Men vs. UAT

penguin149

Whoever said anything about Pearl's seating being hot is a troll or lives on another planet. If you want a temp on his seat it is dry ice cold.

Wow what a difference having a true PG!  Cooper was fantastic in the stat sheet but imo what does not show up is how much better he made the other 4 guys on the court. The offense flowed so much better. I am really excited not just about years to come but the rest of this year. This team will win some games. We Comin!

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kennypowers said:

Whoever downvoted the guy with a kid in ICU...get over yourself

I did it and you would just have to know. Like his reply to you this guy is a liar. I don't he even has a son in law. But that's me I don't expect you to agree or understand but you don't get stalked by a racist on this board either

Y’all know what I find particularly funny. As the teams went to the locker rooms after the game, it appeared the Alabama players were taunting Auburn. Do these fools not realize that not only have we dealt with eligibility issues and injury but Isaac Okoro and Chuma Okeke could’ve technically been on the floor for us as they are the age of Alabama’s seniors(Okoro is younger). I can’t help but think we’d have a running clock on them if our coaches weren’t turning those other guys into NBA competitors. 

Man, Cooper was great for 38 minutes, last 2......not so much. But what a difference he makes. The difference in how the team looks with him vs Flanagan is really incredible. Get Powell back, let him spell Cooper at the point but him and Flanagan primarily at the two....then, look towards next year with Smith and Alexander. Man , hard to not be excited about the future -just survive this year, not much on the line anyway

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I did it and you would just have to know. Like his reply to you this guy is a liar. I don't he even has a son in law. But that's me I don't expect you to agree or understand but you don't get stalked by a racist on this board either

this is disgusting

1 hour ago, blakem said:

Y’all know what I find particularly funny. As the teams went to the locker rooms after the game, it appeared the Alabama players were taunting Auburn. Do these fools not realize that not only have we dealt with eligibility issues and injury but Isaac Okoro and Chuma Okeke could’ve technically been on the floor for us as they are the age of Alabama’s seniors(Okoro is younger). I can’t help but think we’d have a running clock on them if our coaches weren’t turning those other guys into NBA competitors. 

Auburn has owned them lately. In their mind, even a shorthanded Auburn is THEIR Super Bowl. You could see it. The advantage they have is only temporary. We know it and they know it.

3 hours ago, fishepa said:

Ouch - that wasn't really necessary.  I didn't realize we shot that many free throws.

You were correct in what you said about bama shooting on FT's normally that would have won a game. This time for once Auburn also shot well.

Cooper with those Oops reminded me of the Chris Paul/ Tyson Chandler connection.  The one to Thor one handed tomahawk was special. 

14 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Talk about pathetic. You don't realize he was talking about your post.

I know you was told not to quote me. Be on your way George Wallace

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

I did it and you would just have to know. Like his reply to you this guy is a liar. I don't think he even has a son in law. But that's me I don't expect you to agree or understand but you don't get stalked by a racist on this board either

FYI  my son-in-law is doing a little better tonight thanks to a lot of prayers. He is still critical and in ICU.

Thanks for your concern:drippingsarcasm7pa:

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

FYI  my son-in-law is doing a little better tonight thanks to a lot of prayers. He is still critical and in ICU.

Thanks for your concern:drippingsarcasm7pa:

Ok. I'm saying you've lied so much I can't believe you. But that's me. 

Good gracious, this thread......

Encouraged by our play today. If we can keep Sharife healthy and get Powell back this team can be dangerous this year. Next year........ look out. Excited about our future basketball wise. This other stuff is discouraging. War Eagle to all of y’all. 

7 hours ago, fredst said:

Good gracious, this thread......

Encouraged by our play today. If we can keep Sharife healthy and get Powell back this team can be dangerous this year. Next year........ look out. Excited about our future basketball wise. This other stuff is discouraging. War Eagle to all of y’all. 

Fred, this guy does some detailed fantastic breakdowns of each game. Take at a look at this one, it’s long but really good. 

👀 Ja Morant liked Sharief’s game 

17 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Really disappointing to lose to Bammer on our home court and now be 0-4 in the SEC. I think we all knew this would be a rebuilding season, but it is not going to be pretty. At least we have great confidence that Bruce will have this team functioning at a much higher level next year.

With FB , men’s and women’s BB being disappointing in 2020-2021, hopefully Butch Thompson and the baseball team will give us something to be proud of this year.

