Alabama has ruined college football

gr82b4au

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just now realizing this?

no way a team can do what they have done for as long without special help and benefits.

the FBI should investigate the program. Every team in any sport has ups and downs. Uat is the only one that doesn’t.

15 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

A decade of #1 classes. 
Games that are not even fun to watch 

Only people that like this are Alabama fans. This is miserable football. 

This is loser talk..........go big or go home............commit to winning and do what it takes or learn to be happy being a loser....it really is that simple.......enough of this righteous indignation

Cool. Line up the Dodge dealers and start the ca$h pipeline. 😎

20 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Just now realizing this?

no way a team can do what they have done for as long without special help and benefits.

the FBI should investigate the program. Every team in any sport has ups and downs. Uat is the only one that doesn’t.

The FBI's busy investigating the rednecks and skinheads that stormed the Capital instigated by and un-hinged President. :realmad: Sorry to bring politics to this.

UAT is consistent, and due to the path they've laid out for more than a decade now there are few ups and downs in their program.  They prepare for adversity, they don't allow the success or failure of a season lay on one players shoulders.  i.e. The lead WR goes down, another steps in and produces.  The AA center goes down, another steps in and produces.  We see their Freshman litter the field constantly even on the largest stage in the sport.  They prepare so that their "down year" is a freaking 2-3 loss season. And when those seasons happen damned if their stud players don't return to "finish" what they started and go out on the top.  

Their ability and willingness to maneuver through this Covid season shows commitment and self-discipline with a desire and the drive to excel.  Coaches and players leave in droves every year and the replacements still maintain consistency.  

33 minutes ago, chizhead said:

This is loser talk..........go big or go home............commit to winning and do what it takes or learn to be happy being a loser....it really is that simple.......enough of this righteous indignation

Loser talk just like our former HC's statements made prior to the '20 IB game.  When the leader makes statements like that, He's lost the game mentally before it even started.  

1 hour ago, WarTim said:

Cool. Line up the Dodge dealers and start the ca$h pipeline. 😎

Don't forget to have the NCAA change the rules for you when you get out smarted by a high school football coach... 

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

I agree. What they've been allowed to build is never going to be allowed again. To me, it's as much Emmert's dynasty as it is Saban's

Oklahoma won 47 straight games from 1953-1957. Was that not a dynasty?

FSU won 10+ games a year for 14 years and finished in the top 5 every year (1987-2000) was that not a dynasty? 

I agree time can fade our memories and the here and now is the "greatest ever" but 20 years from now this dynasty will be fuzzy in our memory as well. Some other program (AU?) will be the new dynasty. 

32 minutes ago, drsteve87 said:

Oklahoma won 47 straight games from 1953-1957. Was that not a dynasty?

FSU won 10+ games a year for 14 years and finished in the top 5 every year (1987-2000) was that not a dynasty? 

I agree time can fade our memories and the here and now is the "greatest ever" but 20 years from now this dynasty will be fuzzy in our memory as well. Some other program (AU?) will be the new dynasty. 

Absolutely they were dynasties, but none were built the way bama has been and none were ever protected like bama has been

6 hours ago, AUFlyer99 said:

Marshall’s Charger was an older POS. 

It doesn’t take a brain surgeon to figure out most of UAT’s teams are near or above the NFL salary cap. It’s not necessarily cash though.  Tua’s folks still live in Alabama?

Thanks for mentioning the Tagovailoa's. As much of a cohesive, Christian front as they put out, which is warm and endearing, I have often thought about how obvious the extenuating impermissible benefits had to have been to have them relocate their entire family's existence from Hawaii to Bama for both Tua's and Taulia's football careers. Sure, they may have had some savings and might have even sold a house, but they had to have somewhere to live here in Alabama for years. Renting a nice home for $50/month?? Leasing vehicles for next to nothing? Getting "hired on" to some REC member's business and paid way more than the going rate for whatever job Mr. or Mrs. Tag. perform? I'm just taking shots in the dark here with absolutely zero proof, but I'll NEVER be convinced that the REC didn't provide that entire family 100K's worth of benefits just because their son can sling a football. And all this without the NCAA batting a single eyelash.

When you could have chosen 3 of this year's 4 playoff teams back in the Spring and have been correct, and can likely choose those same 3 for next year's playoffs with a high degree of probability without them having played a game, ...that is what is wrong with college football. The rich get richer. 

