Four Names to Watch for WR Coach

Zeek

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Auburn doesn't owe you a darn thing.

First of all they are a public institution and subject to the open information act so they owe it to everyone.

1 hour ago, toddc said:

I’ll bet you weren’t saying that when he took us to National Championship game in year one. The hire was good when made but didn’t pan out. None of the people you listed/examples compare to your complaints about this hire-apples and oranges.

First of all I would like to clarify my comments about the competence in the athletic depth.  I may have come off sounding as though I thought the entire AD depth is incompetent.  That is not the case I think the people within the depth is very competent.  I was bringing it up that mistakes can be made and alumni and supporters should be more diligent.  Having said that I was against hiring Gus and 1 year is not going to change my mind and it didn't.  2.  You said the hire was good it just didn't pan out.  I was banking for 30 years and when I went to charge off a loan the officer would tell us it was good when made.  No it was not good when made because it did not withstand the test of time and payoff at maturity.   On mistakes one poster said that Auburn athletic department is not as careless as i make them out to be.  I brought up does example to show that mistakes are possible.  I never said hiring this guy was a mistake.  I want to know what Auburn did to ensure that hiring this guy does not become a mistake.

25 minutes ago, Carnell said:

First of all I would like to clarify my comments about the competence in the athletic depth.  I may have come off sounding as though I thought the entire AD depth is incompetent.  That is not the case I think the people within the depth is very competent.  I was bringing it up that mistakes can be made and alumni and supporters should be more diligent.  Having said that I was against hiring Gus and 1 year is not going to change my mind and it didn't.  2.  You said the hire was good it just didn't pan out.  I was banking for 30 years and when I went to charge off a loan the officer would tell us it was good when made.  No it was not good when made because it did not withstand the test of time and payoff at maturity.   On mistakes one poster said that Auburn athletic department is not as careless as i make them out to be.  I brought up does example to show that mistakes are possible.  I never said hiring this guy was a mistake.  I want to know what Auburn did to ensure that hiring this guy does not become a mistake.

26 minutes ago, Carnell said:

You said the hire was good it just didn't pan out.  I was banking for 30 years and when I went to charge off a loan the officer would tell us it was good when made.  No it was not good when made because it did not withstand the test of time and payoff at maturity. 

Hind site is 20/20. We don’t always get to see what happened behind the scenes for obvious reasons and it’s unlikely the administration will share what vetting process was done, so I think you’re asking for things we can’t get which is unrealistic.

10 minutes ago, toddc said:

Hind site is 20/20. We don’t always get to see what happened behind the scenes for obvious reasons and it’s unlikely the administration will share what vetting process was done, so I think you’re asking for things we can’t get which is unrealistic.

Pat said hind site was 50/50. Often the case. 

Archived