Tutt going on to NFL

LKEEL75

17 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

His hi-light video:

He was an exceptional punt returner and solid in run support. Chris Davis was better in pass coverage, but I do believe someone will give him a similar flier for at least ST purposes 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Not gonna say what I really think cause that wouldn’t be very Auburn Family... so I’ll just say, good luck 😂

tumblr_n3hmdlfwDe1sja5oyo1_400.gif

... yep

Hey Tutt. Best of luck going to the next level. Thanks for all you did to try to help Auburn get back on the winning path.

I wonder if he got any NFL Draft grades before making his decision.  It’s unfortunate that many declare early only to go undrafted and then get cut in camp as a free agent.  Then they can either play in arena league or semipro or hang up their cleats with no chance to return to NCAA ball.  It’s a shame really.  Hope he isn’t one of them and finds success in the NFL.

The thing about tutt is he struggles in the intermediate/deep passing game. But is actually really solid in the short passing game/run support. I think with the right coaching he can find a role in the league.

2 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

79BAC74B-3D17-4445-9D48-1B1467817B56.gif.3515398a8a98ec464eec9f6489887449.gif

In my best Dave Chappell voice   “Charlie Murphy”! 

Good luck Christian. 

41 minutes ago, WVR said:

In my best Dave Chappell voice   “Charlie Murphy”! 

Good luck Christian. 

Some of the funniest stuff I’ve ever seen! I didn’t realize that those stories Charlie told were true! 😳

7 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Some of the funniest stuff I’ve ever seen! I didn’t realize that those stories Charlie told were true! 😳

The story where he played basketball with Prince....hilarious! 

14 minutes ago, WVR said:

The story where he played basketball with Prince....hilarious! 

Literally in tears I laughed so hard. And the one where Rick James showed up at Eddie’s house and started grinding his muddy boots into his brand new white couch, I was DEAD!! 🤣🤣

6 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

link

Football: Auburn vs LSU

Matt Zenitz | mzenitz@al.com

An Auburn defensive back is set to leave for the NFL.

Starting nickel back Christian Tutt is entering the NFL draft, sources told AL.com.

Tutt has already signed with an agent and started training for the pre-draft process.

The former four-star recruit was the Tigers’ starting nickel back the last two years. Tutt was also a second-team All-SEC selection as a punt returner in 2019 and ranked fifth nationally with an average of 13.6 yards per return.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/01/auburn-defensive-back-entering-nfl-draft.html

He quit the team before the bowl game, so he just as well move on to whatever is next for him. We have plenty of other guys who want to play for Auburn.

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

He needs better advisors. His best bet would be as a nickel role player on running downs. He can't get mismatched in the slot by speedsters.

Might stay on a roster with great effort on special teams.

Hope he's an NFL Hall of Famer and I look like an idiot. Just seems like he has some bad friends or advisors. 

Even if he ends up being a HOF you won't look like an idiot. Because right now there's nothing to indicate Christian will even make a practice squad.

If he does have a great career, it'll be because he suddenly peaks or transforms, which is something nobody can count on. It's a bad decision IMO. But I hope a light comes on and it doesn't bite him. 

5 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

UDFA city. 

Most likely. But I think this is one where he knows he’s not going to get bigger or faster by staying another year. 

I really do wish he stayed simply because I want to see him get drafted higher next year.  I just want to see him succeed at the highest ceiling he can have.  Unless he has children already then I understand.  Nevertheless, good luck Christian!  I will be rooting for you!

If you are on the fence it's a good time to go. New staff coming in, you don't where you are going to fall in their depth charts. And even though a lot of posters on here hate to hear it - the players loved Gus so it kind of makes sense

5 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Has changed his mind about going pro. Is entering the Transfer Portal.

Who is the coach for Transfer Portal. They are getting a ton of players at the moment.

8 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Has changed his mind about going pro. Is entering the Transfer Portal.

I guess he got his pre-draft evaluation back....NFL does not have a a position called "punt watcher" I guess

Tennison would probably have over taken him this year.  Good luck to Tutt but I’d be surprised if he ended up somewhere better than Auburn.

Archived