2021 3* RB Jarquez Hunter Signs With AU!

Zeek

10 hours ago, fredst said:

Been covered before but a great book about Marcus and Philadelphia, MS and it’s troubled history. Incredibly good writing; Willie Morris was a really talented guy-an apologist for the South, granted, but a cosmopolitan man with a lyricism that is so enjoyable 

DD189440-E609-44AF-ABCB-BC438A7AC21D.jpeg

I love Willie Morrises depiction of the battle of space and time . He truly signifies the spirt of the American dream and the battle between good , evil, and everything in between . Just riveting 

• Like 1

Mississippi's top RB announcing commitment Friday morning

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports

Senior Editor

@JLeeAURivals

Auburn on Wednesday added six signees to its 2021 recruiting class. It hopes to add another on Friday.

Neshoba Central (Miss.) running back Jarquez Hunter, who was named Mr. Football in 5A, will announce his college choice around 9 a.m. CT.

Auburn, Mississippi State, Iowa and Memphis are believed to be the finalists.

Auburn in January offered Hunter and moved to the top of his list.

“I like the team and I like how they run the ball,” Hunter said. “I like Coach (Mike) Bobo’s offense, and I just like all the coaches. They are all cool guys.”

That includes running backs coach Carnell “Cadillac” Williams and offensive line coach Will Friend.

“I talk to Coach Friend and Coach Cadillac,” Hunter said. “I have good relationships with both of them. Coach Friend went to the same high school as me. I like him and I like Coach ‘Cadillac’. I think Coach ‘Cadillac’ is a good person and I like him as a coach.”

Hunter will announce Friday whether or not Williams will be his coach in college.

In eight games as a senior, Hunter rushed for 1,687 yards and 22 touchdowns on 226 carries (7.5 avg.). He averaged 210 rushing yards per game and was named the Most Valuable Player in Class 5A.

Rivals ranks Hunter, who is 5-foot-10 and 200 pounds, the No. 40 running back in the 2021 class and No. 11 overall recruit in Mississippi.

Another kablooey baby!

28F08B19-9165-453F-88EC-32BC64C47A94.png

Edited by toddc
  • Haha 1

RB Jarquez Hunter commits to Auburn

9 minutes ago

Auburn has added one more piece to the 2021 recruiting class. And, it's an important one.

Three-star running back Jarquez Hunterof Philadelphia (Miss.) Neshoba Central on Friday committed to the Tigers over programs such as Iowa and Mississippi State. He is the No. 12 recruit in the state of Mississippi for the industry generated 247Sports Composite.

Why Auburn?

“Because I know that they produce running backs and I know I've got a chance to compete up there and get in games early,” Hunter said. “And they’re just a really good team. I always liked Auburn. I just liked them when Cam (Newton) was there. I’ve always liked them since I was little.”

Hunter, listed at 5-feet-10, 190 pounds, is a big new piece for the Tigers, who don't have great depth at running back right now.

Starter Tank Bigsby returns in 2021. So does Shaun Shivers. But three other scholarship backs have left the program in recent months. Earlier this week, Auburn Undercover learned that Devan Barrett, avaluable backup in 2017 who later moved to defensive back, would return to running back this spring. Now, with Hunter on board that will give Auburn's running back numbers yet another boost when he arrives on campus this summer.

Hunter had a strong senior season, rushing for 1,687 yards and 22 touchdowns in 10 games, with over 2,000 all-purpose yards. He earned Mississippi’s Mr. Football in Class 5A. Additionally, he competed in the Mississippi-Alabama All-Star Game.

The Tigers offered Hunter on Jan. 12.

“I talk to them a lot,” Hunter said last week. “Almost every day or every other day.”

Although he has chatted with several members of the Tigers staff, Hunter said he’s closest with running backs coach Cadillac Williams and offensive line coach Will Friend, of whom he noted, “They’re good coaches. Coach Cadillac said he likes my competitiveness. He likes my aggressiveness and the way I play. Stuff like that. He said we’re very similar.”

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 3* RB Jarquez Hunter Commits to AU!
  • ellitor pinned and featured this topic

Mississippi RB Jarquez Hunter picks Auburn

Chad Simmons • Rivals.com

Recruiting Analyst

@ChadSimmons

THE SITUATION: Not long after Bryan Harsin took over as the Auburn head coach, he identified new targets for the Tigers, and one was running back Jarquez Hunter. The three-star out of Neshoba Central in Philadelphia, Miss. picked up the Auburn offer in January, and the SEC school quickly started trending.

Over the last few weeks, Hunter considered schools like Iowa, Memphis, Mississippi State and Southern Miss, but he is ready to leave his home state and move the Plains to play for Auburn.

IN HIS OWN WORDS: "I feel like it’s the best fit for me cause I love there campus and I can see myself staying there," said Hunter. "I know Auburn is a good school to play running back for and it’s always been my dream to play there.

"I have known my decision for like two or three weeks now. I told them my decision later on that day they offered me.

"Coach Cadillac (Carnell Williams) was my recruiter and he is a good coach that played my position.

"I like coach Harsin too. He’s a good person and we have been building a relationship these past couple weeks.

"This is very exciting for me and I’m just ready to go up there and compete every day."

RIVALS REACTION: In only eight games in 2020, Hunter rushed for over 1,600 yards and scored 22 rushing touchdowns. As a junior, he ran for over 2,000 yards, and in his sophomore season, finished with over 1,900 yards. Production is something that comes to mind right away. He is a back that knows what to do when the ball is in his hands. Hunter is a back with a good, lower center of gravity, and he runs with a good blend of power and balance. His top-end speed is not elite, but he is fast enough, and he has great burst when he sees daylight. He has shown the ability to run inside and outside, and he knows how to use his stiff-arm. This could be one of Harsin's top signees in 2021 when we look back down the road. Hunter is going to work, compete, and likely see touches very early in his career.

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 3* RB Jarquez Hunter Signs With AU!
12 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I don't see the comparison at all.

Both Considered underrated based on the last recruiting site evals.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, casatiger said:

Looks a little like James Bostic in his pic.  Hope he runs like him too.  

That second run on that clip was eerily reminiscent of Bostic's TD in the Iron Bowl. Almost the same field position, ran up the middle then broke it outside. Excited to get this guy.