Caddy is back

Tony4AU

D5290ECF-F77B-49FC-B881-6704027A7A6F.jpeg

AUBURN, Ala. – Carnell 'Cadillac' Williams will join Auburn head coach Bryan Harsin's staff as running backs coach, Harsin announced Friday. A former all-American at Auburn, Williams served as the Tigers' running backs coach the last two seasons.

"I'm fired up to have Cadillac on our staff," Harsin said. "After several conversations it was easy to see how much passion he has and his desire to learn, grow and develop in the coaching profession. Just spending time with him you see why he is the ultimate ambassador for Auburn football, and that goes beyond just being an elite player but an elite person."

Under Williams' tutelage in 2020, freshman running back Tank Bigsbywas named the SEC Co-Freshman of the Year and Associated Press SEC Newcomer of the Year after leading all freshmen in the conference with 834 rushing yards. Bigsby was the first Auburn freshman in school history to rush for three consecutive 100-yard games and his 834 yards were the second most all-time at Auburn by a rookie.

During his first season in 2019, the Tigers posted five 100-yard rushing games and D.J. Williams earned SEC Freshman of the Week honors for his performance against LSU. In two seasons, Williams' backs have tallied nine 100-yard games and three SEC weekly honors.

"Auburn is a special place to me and I'm appreciative for this opportunity to be a part of Coach Harsin's staff and coach at the school that made me the person I am today," Williams said. "I've enjoyed getting to talk football with Coach Harsin and can't wait to be part of something special."

https://auburntigers.com/news/2021/1/8/football-carnell-williams-joins-harsin-staff-at-auburn-as-running-backs-coach.aspx

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome back Caddy.  Now get on the phone and talk DJ Williams back from the portal and call Shivers down from the ledge.  

I know we are down to literally 2 RBs, but we knew this could happen. The good news is...I think we have the best 2 of the group we had. The transfer portal will open up opportunities. We will be fine. 

2 minutes ago, dilligas said:

Welcome back Caddy.  Now get on the phone and talk DJ Williams back from the portal and call Shivers down from the ledge.  

Might not be an accident that DJ, Tank and Lac announced so close together. I think if the staff had the will or way to convince DJ, he'd already be convinced.

Someone in the equation doesn't want it to happen.

Just now, McLoofus said:

Might not be an accident that DJ, Tank and Lac announced so close together. I think if the staff had the will or way to convince DJ, he'd already be convinced.

DJ knows he will never be RB1 here. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah, that someone is probably DJ or Caddy.  

I’m so glad we brought Caddy back as opposed to having Porter Coach RBs or bringing Dez Kitchings from USCe.  We’ve got enough USCe offensive coaches with Bobo and Friend.  Plus we may get Bryan McClendon, an ex USCe staffer for WR.  I do ho0e we get McClendon though.

Archived