Tutt going on to NFL

LKEEL75

link

Auburn defensive back Christian Tutt to enter NFL Draft

ByNATHAN KING 4 minutes ago

x

Auburn defensive back Christian Tutt is entering the 2021 NFL Draft, a source close to the situation told Auburn Undercover.

The junior has already signed with the same agency as Auburn receiver Seth Williams, who declared for the draft earlier this week.

Tutt, Auburn’s starting nickel back for the past two seasons, did not play in the team’s bowl game against Northwestern. He was injured in Auburn’s loss to Texas A&M.

13COMMENTS

Freshman Ladarius Tennison played well filling in for Tutt and will likely start in the secondary next season.

Football: Auburn vs LSU

Matt Zenitz | mzenitz@al.com

An Auburn defensive back is set to leave for the NFL.

Starting nickel back Christian Tutt is entering the NFL draft, sources told AL.com.

Tutt has already signed with an agent and started training for the pre-draft process.

The former four-star recruit was the Tigers’ starting nickel back the last two years. Tutt was also a second-team All-SEC selection as a punt returner in 2019 and ranked fifth nationally with an average of 13.6 yards per return.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/01/auburn-defensive-back-entering-nfl-draft.html

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Not gonna say what I really think cause that wouldn’t be very Auburn Family... so I’ll just say, good luck 😂

My sentiments exactly. Wish him the best in life, but not a hurtful loss at all. 

4 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

My sentiments exactly. Wish him the best in life, but not a hurtful loss at all. 

The freshman who started in his place is going to be fine. Ledarius Tennison

I wasnt too sure about Tutt after seeing his high school film but he really surprised me his first couple of seasons here. Not sure what happened this past season because I dont think he progressed much from year 2 to 3. Good luck and hope he finds success.

Man, a lot of hate in this thread. Anybody that played at this level for any length of time has busted their b***s and given up a lot to do it. Good luck to Christian Tutt, much success!

He needs better advisors. His best bet would be as a nickel role player on running downs. He can't get mismatched in the slot by speedsters.

Might stay on a roster with great effort on special teams.

Hope he's an NFL Hall of Famer and I look like an idiot. Just seems like he has some bad friends or advisors. 

Archived