Men vs. UAT

penguin149

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how ready Sharife is to carry the load at point, but having him back helps our chances, I think.  Hopefully, Powell will be able to go too.

47 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

Not sure how ready Sharife is to carry the load at point, but having him back helps our chances, I think.  Hopefully, Powell will be able to go too.

When you can ball like Sharif, you can ball when called lol. His handle is so natural to him he will be game.  Him practicing with team these past few weeks will have him ready. 

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Is Powell still hurt, or is he not starting because he's second on the depth chart behind Coop? I would have thought we'd be stronger with him at the 2...

1 minute ago, Rednilla said:

Is Powell still hurt, or is he not starting because he's second on the depth chart behind Coop? I would have thought we'd be stronger with him at the 2...

He's out or the game, unfortunately.

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

He's out or the game, unfortunately.

Am I right that he'd probably start at the 2 if he were healthy? I just went over to the Powell injury thread, and saw that it was a concussion (I'd not realized that was his problem before). In that case, I'm rather glad he's not playing. Head injuries are nothing to play with. I've never had a concussion, but I was in a coma for 2 weeks when I was 13, so I have an inkling of that kind of thing.

Too bad Powell is still concussed.  It’ll be good to get 2 months with this crew to solidify for next year.

Just now, Rednilla said:

Am I right that he'd probably start at the 2 if he were healthy? I just went over to the Powell injury thread, and saw that it was a concussion (I'd not realized that was his problem before). In that case, I'm rather glad he's not playing. Head injuries are nothing to play with. I've never had a concussion, but I was in a coma for 2 weeks when I was 13, so I have an inkling of that kind of thing.

I think you are correct with Powell at the 2.  

Just now, Rednilla said:

That would be my opinion as well. Pretty sure he would do what Doughty did last year with starting at the two and backing up Coop. But, I'm glad that he's sitting out as well. Would rather him get 100% before even testing to play after recovering from the concussion. Hopefully by Wednesday we'll be at full-strength.

1 minute ago, Rednilla said:

No doubt, Powell would start at the two if he wasn’t hurt and JJ would come off the bench 

4 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

More than likely since he has been starting. Sometimes a coach likes to have a very strong player come off the bench to lead the 2nd team as well. That guy is looked at like a starter. I could see that as well but I think he probably starts

4 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

That would be my opinion as well. Pretty sure he would do what Doughty did last year with starting at the two and backing up Coop. But, I'm glad that he's sitting out as well. Would rather him get 100% before even testing to play after recovering from the concussion. Hopefully by Wednesday we'll be at full-strength.

That's what I was thinking.

I'm interested in what we will look like today. It will be around 3 more games in when everything is optimal and then you can really judge the team

Archived