Jump to content
Null

Alabama has ruined college football


Recommended Posts

The Saban and Emmert relationship is a clear advantage for bama.   The 4 team playoff is ruining college football.   It really is the bama, clempsun, tosu/oklahoma invitational.  They invite 1 team per year.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites




  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A decade of #1 classes.  Games that are not even fun to watch  Only people that like this are Alabama fans. This is miserable football. 

I do. It's very well known in certain circles

Or T-Town's menswear

Posted Images

On 1/13/2021 at 7:07 PM, Carnell said:

They made a commitment to excellence and achieved greatness.  That does not ruin anything it makes it better.  The other teams by not making a the same commitment and achieving the same result as Bama is ruining college football.

You have no idea what you're talking about. bammer just wants to win by any means and they have no problem doing some really terrible things to get there. 

If you cheat.....you have not achieved anything. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

You have no idea what you're talking about. bammer just wants to win by any means and they have no problem doing some really terrible things to get there. 

If you cheat.....you have not achieved 

do you believe Alabama is the only school that cheats.  If they were i would agree with you but they are not by a long shot.  

Since the other schools cheat, bama must be something difference.  Let just compare them to Auburn.  Bama goes out and pays top dollar for a NFL HC who in turned hired other NFL and power 5 coaches. We hire a high school coach who in turn hired other high school coaches, up until this complex was approved i can't remember any significant spending we did. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Carnell said:

do you believe Alabama is the only school that cheats.  If they were i would agree with you but they are not by a long shot.  

Since the other schools cheat, bama must be something difference.  Let just compare them to Auburn.  Bama goes out and pays top dollar for a NFL HC who in turned hired other NFL and power 5 coaches. We hire a high school coach who in turn hired other high school coaches, up until this complex was approved i can't remember any significant spending we did. 

 

 

You clearly have not read my posts. NEVER have I EVER said bammer was the only school that cheats. In fact I mentioned that in a post recently. But bammer takes it to an entirely different level. It is incorporated into their athletic department as their usual way of doing business, and they no longer even attempt to hide it.The REC exists solely to facilitate the financial benefits given to elite athletes. In fact...it is exalted by the media. All those stories about Trent Richardson and his mama, and Tua coming all the way from Hawaii. The stories just failed to mention HOW these poor people pulled off such expensive life style changes so miraculously. 

 I stand by what I posted earlier. You are clearly ignorant of all the facts, and the history involved with the REC and the cheating machine behind bammer athletics. You might as well move on from this topic because you are wrong and obviously have no interest in knowing what has gone on at bammer for decades, and in the state of Alabama involving that football program. Nothing in college football has ever come close to what they do as a routine activity. 

Edited by Tigerbelle
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

You clearly have not read my posts. NEVER have I EVER said bammer was the only school that cheats. In fact I mentioned that in a post recently. But bammer takes it to an entirely different level. It is incorporated into their athletic department as their usual way of doing business, and they no longer even attempt to hide it.The REC exists solely to facilitate the financial benefits given to elite athletes. In fact...it is exalted by the media. All those stories about Trent Richardson and his mama, and Tua coming all the way from Hawaii. The stories just failed to mention HOW these poor people pulled off such expensive life style changes so miraculously. 

 I stand by what I posted earlier. You are clearly ignorant of all the facts, and the history involved with the REC and the cheating machine behind bammer athletics. You might as well move on from this topic because you are wrong and obviously have no interest in knowing what has gone on at bammer for decades, and in the state of Alabama involving that football program. Nothing in college football has ever come close to what they do as a routine activity. 

Thank you for making my point.  Commitment to Excellence they do it better than anyone else.

  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2021 at 6:12 PM, Carnell said:

Thank you for making my point.  Commitment to Excellence they do it better than anyone else.

I don't like Saban but the proof is in the pudding. Recruits go to Alabama to win championships in college but also to get developed and prepared for the NFL. No other program since 2008 has the track record that Bama does of getting players into the NFL. 

