 days ago he was a 5*. LOL

@AUnCullman it was a rivals article  He has not been a five star on rivals yet. If he keeps his current overall ranking number order at 30 or better though he will get a five star down the line as rivals adds more five stars as the cycle progresses. He is a five star on the composite though which is what we use on the site.

Just now, ellitor said:

@AUnCullman it was a rivals article  He has not been a five star on rivals yet. If he keeps his current overall ranking number order at 30 or better though he will get a five star down the line as rivals adds more five stars as the cycle progresses. He is a five star on the composite though which is what we use on the side.

Ahhhh ok gotcha. I don't give my money to those guys like I used too or read their stuff unless someone posts it here(for my sanity). So that makes perfect sense. Thanks for the clarification. We are getting posts from various recruiting sites which rate players differently. 

Thought the rivals/Auburn struggle was kicking in again.

My only concern here as someone who lives in north GA (more of a caveat, really) is that due to the quality opponents Rabun County faces it would be wise of all of us to expect a steeper learning curve adjusting to the college game than usual for highly touted 5 star QBs. He is not playing many elite football programs in this region. 

Honestly - he may be a bust at Auburn.   I did not see him make one bubble screen to the far receiver.

Oh geez - I forgot:  we have a new coach and offensive philosophy.  Yeah - that kid is a 'take'.

I am getting old and forgetful.  Forgive me.   Dang!  Today is a great day now that I think about it!!!

20 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Honestly - he may be a bust at Auburn.   I did not see him make one bubble screen to the far receiver.

Oh geez - I forgot:  we have a new coach and offensive philosophy.  Yeah - that kid is a 'take'.

I am getting old and forgetful.  Forgive me.   Dang!  Today is a great day now that I think about it!!!

Slow start with an upward trajectory for you today, and that’s how all of mine are these days. 😝 

4 hours ago, Weagle1787 said:

My only concern here as someone who lives in north GA (more of a caveat, really) is that due to the quality opponents Rabun County faces it would be wise of all of us to expect a steeper learning curve adjusting to the college game than usual for highly touted 5 star QBs. He is not playing many elite football programs in this region. 

@Weagle1787 True but he will have opportunities to prove himself against better competition in camps and All-Star games. Plus Georgia high school football playoffs are no joke at almost every level.

2 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Well maybe since UGA got 5* BV this year and the fact JTD is not entering the draft, he will just give them a cursory look.

For what it’s worth at least one reporter with Georgie ties feels the dogs are a long shot to beat us for Gunner.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Georgie tires

I sold tires for 30 years but have never seen this brand before . Love spellcheck, don’t you?

41 minutes ago, toddc said:

I sold tires for 30 years but have never seen this brand before . Love spellcheck, don’t you?

@toddc Oh yes. It loves a good Southern drawl.

43 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@toddc Oh yes. It loves a good Southern drawl.

They need a SIRI southern bell.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

For what it’s worth at least one reporter with Georgie ties feels the dogs are a long shot to beat us for Gunner.

2 hours ago, toddc said:

Only for you two.

• 2 weeks later...

If this doesn't sound like a great AU QB fit I don't know what does...

He loves to throw footballs, hunt, fish, compete and drive an old ford pick-up truck around the north Georgia mountains. Not sure what order those would be in if you asked Stockton, but he is an outdoorsman that doesn’t care about the notoriety and spotlight that comes with being a national recruit in the 2022 class.

38 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If this doesn't sound like a great AU QB fit I don't know what does...

Jeff Burger version II.

So we have offered 2 four-star quarterbacks the last couple days which kind of got me wondering has Georgia taken the momentum. Jeffrey Lee was thinking the same thing and now says he is hearing quite a bit of buzz for Stockton to Georgia. He just put in a future cast pick for Georgia.

Archived