Jump to content
Null

Zac Etheridge for DB Coach


Recommended Posts





  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

544th ranked recruiter in the country with only 8 all-time commits to his name (all 3*). Let's get him!!!

Well with Mason being a DB coach by trade, perfect opportunity to bring in a young coach.  Seems to be trying to get an alumnus for at least 1 of the final positions.  TRob likely not coming back so a

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, DAG said:

Exactly so just saying I would just pay someone is shortsighted . If it were that easy, he probably would be here 

That makes too much sense . 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t hate the hire, but I was really pumped to get T-Rob back. If we didn’t get T-Rob, I was hoping we could steal Ansley from Tennessee with the ship going down in Knoxville. 

Hopefully Ethridge is an up-and-coming coach that is on the way up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I see Mason working closely with Zach.. could be Zach is an up and coming diamond in the rough. 
He could give motivational speeches during spring practice “You are thinking about giving up cause this is hard? I broke my freakin neck...”

😬

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I see Mason working closely with Zach.. could be Zach is an up and coming diamond in the rough. 
He could give motivational speeches during spring practice “You are thinking about giving up cause this is hard? I broke my freakin neck...”

😬

I really like this hire for all of the reasons stated. There will be mutual learning between him and Coach Mason. The Mentor providing his craft while the student shares his understanding as an Auburn player, student and Family Member.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, abw0004 said:

No way to prove it, but I have actually been keeping tabs on him ever since he was a GA at Georgia Tech.  I remember the student managers for the football team telling me in 2009 and 2010 he was really good at coaching up the younger players.  

And apparently ol Ted Roof put in a good word for Zac to Mason as well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I feel like it falls right in line with the type of hires Gus made. Auburn Yes Men. Of course this is purely speculation. I am just tired of us making what seem to be lazy hires. I think CBH has done well so far on the staff. This doesn't feel good to me. He may be a great coach and a great recruiter and if hired I hope I eat crow. 

Noted. But this guy isn’t Gus. Harsin made it clear his aspiration is championships. Hiring a team captain of an AU national championship team aligns with that goal. Gus would have made this hire either immediately without considering other candidates, or after being turned down by others. Harsin is coming in with a distinct plan and making decisions based on his strategic vision. And for all we know, Mason requested ZE. Speaking of Mason, he had a ton of options right now. Same For Bobo. They chose Auburn, and they chose Harsin. Im going to trust this guy and reserve judgement until we see the on field product.  War Eagle 🦅 

Edited by Gowebb11
Link to post
Share on other sites

ZE is one of my all-time favorites!  It’s extremely rare to come back from a broken neck to play football again.  He has a very inspiring story!   He’s a great dude, and from what I hear a rising star in coaching.   I think it’s a great fit!

War Eagle and Welcome Home Zac!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, dilligas said:

Jeff Schmedding will coach LBs.

There has been nothing official that I've seen that he's been hired. Or...have I missed something?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

There has been nothing official that I've seen that he's been hired. Or...have I missed something?

I had assumed he was hired after reading about it on numerous articles and posts, but I too have not seen anything official so maybe the job is still open.  I hope so for the chance that T-Will might have to be retained.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dilligas said:

I had assumed he was hired after reading about it on numerous articles and posts, but I too have not seen anything official so maybe the job is still open.  I hope so for the chance that T-Will might have to be retained.

My assumption is that he'll be on the staff, but his position is flexible until we get some other pieces nailed down...maybe Twill or Pogue?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He did a good job at Houston. This seems like a recruiting hire though and they expect him to put in the hard work to bring in talent. They know recruiting is going to be the beginning. I expect Zac to do great things and pull in guys. He will learn alot from Mason and he's played the game and knows what it takes 

Link to post
Share on other sites

i love the hire myself. and folks have not mentioned it in this thread but i thought people were saying he really did not want to come back to auburn whatever the reason. boom as well. maybe it was because of gus. i know they took personal delight in beating us this year and had their own little celebration on their field after the game. maybe i am wrong and it just looks that way to me. if so someone feel free to straighten me out. but i will be damned if i would hire a coach that seems to act like our university is a joke.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i love the hire myself. and folks have not mentioned it in this thread but i thought people were saying he really did not want to come back to auburn whatever the reason. boom as well. maybe it was because of gus. i know they took personal delight in beating us this year and had their own little celebration on their field after the game. maybe i am wrong and it just looks that way to me. if so someone feel free to straighten me out. but i will be damned if i would hire a coach that seems to act like our university is a joke.

You may be thinking of TRob

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...