Four Names to Watch for WR Coach

Zeek

34 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Harper Lee wrote To kill A Mockingbird, not Truman Capote. JFYI 😊

i know that . good grief. the little boy next door was supposed to be truman..you know that right?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Do you have the same concerns about Friend?

I first had the same concerns about Friend. However, I’ve heard and read enough up here to believe that it’s the university self reporting (not as bad as what Mullen was cited for) to avoid having to buyout Pruitt. It’s a clown show on rocky top. Reading a good article by Matt Hayes now from Saturday Down South, the investigation surrounds only Brian Niedermeyer and Pruitt.  

1 hour ago, Eagle-1 said:

That’s always been disputed, actually. Mainly because she hadn’t written a novel before TKAM, and she never wrote one after. She and Truman Capote were friends from childhood.

9 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

That’s always been disputed, actually. Mainly because she hadn’t written a novel before TKAM, and she never wrote one after. She and Truman Capote were friends from childhood.

Yeah, I heard that too. Who knows?

I just want WRs that are taught to get open when the QBs scrambles and not immediately start blocking. 

There’s buzz on the bunker that Darrell Wyatt will be announced soon as Auburn WR Coach and that Kodi Burns is the favorite to replace him at UCF.

2 minutes ago, dilligas said:

There’s buzz on the bunker that Darrell Wyatt will be announced soon as Auburn WR Coach and that Kodi Burns is the favorite to replace him at UCF.

That seems like a lopsided trade

Wyatt worked with Harsin at Texas. He was one of the first names mentioned for WR coach. 

Has been a good recruiter in Texas and Florida. We still needed a good recruiter on staff for Florida. Also good position coach.

✔✔✔

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

she wrote a sequel to tkam but i forget the name of it. yes i have heard the rumors. i do not believe them tho. some folks were just born to write a great story altho her sequel was along comes a watchman which was not as well received. i know her auto is worth a lot and she was a huge turd fan.

16 minutes ago, fredst said:

That seems like a lopsided trade

Like Hopkins for David Johnson lol

Wyatt CAN COACH.   Huge.   Wish Seth and flash could have a year of his coaching. It would change their future. 

19 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

Wyatt CAN COACH.   Huge.   Wish Seth and flash could have a year of his coaching. It would change their future. 

Agreed! Would have been nice, but all we can do is move on and wish them well.

https://247sports.com/college/central-florida/Article/Report-UCF-WR-coach-Darrell-Wyatt-abruptly-leaves-program-could-land-at-Auburn-159081990/

UCF wide receivers coach Darrell Wyatt"abruptly" left the program "late last week," according to a report from FootballScoop.com.

Citing several sources, FootballScoop reported that Wyatt "had an empty office by the weekend." The report also mentions that Wyatt could join new Auburn coach Bryan Harsin as the wide receivers coach for the Tigers.

Knights247 reported last week that Auburn does in fact have interest in Wyatt as he and Harsin served on the same staff at Texas from 2011 and 2012. If Wyatt does depart for Auburn, it sounds like an Auburn assistant coach could be headed to UCF in place of Wyatt.

Wyatt has helped coach a solid group of UCF wide receivers this season, including Marlon Williams and Jaylon Robinson, who rank among the top receivers in the country in a number of receiving categories.

13 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Her name is on it, but a lot of folks think Capote wrote it for her.

Although Lee was one of the nation’s most celebrated writers, she has only two published books to her name: To Kill A Mockingbird and Go Set a Watchman, a novel first touted as a sequel to Mockingbird, but that was later revealed to be more akin to an early draft. The book was published in 2015, amid controversy and speculation about Harper’s mental state. (An investigation by Alabama officials ultimately found that Harper was fully in control of her faculties and able to approve publication). Both of Lee’s books have been wildly successful, but the author’s low output and the decades stretching between her two publications have been a mystery to readers. Did she write more? Did her writing ever move beyond the world of Mockingbird? If so, why didn't she publish it?

The above says only 2 books....strange indeed

Read that between McLendon and Wyatt, B-Mac is the better recruiter and Wyatt the better player developer and coach. I would be happy with either.

A FWIW, I think Capote at least collaborated on TKAM. :D My wife the English instructor thinks so, therefore I am required to agree. đŸ€Ș

Archived