Football Performance Center

RunInRed

Super nice! This should help recruiting. I like that we now will have two full sized practice fields, and that the new indoor practice field can open up to them. I also like that Auburn is finally getting a new weight room. the old one looked like a high school weight room.

2 minutes ago, AuburnKev said:

Super nice! This should help recruiting. I like that we now will have two full sized practice fields, and that the new indoor practice field can open up to them. I also like that Auburn is finally getting a new weight room. the old one looked like a high school weight room.

Not sure what high school you (or your kids) went to, but I have never been in, around or seen a HS weight room at the level of AU.  Sure it is not the same as our competitors, but no way is it HS level.

10 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

My opinion of facilities is that they are both necessary and disgusting at the same time.

I'm right there with you. We have to keep up, but.......This is further separating the football team from the rest of the university. Add in the extra benefits that they're going to get now with endorsement deals. Students are already well on their way to not caring at many universities. Keeping moving the revenue sport athletes into a more and more privileged, set apart class and the separation will be complete. 

Yeah, sure it's being built with donations. But it's a gift that eats, and our tuition dollars will go for maintenance, keeping the lights on, updates, paying for extra staff, etc. Soon enough, the camel's back will break. Within a generation, CFB will be gone I think. 

What does the rendering look like from Wire Road and Samford Ave.?  

that is a huge opportunity to make a statement.  More Glass and Glitz on a major intersection.   

Even the corner of Samford and Biggio needs to wow.  First impressions are critical.   This needs to wow on the outside as much on the inside.   

Edited by The Plainsman
  • Thanks 1

Wonderful, thanks Red!

Wish about half the building was dedicated to "media relations" offices/facilities - Auburn's 10 ton sports problem standing in the corner

31 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

My opinion of facilities is that they are both necessary and disgusting at the same time.

Which just adds into the nonsense rhetoric that there isn't enough money to pay football players.  Coaches salaries is another.

I've seen we might be paying Bobo 2 million?

What? No lazy river or bouncy castle? Do we want recruits to come here or not?!

In all seriousness, it’s fine. I agree that the exterior is nothing special-it looks like every other building that has been at Auburn for years minus a few updates. The barber shop is awesome. The pool room is kind of neat, but you’d think for that kind of money you could do better than a few pool tables. At least it’s an upgrade. And I’m not a recruit, so who cares what I think

Does anyone know where the HC's office will be? I looked on the schematic, but couldn't find it. Just wondering how nice and big it will be.

And I agree, I wish Auburn would  not think that EVERY building HAS to have the same architectural appearance. I wish the outside had more 'flash' than a HS building look.

Also, I wonder what will be the new Tiger Walk path will be? What streets will it now use? 

55 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

that is a huge opportunity to make a statement.  More Glass and Glitz on a major intersection.   

Even the corner of Samford and Biggio needs to wow.  First impressions are critical.   This needs to wow on the outside as much on the inside.   

If Gus had a say it would be a solid brick wall to keep everything top secret with some cheesy slogans on it

How does this compare to other facilities at Oregon, Alabama etc...?  Seems like this is an arms race and it really matters to recruits.  To me it looks amazing.

I googled most of the SEC's football operations centers, and I looked at what they had. From what I can see ours will be as good as anyone's, and better than most. There are a few like Alabama, Georgia and Florida which are or will be larger. What makes them larger is they include recruiting centers and dining halls. We already have those things, but they are separate from the performance center. As far as the outside of the buildings everyone was complaining about, nobody had one that stood out in that area much. They are all just buildings like on campus.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AuburnKev said:

. As far as the outside of the buildings everyone was complaining about, nobody had one that stood out in that area much. They are all just buildings like on campus.

I like the brick.  Classic,  simple,  and will not  go out of style.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

He once scored 4 tds in a high school game!!! lol

tg3ns1lofav31.jpg?auto=webp&s=d6849a25e0

Do you remember the episode where he was driving to put 1,000,000 miles on his old Dodge by driving it up and down the street all day? One of my favs

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Game room...back in my days at Sewell, all we had was a fooseball table in the hallway and after Bernich got finished playing with it, it had several bent arms....wow how things have changed????

How many indoor practice fields will Auburn now have?

And yes the outside is horrendously ugly, we need more red brick!

hopefully the building will still be new and ahead of the game when finished.

29 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

Game room...back in my days at Sewell, all we had was a fooseball table in the hallway and after Bernich got finished playing with it, it had several bent arms....wow how things have changed????

Remember this

Picture-66-496x360.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Well it doesn’t, very forgettable architecturally. And Auburn has one of the Top Architecture school in the country. Been interesting to have had them involved. For that amount of money I would demand a relook at the exterior. The architect is not known for anything outstanding really. Basically safe off the shelf design.

Edited by TigerOne

People are complaining about our exterior but take a look at bammers not really sure how we could make our exterior with more of a SPLASH. Don't get me wrong it does look sorta boring from the outside but what would you recommend it look like from outside. Honest question

Mal M. Moore Athletic Facility

Very cool!

Regarding the exterior, we need to keep it consistent with the timeless, AUsome architecture of the rest of campus.   Trying to get too cute or trendy will only result in something that will look dated.   

Edited by GoAU
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

<insert unboring exterior> 😉

761EF190-BB6D-4FF6-A093-27A3D781A620.jpeg

9F13C96E-9FCA-4F8D-9C95-48D3418593BF.jpeg

CC89A383-2CCE-4179-92C0-7789DD1CDFC0.jpeg

4CBDDBA7-842D-4ACD-AA21-C78711B2A95F.jpeg

I still don't see a slide...

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, RunInRed said:

<insert unboring exterior> 😉

761EF190-BB6D-4FF6-A093-27A3D781A620.jpeg

9F13C96E-9FCA-4F8D-9C95-48D3418593BF.jpeg

CC89A383-2CCE-4179-92C0-7789DD1CDFC0.jpeg

4CBDDBA7-842D-4ACD-AA21-C78711B2A95F.jpeg

I have to agree with @AUDevilthe exterior does not impress me at all. I get matching the school's aesthetic but I think you could do that while appearing a little more grand. 

I love Oregon's and even Clemson's 

The interior doesn't appear to have a lot of big open spaces but instead is packed with more practical use of each space.

The flight simulator is cool! Barbershop is a must lol. Hydrotherapy is an absolute must. 

Hopefully in practice it looks better. Just happy we're finally getting it done. 

• Like 1