I'd love to see it go to 8 teams for the playoffs. Even though teams 5-8 might not necessarily be serious competition for the top 3-4, those teams and respective regions of the country would get more exposure in big time, meaningful games and perhaps it would bring some excitement for young players to choose different places to play. Right now, it's just a lot of the same old song and dance and has led to complacency. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Absolutely they were dynasties, but none were built the way bama has been and none were ever protected like bama has been

Totally agree. And like y'all have said, it's too late now. Bama can recruit now without  many of the tactics they used in the past when they were building their dynasty. I just hope we're ready to step into the void when Saban hangs it up!

12 minutes ago, drsteve87 said:

Totally agree. And like y'all have said, it's too late now. Bama can recruit now without  many of the tactics they used in the past when they were building their dynasty. I just hope we're ready to step into the void when Saban hangs it up!

That's what I think Harsin is building. When the Saban vacuum occurs in the next few years, with the staff he has out together, we should be in a prime spot to ascend to the top.

Bama cheats like everyone else. Should put quotes around “cheats.” Such arbitrary rules shouldn’t even subjected to the usage of the word “cheat.” Paying someone to help you make money is Econ 101. Is it really surprising that Alabama brings in the best players? How is that some big conspiracy? However, I do think it helps with them get away with things that Ole Miss could not. 

I don’t believe the NCAA is in Bama’s corner. I think that’s just silly Auburn fan talk. I hate Alabama and this is a nightmare but Saban is the one of if not the greatest. This is possibly the greatest American sports dynasty of all time. 

1 minute ago, woodford said:

I don’t believe the NCAA is in Bama’s corner. I think that’s just silly Auburn fan talk

I do. It's very well known in certain circles

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

They will freaking tell you they cheat! They will tell you how. They laugh at the other teams cause they don't know how. They graduate lawyers, business giant heirs, and politicians. They have it down to an art.  Though, admittedly, they probably don't have to go there right now. 

When you see Saban’s linemen coming out of the tunnel then look at ours it’s pretty easy to see why they have a dynasty.   They also have some great skill players but the whole thing is built around first dominating the LOS.  

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

What incentives does the NCAA have to protect Alabama and not Southern Cal and Ohio State? Serious question, not patronizing you. 

I do think the NCAA exercises selective enforcement, but still want to know more about your theory. 

10 minutes ago, woodford said:

What incentives does the NCAA have to protect Alabama and not Southern Cal and Ohio State? Serious question, not patronizing you. 

Emmett is tied to Saban. Any impropriety towards Saban links directly to Emmett.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2013/10/10/4821252/alabama-and-the-ncaa-things-that-make-you-go-hmmm

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1804256-alabamas-in-a-tough-spot-with-nick-sabans-relationship-with-mark-emmert.amp.html

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/2948023

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2013/04/02/ncaa-president-emmert-previous-cases-uconn-lsu/2047607/

Coach: Son, come to bammer. We’ll put you in a new Dodge, be sure you get “expense money” and a nice cushy high payin job for your mom or dad or aunt or grandma.     Player: “It was just a business decision”.......

17 hours ago, bigbird said:

That's what I think Harsin is building. When the Saban vacuum occurs in the next few years, with the staff he has out together, we should be in a prime spot to ascend to the top.

I hope your right and Harsin can do what other AU coaches haven't done in the past.  Auburn could've and should've taken the spots of LSU/UGA/UF when those programs went through multiple coaching changes.  We should've jumped LSU when they fired Les Miles AND jumped again when UGA fired Richt.  But JABA we stayed on the roller coaster. 

Harsin knows he has to bring in the top talent with those guys if we want to contend with them. Build for the future and be prepared when the time comes.

if ALL programs cheat, then why does one program seem to always be ahead of everyone else or always on top?  (and never accused/investigated of wrongdoing)

personally, i think there are 2 areas that the bammers kill everyone else: 

1--"analysts".  i wish this would be abolished or at least limited to only 3 per school.  sure, they only report minimal, to them, income of 80k but trust me, the REC assists in this as well.

2--practice time.  again, this is my personal thought...no way bammer only uses allotted/allowed practice time.  is this, or can this, be policed?

1 hour ago, TigerPAC said:

if ALL programs cheat, then why does one program seem to always be ahead of everyone else or always on top?  (and never accused/investigated of wrongdoing)

1--"analysts".  i wish this would be abolished or at least limited to only 3 per school.  sure, they only report minimal, to them, income of 80k but trust me, the REC assists in this as well.

