the plot thickens............holy cow

aubiefifty

15 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

We keep on trying to improve as a country and that makes our country great.  I could be wrong, but there was post from HarinVOL that you liked wanting the Trump supports to be identified.  Was that just being caught up in the moment or do you really want to know?

I was one.

Props for admitting it. It's tantamount to accepting responsibility, which is a healthy and admirable quality.

Most MAGAs identify themselves with flags, red hats, stickers and such.  And most of them are continuing to cling to their victim status.  They have no regrets.

I also think our country is great.  But we are not so exceptionally great that we could never simply give our democracy and freedom away.  This is evidenced by the 70+ millions of people who voted for Trump.  If we were truly exceptional, it wouldn't have been nearly as close as it was.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, HarsinVOL said:

Zero Trump supporters have answered this call. Cowards cloak together and run/flee at the same pace.

Fukken fast. Good riddance to you. 

Quoted yourself to call people cowards while hiding behind the comfort of your keyboard.......ever consider some self examination?

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Quoted yourself to call people cowards while hiding behind the comfort of your keyboard.......ever consider some self examination?

Well, how about "shameless"?  Does shameless work for you? 

12 minutes ago, homersapien said:

But we are not so exceptionally great that we could never simply give our democracy and freedom away.  This is evidenced by the 70+ millions of people who voted for Trump.  If we were truly exceptional, it wouldn't have been nearly as close as it was.

I liked most of what you said and agree that we can not look the other way when it comes to our democracy and freedoms.  That being said, out right to free speech is under attack when conservative voices are being squashed by leftist and the 2nd amendment is threatened by our own democracy.  The 70+ people that voted for Trump disagreed with the Democrat platform, it is not indicative of giving our democracy away, in fact, those people felt it is their democratic duty to vote the way they did.  

We are not always going to agree.

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I liked most of what you said and agree that we can not look the other way when it comes to our democracy and freedoms.  That being said, out right to free speech is under attack when conservative voices are being squashed by leftist and the 2nd amendment is threatened by our own democracy.  The 70+ people that voted for Trump disagreed with the Democrat platform, it is not indicative of giving our democracy away, in fact, those people felt it is their democratic duty to vote the way they did.  

We are not always going to agree.

As someone who's mother and two sisters have been thoroughly brainwashed by Fox's Hannity, Carlson and Ingraham, I am not particularly receptive to your claim of "conservative voices being squashed". :-\

Likewise as an owner of several guns - including a pistol and high powered rifle - I am not particularly alarmed by claimed threats to the 2nd amendment.

But then I don't feel threatened or victimized either.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

As someone who's mother and two sisters have been thoroughly brainwashed by Fox's Hannity, Carlson and Ingraham, I am not particularly receptive to your claim of "conservative voices being squashed". :-\

Likewise as an owner of several guns - including a pistol and high powered rifle - I am not particularly alarmed by claimed threats to the 2nd amendment.

I have never felt victimized and want to keep it that way.  There have been several incidences of right wing conservative voices being squashed when trying to speak at Universities around the county and that is what I was referring to.

Kamala, when she takes office within the next year or so, would like to ban all *assault weapons*.  Can’t wait.  But that could be just pandering to her constituents when she was running for office. She also said she would do it by Executive Order. 

6 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I have never felt victimized and want to keep it that way.  There have been several incidences of right wing conservative voices being squashed when trying to speak at Universities around the county and that is what I was referring to.

Kamala, when she takes office within the next year or so, would like to ban all *assault weapons*.  Can’t wait.  But that could be just pandering to her constituents when she was running for office. She also said she would do it by Executive Order. 

Yeah, well recently "right wing conservatives" attempted a coup on our government and 5 people died.  So maybe those universities are on to something in being selective to who is allowed to speak on their campus.

And my understanding is that a majority of Americans support Kamala's position on assault weapons.  Maybe she's on to something too.

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Excellent. We got 3/4 of Homers family. You are the one being duped if you aren't worried about the 2nd amendment.

30 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Yeah, well there's been one instance of "right wing conservatives" attempting a coup on our government recently, so maybe those universities are on to something in being selective to who is allowed to speak on their campus.

My understanding is that a majority of Americans support Kamala's position on assault weapons.  Maybe she's on to something too.

Forgot about the left wing coup on Trump I guess?  You misunderstand if you think the majority of Americans are in favor of restricting gun rights further. Assault weapons has no definition, therefore, your alleged statement is useless. 

1 hour ago, HarsinVOL said:

O, OK, wanna fight, huh, wanna fight. Meet you at the OK Corral, OK? 

Go fight yourself. Idiot.

salty does not want to fight anyone for the record. not sure how you assumed this..........

