Football Performance Center

RunInRed

2 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

We should have a slide AND a Ferris Wheel.

Can we get a sky tram to carry them to and from campus

• Like 2

I am one of the people who thinks college football is spending to much money doing things like this, but since other teams are doing it you have to do it to compete.  So if you are going to do it do it right. I think they have hit a homerun on this that will help Auburn in recruiting players, keeping players, and just competing with other schools.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

People are complaining about our exterior but take a look at bammers not really sure how we could make our exterior with more of a SPLASH. Don't get me wrong it does look sorta boring from the outside but what would you recommend it look like from outside. Honest question

Mal M. Moore Athletic Facility

bama's football facility looks like crapola from the outside.  to me it looks like every school administration building built in the 70's. this rendering cleans it up mightily

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, woodford said:

Kinda wish it was bigger and for all sports tbh

being for all sports kind of defeats the purpose

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, woodford said:

Kinda wish it was bigger and for all sports tbh

It’s a football facility so...

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Can we get a sky tram to carry them to and from campus

I think a zip line from Halley to J-H to the football complex would be doable and killer for recruiting.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, EastAl_Tiger said:

bama's football facility looks like crapola from the outside.  to me it looks like every school administration building built in the 70's. this rendering cleans it up mightily

Looks like both AU and bama are focusing more of the dollars on the inside of the building while going more frugal on the geometry, exterior skins, curtainwall, and canopies.  They're background buildings.

Edited by AUDevil

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

Looks like both AU and bama are focusing more of the dollars on the inside of the building while going more frugal on the geometry, exterior skins, curtainwall, and canopies.  They're background buildings.

Edited by EastAl_Tiger

2 hours ago, toddc said:

It’s a football facility so...

I understand the premise. If they could expand it slightly to appeal to all sports it could possibly help recruiting across the board. I have no idea. Just thinking out loud. How many schools would have something like this?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

I understand the premise. If they could expand it slightly to appeal to all sports it could possibly help recruiting across the board. I have no idea. Just thinking out loud. How many schools would have something like this?

No

football already does enough for other sports. It’s imperative we focus on the football resources progression 

Edited by DAG

On 1/8/2021 at 10:16 AM, O&B said:

How does this compare to other facilities at Oregon, Alabama etc...?  Seems like this is an arms race and it really matters to recruits.  To me it looks amazing.

It's not even close to Oregon. It's very conservative. 

Outside looks terrible in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, woodford said:

So what’s with all the 1997 Land Crusier/Range Rover hybrids in that one pic? Lmao

Dont you dare say anything bad about a 1997 80's series LandCruiser, haha. (Hint: Username if that doesnt make sense)

5 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

It's not even close to Oregon. It's very conservative. 

Outside looks terrible in my opinion. 

Oregon looks like a bunch of welded together shipping containers......i do like it though haha

Just now, AU80cruiser said:

Oregon looks like a bunch of welded together shipping containers......i do like it though haha

Me too. UCLA's  new one is tight too. 

Ours looks like a metal barn wrapped in brick. Lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, woodford said:

@woodford most schools are going to football only facilities. Putting all or most sports wouldn't have much of or any affect for the other sports. Getting us a FOF allows us to get the sports that are relegated to the ancient BE Colliseum now into the Athletic Complex.

35 minutes ago, Randy4AU said:

Did the administration get that million from Gus he promised to help fund this before firing him?

@Randy4AU $2 mil & yes a good while back.

I don't like the outside look either.  I guess it's too late to complain to the AD....

It fits Auburn's conservative style for campus buildings I guess....