2021 3* RB Jarquez Hunter Signs With AU!

Zeek

Image result for INCOMING MEME     I have a real good feeling about this cat (underrated).

Edited by Beaker
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, gr82be said:

That second run on that clip was eerily reminiscent of Bostic's TD in the Iron Bowl. Almost the same field position, ran up the middle then broke it outside. Excited to get this guy.

I don't know what it is but that is one of my favorite runs by an Auburn tailback.  There have been so many good ones but that one is up there!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, casatiger said:

I don't know what it is but that is one of my favorite runs by an Auburn tailback.  There have been so many good ones but that one is up there!

Besides it being a great run, the timing of it was perfect. An immediate "In your face"

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, casatiger said:

Agree. A that moment in that game that was such an "in your face" statement against Bama. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Besides it being a great run, the timing of it was perfect. An immediate "In your face"

Lol, we're thinking alike on that one!

56 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Image result for gus malzahn boom gif

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

But seriously, I think this is a huge get.

thor-avengers.gif

Let's go, @ellitor!

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

Could be solid down the line for us. We gone need some big time RB’s in the next couple classes because we only got 2 more years of tank before he’s gone 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Could be solid down the line for us. We gone need some big time RB’s in the next couple classes because we only got 2 more years of tank before he’s gone 

good thing the 2022 RB class is loaded

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Timbeaux38 said:

His film seems to indicate that his 3 star rating may be a bit on the low side.

Highlight films often do...but he's certainly someone we need, given the attrition. We'll have to wait and see how much of an impact he makes, but I suspect he's going to have better blocking than recent AU backs have had.

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

good thing the 2022 RB class is loaded

I know it’s a long ways away but I highly doubt we get Henderson now. Cadillac gone have to bring his A game, hopefully there’s some good west coast backs we can build relationships with

5 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I know it’s a long ways away but I highly doubt we get Henderson now. Cadillac gone have to bring his A game, hopefully there’s some good west coast backs we can build relationships with

@Sizzle Like I said the 2022 class is loaded. There's more than just Henderson out there in the South. Also Quinshon Judkins is one who is likely underrated.

28 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Highlight films often do...but he's certainly someone we need, given the attrition. We'll have to wait and see how much of an impact he makes, but I suspect he's going to have better blocking than recent AU backs have had.

There are a couple of full games of his on YouTube. Quick thoughts from watching one: JH is a tough kid who plays with a lot of heart, but he is not physically dominating. He does play hard and take good advantage of his opportunities. Measure that observation against the fact that he touches the ball on about 95% of offensive plays, including punt returns, and also plays defense. I'm hoping that getting some dedicated coaching and training at just RB, and getting to play in an offense where everyone on the field is not keyed on him will give him more room to blossom further.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, AUinfusion said:

There are a couple of full games of his on YouTube. Quick thoughts from watching one: JH is a tough kid who plays with a lot of heart, but he is not physically dominating. He does play hard and take good advantage of his opportunities. Measure that observation against the fact that he touches the ball on about 95% of offensive plays, including punt returns, and also plays defense. I'm hoping that getting some dedicated coaching and training at just RB, and getting to play in an offense where everyone on the field is not keyed on him will give him more room to blossom further.

Good insight. Thanks for that additional info.

I'm always looking for the next Kenny Irons. Maybe he could be that kind of guy. KI wasn't physically dominating, either, but he just had that crazy toughness and leg drive and somehow became one of our most talented backs of the last 20 years. 

Similar build with this guy, I believe. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I'm always looking for the next Kenny Irons. Maybe he could be that kind of guy. KI wasn't physically dominating, either, but he just had that crazy toughness and leg drive and somehow became one of our most talented backs of the last 20 years. 

Man, KI was one of my all time favorites.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Bird is going to love this post!

I was also a big KI fan and would absolutely love to see that kind of toughness again!

• Love 1

4 hours ago, casatiger said:

Although the tackle by Tony Richardson at the end of the run is even better, particularly after he made the block to spring the play 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, fredst said:

Although the tackle by Tony Richardson at the end of the run is even better, particularly after he made the block to spring the play 

That might have been the hardest Bostic got tackled all year.  They call that targeting now although I am not sure how that would be enforced when its your teammate.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1