Any recruiting news soon?

ArgoEagle

I dunno. It doesn't look like it. We announced them this morning, and nothing yet.  Off to a slow start. 😁

As E keeps reminding me we're in a dead period. By the time the class is over they will have a decent impact. 

The real impact comes in keeping current players, getting big transfers, and we'll see the biggest effect in the 2022 class.

49 minutes ago, autan said:

May not affect 2021 class much unless they recruit the Transfer Portal.

This . I believe they are already recruiting the portal as we speak 

• ellitor changed the title to Any recruiting news soon?
12 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

How about it recruiting gurus?

@ArgoEagle Of course it does & in a way already has. Even just before the hires were made public Tar'varish Dawson had gotten active within the commit group chat again. He had not been heard from in the chat since Gus was fired. Also late NSD is less than a month away & we want to add a few more HS commits to the class so that will inevitably mean some news will come soon on some guys.

As LKeel pointed out, not sure if anything will happen soon but AU will be a major factor for 2022 5* QB Gunner Stockton as long as Hars wants him. Stockton's dad is very tight & has a deep history with Bobo.

11 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

@JDUBB4AUThey are but the biggest group going into the portal won't happen til after Spring training so we may not pick up many more transfers til that point.

13 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Most guys who quit their teams usually do so after they haven't moved up the depth chart during spring practice. This has been true at Auburn and everywhere else over the years, even before the portal. Just how much good we can get out of that group is questionable. I suppose if we have ample slots available it won't hurt to take a flyer on a few of them.

Hopefully 2021 will be a blip....like in Endgame. lol

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

@ArgoEagle Of course it does & in a way already has. Even just before the hires were made public Tar'varish Dawson had gotten active within the commit group chat again. He had not been heard from in the chat since Gus was fired. Also late NSD is less than a month away & we want to add a few more HS commits to the class so that will inevitably mean some news will come soon on some guys.

As LKeel pointed out, not sure if anything will happen soon but AU will be a major factor for 2022 5* QB Gunner Stockton as long as Hars wants him. Stockton's dad is very tight & has a deep history with Bobo.

Thank you sir.

Archived