In fact, Alabama has the most active NFL players of any FBS school as of the 2020 NFL season with 56 players.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2020-09-07/nfl-players-college-2020-rosters

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I don't like Saban but the proof is in the pudding. Recruits go to Alabama to win championships in college but also to get developed and prepared for the NFL. No other program since 2008 has the track record that Bama does of getting players into the NFL. 

In fact, Alabama has the most active NFL players of any FBS school as of the 2020 NFL season with 56 players.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2020-09-07/nfl-players-college-2020-rosters

They also get cash and new Chargers. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2021 at 6:12 PM, Carnell said:

Thank you for making my point.  Commitment to Excellence they do it better than anyone else.

You are correct.  The excellence they have achieved in cheating is unmatched anywhere.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2021 at 5:34 PM, Tigerbelle said:

You clearly have not read my posts. NEVER have I EVER said bammer was the only school that cheats. In fact I mentioned that in a post recently. But bammer takes it to an entirely different level. It is incorporated into their athletic department as their usual way of doing business, and they no longer even attempt to hide it.The REC exists solely to facilitate the financial benefits given to elite athletes. In fact...it is exalted by the media. All those stories about Trent Richardson and his mama, and Tua coming all the way from Hawaii. The stories just failed to mention HOW these poor people pulled off such expensive life style changes so miraculously. 

 I stand by what I posted earlier. You are clearly ignorant of all the facts, and the history involved with the REC and the cheating machine behind bammer athletics. You might as well move on from this topic because you are wrong and obviously have no interest in knowing what has gone on at bammer for decades, and in the state of Alabama involving that football program. Nothing in college football has ever come close to what they do as a routine activity. 

A good example of the REC at work, DJ Fluker.  His mom and family were homeless while he was in high school.  After his freshman year at UAT, his mom had a home, a Tahoe  and he drove a Cadillac and she was still unemployed.   

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2021 at 9:42 PM, casatiger said:

The Saban and Emmert relationship is a clear advantage for bama.   The 4 team playoff is ruining college football.   It really is the bama, clempsun, tosu/oklahoma invitational.  They invite 1 team per year.  

This is where I landed after this strange, but eventually predictable, season.

Until you expand it to give the P5 teams that had really-good-but-not-elite seasons AND the upstart undefeated teams from second-tier conferences (Liberty, Coastal this year) their shot on the field against the tournament regulars, this is just the rich getting richer. There's no motivation for most of the rest of the teams out there.

8 feels right. I'm not opposed to making it huge - think 32. But I realize it's impractical.

Also - Unrelated - but, why the HECK is the final game still played on a Monday? 

When I'm elected to public office, my first EO is Super Bowl Saturday and CFP Friday.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, looney said:

This is where I landed after this strange, but eventually predictable, season.

Until you expand it to give the P5 teams that had really-good-but-not-elite seasons AND the upstart undefeated teams from second-tier conferences (Liberty, Coastal this year) their shot on the field against the tournament regulars, this is just the rich getting richer. There's no motivation for most of the rest of the teams out there.

8 feels right. I'm not opposed to making it huge - think 32. But I realize it's impractical.

Also - Unrelated - but, why the HECK is the final game still played on a Monday? 

When I'm elected to public office, my first EO is Super Bowl Saturday and CFP Friday.

I think 8 where it will eventually land. You have your 5 power 5 conference champs, the best group of 5 team available, and 2 selections. The selections could be from any conference. For instance, this year would have seen Cincinnati get in as well as Coastal. That would have left us with Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Coastal, Cincy, and I guess Oregon (not sure they win the conference with a full schedule).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

I think 8 where it will eventually land. You have your 5 power 5 conference champs, the best group of 5 team available, and 2 selections. The selections could be from any conference. For instance, this year would have seen Cincinnati get in as well as Coastal. That would have left us with Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Coastal, Cincy, and I guess Oregon (not sure they win the conference with a full schedule).

And I would've watched all of those first round games. Unlike this year, where I just checked the score the next day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

bama started winning with the ol deer antler spray. hell they used it for aftershave as well as butt balm. i mean deer car run like the wind and jump over cars if they see them coming.................

