2021 3* RB Jarquez Hunter Signs With AU!

Zeek

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

small fish in a big pond.

Lol, Dupree was not a small fish at OK but it was a combination of expectations and homesickness that caused him to quit. My superintendent was from Philadelphia and knew several connected people. I got a lot of info on M. Dupree from him. Just watch the video on him:Bo Jackson speed/Hershel Walker power combined  with hard to believe cutting ability for a guy his size. Amazing football player that needed guidance. Had he went to Miss State ( I think Sherrill was coach then and that shows how bad Switzer was) I do believe he would have had an amazing career

2 hours ago, chizhead said:

Lol, Dupree was not a small fish at OK but it was a combination of expectations and homesickness that caused him to quit. My superintendent was from Philadelphia and knew several connected people. I got a lot of info on M. Dupree from him. Just watch the video on him:Bo Jackson speed/Hershel Walker power combined  with hard to believe cutting ability for a guy his size. Amazing football player that needed guidance. Had he went to Miss State ( I think Sherrill was coach then and that shows how bad Switzer was) I do believe he would have had an amazing career

That wasn’t about Dupree that was more relating a personal story. Re-read the post. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

The 30 for 30 was fantastic "The Best That Never Was" Very sad in someways

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1502429/

What was in the water in the South around that time? Within a couple hundred miles of each other, Bo Jackson, Herschel Walker, and Marcus Dupree all within a few years of each other. You could make an argument for them to be the three greatest CFB RBs ever, going by talent differential vs their peers of the era. I remember Dupree just outright taunting a very good Cornhusker D during some of his runs, in a time where you just didn't do that because they'd pay you back on the next down. They never could catch him for payback.....

• Love 1

Had Dupree stuck it out, he might have proven to be the most gifted RB of all time. He weighed around 240 lbs,too! I am trying to remember when he had the knee injuries. He played with the Rams and a USFL team, but I can't remember the order of the two teams. Long time ago

• Like 1

• ellitor changed the title to ***2021 3* RB Jarquez Hunter (Commit Watch 2/5: 9 AM CT)***
Just now, Jgarrett7 said:

Check out the post right above yours

Dad gum it . Thank you I missed the Friday . Thought it was today . Thanks 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Philadelphia, Mississippi sounds like a paradox 

Isn't that the home of Marcus Dupree? Another physical freak along the lines of Herschel and Bo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Been covered before but a great book about Marcus and Philadelphia, MS and it’s troubled history. Incredibly good writing; Willie Morris was a really talented guy-an apologist for the South, granted, but a cosmopolitan man with a lyricism that is so enjoyable 

DD189440-E609-44AF-ABCB-BC438A7AC21D.jpeg

Edited by fredst
  • Like 2