Newkirk to portal

Tony4AU

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

The funny thing is your upset by individuals who statistically wasn’t stars. Good luck to the guys but melting down right now is purely silly 

It’s the portal guys on top of the guys who declared for the draft. It’s adding up to a lot of lost production and experience man. We are looking at moving into the season with our top 3 receivers gone and 1 or 2 scholarship running backs that have played at this point. The transfer portal has got to be huge for Harsin. 

3 hours ago, AUinGA44 said:

This is best for all parties involved. Both he and Big Kat do not fit the new scheme we are implementing, and were super loyal to Gus and RG. I wish them the best and good luck. At AU we need to see what we have in some of our younger DL and the JUCO kids from the 2020 signing class. 

Yup. Better for both parties. Some seem surprised that a coaching change leads to this. 

RB is the only position of concern. Since we just need backups that makes it a lot easier.

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You really think that all these guys that were highly recruited and have worked their a** off to get into the SEC aren’t willing to work? You think Mike Norvell at FSU is going to just let DJ slack off and get his carries? I refuse to believe all these guys that we are leaving are just slackers who don’t like to work.

I really don't know where some are now getting this narrative that the players that are leaving are because they don't want to work hard. I seem to remember a 5* DE(Byron Cowart) that didn't cut it here because he couldn't handle hard coaching. I don't ever remember work ethic ever being questioned of guys that have stuck it out at Auburn for 3+ seasons. If there really were a work ethic issue with these guys, they would have been weeded out before now.

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You really think that all these guys that were highly recruited and have worked their a** off to get into the SEC aren’t willing to work? You think Mike Norvell at FSU is going to just let DJ slack off and get his carries? I refuse to believe all these guys that we are leaving are just slackers who don’t like to work.

I agree. These guys were welcomed with open arms upon being recruited. Now its like screw them since they want to leave. There seems to be something else going on that probably only the players know about. If the program was so soft Auburn wouldnt have won as many games as they did. They would have been in the basement. Maybe these guys are not starters but could have been contributors to the team. The guys might not be familiar with the coaches but should be familiar with the campus. Its just interesting they want to start completely over.

4 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I seem to remember a 5* DE(Byron Cowart) that didn't cut it here because he couldn't handle hard coaching.

I didn’t believe that narrative then and don’t believe it now. He handles playing for Belichick quite well, and I’m certain that’s tougher than anything AU there at him. I do agree with you that our players work hard traditionally. 

7 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I didn’t believe that narrative then and don’t believe it now. He handles playing for Belichick quite well, and I’m certain that’s tougher than anything AU there at him. I do agree with you that our players work hard traditionally. 

He admitted himself that he was immature at the time and needed to grow up. So it’s not hard to believe it was a problem at the time.

it's interesting that some of these guys are going back to their home state. 

Newkirk to FL

Williams to FSU...

I wonder if both of these schools were in their list of possible schools during recruiting in HS?

Archived