2022 4* OL Riley Quick

Win4AU

Still having trouble with Instagram embedding but here’s a Twitter link. 

• ellitor changed the title to 20224* OL Riley Quick
  • ellitor changed the title to 2022 4* OL Riley Quick
56 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

doesn't he have a brother at bammer?

@TigerPAC Yes but he seemed open to AU had we been able to recruit OL competently then.

Great family. Known his parents a long long time. I think Riley wants to play baseball as well unless something has changed recently. 

3 hours ago, ChrisH said:

Great family. Known his parents a long long time. I think Riley wants to play baseball as well unless something has changed recently. 

He does rated number 2 baseball player in Alabama as pitcher who can currently throw high 80's low 90's fastball and has added a good slider. He would be a great pickup for both sports if he does not sign a pro baseball contract.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

He does rated number 2 baseball player in Alabama as pitcher who can currently throw high 80's low 90's fastball and has added a good slider. He would be a great pickup for both sports if he does not sign a pro baseball contract.

That’s awesome - now if we can get his brother to transfer to Auburn to play with his brother after he’s been buried on the Alabama depth chart, then we’re cooking.

14 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

That’s awesome - now if we can get his brother to transfer to Auburn to play with his brother after he’s been buried on the Alabama depth chart, then we’re cooking.

His brother is a Redshirt Freshman this year so if he would transfer he would have 3 years. I think big issue with his brother and him in O-Line is mass.  Both are 6'5" but Brother after 2 years at bama is still only 280 and he is only around 245.

7 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

His brother is a Redshirt Freshman this year so if he would transfer he would have 3 years. I think big issue with his brother and him in O-Line is mass.  Both are 6'5" but Brother after 2 years at bama is still only 280 and he is only around 245.

The way the extra year of eligibility works is like this season never happened, so Pierce would be a RS FR again, with 4 years to play, although I doubt he d ever stay for 6 years. 

I thought Quick was a DE. I suspect he sees a better future at OT.  Surprised he is rated so high at his current size.  He will have to put some weight and muscle on his frame for sure.

17 hours ago, autan said:

I thought Quick was a DE. I suspect he sees a better future at OT.  Surprised he is rated so high at his current size.  He will have to put some weight and muscle on his frame for sure.

Not disagreeing about weight and muscle but I wonder if he's one of those guys who's just freakishly strong with long arms. Another 40+ lbs is a lot to ask but a 2022 guy at 6'5 can probably get there by the time he's ready to really get his feet wet in SEC ball, which would probably be 3 years from now. 

18 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Another 40+ lbs is a lot to ask

Especially one who is a big time pitching prospect of which most I've seen say baseball is his future.

On 1/9/2021 at 3:53 AM, ChrisH said:

He would be a big baseball player.

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

Especially one who is a big time pitching prospect of which most I've seen say baseball is his future.

I read that he has gained 14mph on his fastball in the last year. He can hit up to 93mph now. 

1 hour ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I read that he has gained 14mph on his fastball in the last year. He can hit up to 93mph now. 

We need OL but he should concentrate on baseball sounds like to me

For the getting bigger while playing baseball discussion

CC Sabathia is 6'6" 300 lbs. for what it's worth 

That should be our sales pitch lol

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Remember this guy

P1100782__68948__37685__39056.1593281314

Yea. Hard to forget him no hitting my Braves. Guy is 6'10". For the record, I said, he would be a big baseball player......I didn't say he would be the biggest ever. Ha!

Archived