Link to post
Share on other sites

Most experts say there are limited numbers of truly impactful players in each high school graduating class.  I have heard numbers from 25-40 players per class.  These are guys that are faster, bigger, stronger, and better than everyone else.  The vast majority of these players are going to 3 or 4 schools every year.  Not because those schools just work harder than everyone else, but because they can very easily tell kids truthfully that if they go to school "X" they will never get a chance to play for a championship.  So reloading is easy for bama, clemson, tosu, and ok/ga

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Support staff and "resources". Bama has spent, spent, and spent more on these things than anyone, anywhere. To the point where it is a quasi corporation. There's an intense sales pitch that goes above and beyond. It wouldn't surprise me if they produced a complete written or digitized individualized dossier specifically tailored for each potential recruit covering every aspect of football, campus, and future employment life. Something for the entire family to review. Furthermore, whatever's not specifically covered by the NCAA encyclopedia, they have "legally" pushed the envelope. The spirit of the law governing real actual student athletes be damned. They recruit employees, not players. Employees are treated with a package of benefits, which vary by employer. Some of these "benefits" will never be in a manual or on paper. If the employee's family needs help with education, jobs, housing, or debt, there are ample support staff with the connections to provide whatever assistance is needed. Of course these connections make it all look legit. Some of it innocent enough. If an alumni of school X owns a business, or even a fan, might have good intentions and sincerely want to help. Maybe a job. That goes on everywhere. But these people have taken it to another level.

Edited by slyinsocal
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i mean deer car run like the wind and jump over cars if they see them coming.................

 

 

 

 

ImpishIcyGardensnake-max-1mb.gif

e350ff70-4c90-11eb-8db7-6a5020036aa7.gif

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2021 at 6:12 PM, Carnell said:

Thank you for making my point.  Commitment to Excellence they do it better than anyone else.

Cheating is not excellence. It's just cheating. I suspect you think you're pretty cute but really you just made an ass out of yourself. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

Cheating is not excellence. It's just cheating. I suspect you think you're pretty cute but really you just made an ass out of yourself. 

I don't condone cheating nor did I start this cheating.  But in reality it has become a business practice at the schools in the P5 conferences with the exception of Vandy and Duke football.  But these a school in P5 conference has to ask itself can I stop this cheating?  The answer is no one school cannot widespread cheating.  The next question is can I compete at this level without cutting corners.  The answer is clearly no.  Then the school has to determine if they want to cut corners or play it straight.  The school then has to decide if it wants to be competitive at the P5 level.  Hence for those schools in P5 conference that want to be competitive, it has to cut corners thus becoming a business practice.  If you want to refer to me as an ass for recognizing reality, I will call you ostrich for burying your head in the sand.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Southwest said:

The fact they just hired 2 ex nfl coaches also doesn't hurt recruites looking at the program..

Uat is basically a pro team now. They will be coached like an nfl team. Saban couldn’t cut it in the nfl so he just created his own pro team. Hard to imagine nfl coaches following ncaa rules. Guess what they won’t have to.

brilliant actually, while Auburn was hiring high school and lower tier coaches, uat is hiring nfl coaches.

Edited by TigerOne
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TigerOne said:

Uat is basically a pro team now. They will be coached like an nfl team. Saban couldn’t cut it in the nfl so he just created his own pro team. Hard to imagine nfl coaches following ncaa rules. Guess what they won’t have to.

brilliant actually, while Auburn was hiring high school and lower tier coaches, uat is hiring nfl coaches.

Doesn't hurt either that most of the players they send to the NFL do well also.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2021 at 6:34 PM, Carnell said:

I don't condone cheating nor did I start this cheating.  But in reality it has become a business practice at the schools in the P5 conferences with the exception of Vandy and Duke football.  But these a school in P5 conference has to ask itself can I stop this cheating?  The answer is no one school cannot widespread cheating.  The next question is can I compete at this level without cutting corners.  The answer is clearly no.  Then the school has to determine if they want to cut corners or play it straight.  The school then has to decide if it wants to be competitive at the P5 level.  Hence for those schools in P5 conference that want to be competitive, it has to cut corners thus becoming a business practice.  If you want to refer to me as an ass for recognizing reality, I will call you ostrich for burying your head in the sand.

 

You're arguing with yourself. Have fun.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...