2--practice time.  again, this is my personal thought...no way bammer only uses allotted/allowed practice time.  is this, or can this, be policed?

There may be some bending of the rules by other programs. But no one has the sophisticated REC cheating machine like the bammers. It is intermingled with state government., SEC officials, the NCAA, and ESPN and other sports media. As long as Emmert is at the NCAA bammer has free reign. 

Name one university that could get away with moving an entire family from Hawa'i to Alabaster, and supplying jobs and a house, cars, etc to an athlete's family and not try to even hide it. Name another school who would give an athlete a $60,000 SUV, with free gas, let his Mom and 2 kids live in a booster's condo and provide Mom with a nice income.. Name one college student/athlete who grew up in poverty, has no job, but can afford to regularly take his Mom and his 2 kids out for steak dinners. Name one working class family who can suddenly afford to pay cash for a new home for Grandma (after allowing her to live in a very run -down home for 50 years)..As soon as the grandson commits to  bammer.....Grandma suddenly can pay cash for a new home. These are the things that bammer does, and they are pretty flagrant. The REC is asked to fill a need for the athlete's family and before you know it that problem is taken care of and the kid is going to bammer. But let any other school try it and bammer will ensure that there will be trouble for their program. There's just no way to overcome the corruption that is the bammer athletic program because at every step the REC has installed someone to make sure that bammer gets what it wants without fear of consequences. They do not have to play by the same rules that every other school is forced to live with, The best athletes can expect to have financial security for their loved ones and an almost guaranteed chance to play in the NFL It's definitely killing college football. I said it about 10 years ago......the nickster is terrible for college football and he will ruin it.....and everybody called me a tin-foil hat wearing nut job. Now it's done and it's too late to fix it. His teams have no real competition anywhere in college football. The closet anyone got was Dabo....and he uses the same techniques. He gets some protection because the bammers want him when nickster retires so they can't have him getting in trouble. 

2 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

Every team tries to get a competitive edge.  Some teams have better (far reaching) assisted help in gaining this competitive edge.  I am not shocked that a school has figured out how to work the system.  What I am surprised about, is that the school is Bama, "little" ol' Bama.  It would make more sense to me if a school like ND, Michigan, OSU, USC, ULCA, Texas, Penn ST, or TAMU had figured out where the all puzzle pieces go.   But no it was/is Bama, a head scratcher to say the least, but I'm impressed that they are so well organized.  Bama, as an organization, appears to be light-years ahead of everyone else, hence the 6 NCs in 10 (or 11) years.

38 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

There may be some bending of the rules by other programs. But no one has the sophisticated REC cheating machine like the bammers. It is intermingled with state government., SEC officials, the NCAA, and ESPN and other sports media. As long as Emmert is at the NCAA bammer has free reign. 

Name one university that could get away with moving an entire family from Hawa'i to Alabaster, and supplying jobs and a house, cars, etc to an athlete's family and not try to even hide it. Name another school who would give an athlete a $60,000 SUV, with free gas, let his Mom and 2 kids live in a booster's condo and provide Mom with a nice income.. Name one college student/athlete who grew up in poverty, has no job, but can afford to regularly take his Mom and his 2 kids out for steak dinners. Name one working class family who can suddenly afford to pay cash for a new home for Grandma (after allowing her to live in a very run -down home for 50 years)..As soon as the grandson commits to  bammer.....Grandma suddenly can pay cash for a new home. These are the things that bammer does, and they are pretty flagrant. The REC is asked to fill a need for the athlete's family and before you know it that problem is taken care of and the kid is going to bammer. But let any other school try it and bammer will ensure that there will be trouble for their program. There's just no way to overcome the corruption that is the bammer athletic program because at every step the REC has installed someone to make sure that bammer gets what it wants without fear of consequences. They do not have to play by the same rules that every other school is forced to live with, The best athletes can expect to have financial security for their loved ones and an almost guaranteed chance to play in the NFL It's definitely killing college football. I said it about 10 years ago......the nickster is terrible for college football and he will ruin it.....and everybody called me a tin-foil hat wearing nut job. Now it's done and it's too late to fix it. His teams have no real competition anywhere in college football. The closet anyone got was Dabo....and he uses the same techniques. He gets some protection because the bammers want him when nickster retires so they can't have him getting in trouble. 

oh i agree and work with 2 active REC members---they're not shy.  REC=southern mafia

in regards to dabo....wonder if they are setting up the pieces now?  heard that Zow was just hired on Clemson's staff.  

Archived