Ouch Cole!

18 hours ago, akillshot said:

. While the record is disappointing, this is a young team with so much long term potential that only today could we really start to see with Coop being able to play. It's also fun to finally see an Auburn team with some size.

TBH, we couldn’t really see it yesterday either, because Powell was out (arguably our best player).  Give this team a few weeks at full strength and they will be an impressive group!!!!  Tons of talent, need to work on a few things, and gel as a unit, and when that happens......Watch Out!!!

12 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

TBH, we couldn’t really see it yesterday either, because Powell was out (arguably our best player).  Give this team a few weeks at full strength and they will be an impressive group!!!!  Tons of talent, need to work on a few things, and gel as a unit, and when that happens......Watch Out!!!

The main thing Cooper brings to the team as a true PG and his ability is the rhythm of the offense. We could tell how smoother the offense looked when he was controlling the pace and the ball movement.

Our problem mostly now is our defense. This is exactly what the problem was with our team the year we had Harper and those top level freshman playing along with soph Bryce Brown. Pearl had to make them learn to play defense and it took time but by the time they were sophs/Jrs we had a solid defensive team too.

These freshmen/sophs also need to learn to play hard on D. Even the color announcer kept showing how when we scored Alabama as experienced as they were would attack quick and we would be slow to get back or be ready, and they would just counter our score with one of theirs.

So, if we get the defense going we will be super good...just don't know when...

5 hours ago, aubearcat said:

👀 Ja Morant liked Sharief’s game 

Is that who Sharife reminds folks of?

Man! He is fun to watch.  Smooooooth.  Makes it look easy.

Sorry we lost, but way more fun game to watch.

I love Jared Harper but people forget (I think I’m right)  that he shared probably half his PG minutes as a frosh.  I don’t think he ever made this much of an impact his frosh season. 
I think Cooper - after the first 5-10 minutes yesterday- became our best player this year.  He’ll get 30+ min every game.

good grief bball is fun under cbp.

11 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Is that who Sharife reminds folks of?

Man! He is fun to watch.  Smooooooth.  Makes it look easy.

Sorry we lost, but way more fun game to watch.

No I don’t think so. @cole256could speak more about that and more intelligently than I. Morant was NBA ROY last year and I think he was more just admiring Sharief’s showing. Ja is more of a slasher/created 2 if I’m not mistaken. I believe I read somewhere that KD was also admiring Sharief’s play on social media. Sharief, in my opinion, has the chance to be a watershed moment for AUburn baseball. If he can continue to play at the level he did yesterday and improve, which he most certainly will, he could have the chance to have a retired jersey, statue, and banner at AUburn.  

1 minute ago, aubearcat said:

No I don’t think so. @cole256could speak more about that and more intelligently than I. Morant was NBA ROY last year and I think he was more just admiring Sharief’s showing. Ja is more of a slasher/created 2 if I’m not mistaken. I believe I read somewhere that KD was also admiring Sharief’s play on social media. Sharief, in my opinion, has the chance to be a watershed moment for AUburn baseball. If he can continue to play at the level he did yesterday and improve, which he most certainly will, he could have the chance to have a retired jersey, statue, and banner at AUburn.  

Edit: yes, Morant is a PG. 

9 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

They play the same position but no his style isn't anything like morant. Ja is an athletic freak, probably won't see too many like him. It was just one game I'm waiting to see more but if I was to go off that one game he's more like a Chris Paul. I'm hoping if he adds a little more control and if he could be a great finisher around the basket his ceiling could be a kyrie Irving type

Of course he's not as good as those guys but just comparing styles of play and talking potential. 

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

The main thing Cooper brings to the team as a true PG and his ability is the rhythm of the offense. We could tell how smoother the offense looked when he was controlling the pace and the ball movement.

Our problem mostly now is our defense. This is exactly what the problem was with our team the year we had Harper and those top level freshman playing along with soph Bryce Brown. Pearl had to make them learn to play defense and it took time but by the time they were sophs/Jrs we had a solid defensive team too.

These freshmen/sophs also need to learn to play hard on D. Even the color announcer kept showing how when we scored Alabama as experienced as they were would attack quick and we would be slow to get back or be ready, and they would just counter our score with one of theirs.

So, if we get the defense going we will be super good...just don't know when...

Man I'm so proud 😥 this is a great take! I felt like I was typing it myself. 

Archived