23 hours ago, Strychnine said:

The pattern that has been shown is based on presidents that act, for lack of a better word, presidential.  Most losing candidates, and former presidents, are content to ride off into the sunset or to whatever their next endeavor is.  However, Trump is the kind of fellow you do not apply normal presidential patterns to, as nothing about him fits presidential patterns.  One of the few things Trump has been consistent about, is regularly demonstrating that presidential patterns do not apply to him.  Former presidents did not spend their terms in office rage-tweeting on a daily basis.  The ones that did not have access to Twitter, because it had not been developed yet, most likely would not have either.

I will put it in the context of coaches, since you are one, and they are important to us Auburn folks these days.  Even after you shut them out and hang 56 on them, most coaches can still summon the decency and professionalism to meet you at midfield and make at least a semi-gracious concession.  Trump is the kind of coach that would just walk off the field in disgust, then spend the next three weeks telling everyone that you cheated, and the refs were in on it because they never threw a flag (even though your team actually had several penalties and lost two starters to targeting, which you might want to work on).  The reason Trump will not just go away, is that he cannot exist in a reality where he lost, and he will continue to be low-hanging fruit that news outlets can count on.

His supporters will continue to feed him, because he will continue feeding them, and Fox News will probably feed him too.  Assuming the Republican Party starts distancing itself from Trump, their targets will become Republicans and Democrats.

To be honest I am really conflicted about immediately sanctioning Trump to the extent possible - which is obviously in the countries interest - or allowing him to retain politically eligibility.

Either way we win, but I'd really like to see the GOP destroyed. They are the ones who enabled him. They need to be held fully accountable.

On 1/8/2021 at 9:00 PM, HarsinVOL said:

Trump is dead in here, gGood riddance is right. All the money in the world won’t be able to buy enough perfume to get the Trump stink off of you.

So...all you Trump supporters here's your chance to stand up and be identified! Go...

i cannot stand trump which anyone that graces these boards know. there are some trump folks on here i could care less about but here is the thing......there are some pretty decent people that made a bad choice on the boards when it came to trump. they did not care for trump himself so much as differing opinions on abortions and that sort of thing. they hoped trump would come around or his folks would get him straight and it just did not happen. they know it was a mistake but they are not going to come in here and kiss someones butt they do not even know. so you what, want the trumpers to stand up and be identified so you can ridicule them? you already came up with some crazy crap about salty and wanting to fight. why? let it go.............

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Go back and read Salty's post.

i do not have to. salty might say something but he is not going to go hurt someone...............

13 hours ago, homersapien said:

Go back and read Salty's post.

I admit it was a bit snarky and inappropriate

11 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

you already came up with some crazy crap about salty and wanting to fight. why? let it go.............

Thanks fiddy. You are good people

32 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I admit it was a bit snarky and inappropriate

Thanks fiddy. You are good people

i took it as playing salty. i would break bread with you one day..........

On 1/8/2021 at 3:33 PM, jj3jordan said:

Well fidy there was a coup thrown at the president with help from law enforcement. It was orchestrated by Obama and Biden using the FBI CIA NSA and democrats as a whole using fake intelligence and fraud of a FISA court.  When you acknowledge this, maybe someone can have a conversation with you.

i have put in a work order to see if we can add a jerking off emoji because that is all you do on here.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i have put in a work order to see if we can add a jerking off emoji because that is all you do on here.

👊🏻💦

Is this close enough? 😂😂

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

A good sign you are spending a little too much time alone.

Random comment I pulled from the comments section of a WAPO piece:

"We are a county in severe decline. When 70+ million Americans don't know what reality actually is, we're going to get our butts handed to us by other countries in ascendancy."

16 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"We are a county in severe decline. When 70+ million Americans don't know what reality actually is, we're going to get our butts handed to us by other countries in ascendancy."

Was that you or HarsinVOL? 😂

30 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Was that you or HarsinVOL? 😂

"Random comment I pulled from the comments section of a WAPO piece:"

(But I'm glad you got such a kick from it. <_<)

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Do you believe that statement? We hear from the right that leftist are destroying the country and vice versa. What do you honestly believe? Perhaps I am wrong or sheltered but I believe the vast majority of Americans are good people. Good people lead astray could be destructive I suppose.

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Do you believe that statement? We hear from the right that leftist are destroying the country and vice versa. What do you honestly believe?Perhaps I am wrong or sheltered but I believe the vast majority of Americans are good people.

Unfortunately even good people do horrible things in the name of a cause they believe in and give themselves to. This is what is so dangerous about the polarization in politics that has become so severe. It forces people into camps and we naturally gravitate to one side or the other, and once there it's easy to get lost in the echo chamber of your own opinions. The country won't fail due to people not being good. It will fail due to people that don't have the courage to question their beliefs.

I include both sides with this, by-the-way.

Archived