We ever gonna get a Transfer?!

AUght2win

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

@AUght2winA couple things. The majority of the transfers in the transfer portal aren’t gonna happen until after spring ball. Also the play immediately transfer rule that was expected to go into affect for the coming season has now been delayed to at least 2022 so that will greatly reduce the candidates we take for transfers. Transfers we need will need to be grad transfers that can play immediately.

I'm wondering if the Auburn players that hit the portal recently know they can't play for an entire year?

Seems that if they knew that, maybe they'd have been willing to give the new staff a chance.:dunno:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I doubt new coaches feel any sense of obligation to Patrick Nix.

I'm not saying the do, I'm saying in this situation, guy has a couple of years starting, he's a legacy and a nice part of the fanbase where he can do no wrong.......I wouldn't trust that situation if it was me or if it was my son. I didn't have a thought a Pat nix

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

We need a qb bad. The thing is you have to convince a guy transferring that he can win the job. I know I wouldn't trust it, but who knows

Well hell, it looks like a new QB would have to be a graduate transfer to even make a difference in our situation for 2021 season.  I understood any and all transfers got waivers and could play immediately in 2021 and not have to sit out a season.  Now that's apparently not the case, what a crappy way for the NCAA to treat the players. 

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

No it’s not. At worst we should win eight games but should win nine. Schedule as it is now is not as daunting as usual.

Here we go setting CBH up for failure, already.  Folks, we just went 6-5 with a coach in his 8th year and his full compliment of recruits.  Expectations should be tempered no matter the schedule next year.  With all of the bail-outs, it could get rough next season, or not. But I'm not going get my hopes up.  If he gets 8 next year, I think that would be outstanding.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I'm not saying the do, I'm saying in this situation, guy has a couple of years starting, he's a legacy and a nice part of the fanbase where he can do no wrong.......I wouldn't trust that situation if it was me or if it was my son. I didn't have a thought a Pat nix

I think when 5 star QBs with prominent Dads are recruited most places assurances are often given, e.g. Chris Sims at Texas. Wouldn’t surprise me if there had been assurances here. In any event, every position needs to be open. Hopefully Harsin and Bobo can bring Nix along, but the best man needs to play.

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I think when 5 star QBs with prominent Dads are recruited most places assurances are often given, e.g. Chris Sims at Texas. Wouldn’t surprise me if there had been assurances here. In any event, every position needs to be open. Hopefully Harsin and Bobo can bring Nix along, but the best man needs to play.

I hope Bo turns out to be an outstanding player under CBH with the backup nipping at his heels constantly.  I don't care who you are or what you do, competition will make you or break you. 

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Here we go setting CBH up for failure, already.  Folks, we just went 6-5 with a coach in his 8th year and his full compliment of recruits.  Expectations should be tempered no matter the schedule next year.  With all of the bail-outs, it could get rough next season, or not. But I'm not going get my hopes up.  If he gets 8 next year, I think that would be outstanding.

I'm glad you posted this Swamp.  Like others said, there's a huge culture change taking place right now and we see it with players leaving for various reasons.  We aren't brining in a top recruiting class, we're losing some depth and experience. These players have to learn the new staff, new schemes. new language and philosophy and balance school with football while we're still in a pandemic.

To say "at worst we should win 8 games and it should be nine" seems premature IMO.  The next 7-8 months will be tough for the coaches and players.

14 minutes ago, keesler said:

Well hell, it looks like a new QB would have to be a graduate transfer to even make a difference in our situation for 2021 season.  I understood any and all transfers got waivers and could play immediately in 2021 and not have to sit out a season.  Now that's apparently not the case, what a crappy way for the NCAA to treat the players. 

If they are going back on their word I hope it is possible to sue them

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Agreed. Going into 2020, even before the pandemic, I think a lot of us were already looking forward to 2021 specifically because of the schedule. Also, we'll get our entire OL and QB back. Now, I think a lot of us expected a lot more from the QB in year 2, but there's still hope. 

At Penn State, LSU, TaMu, and Arkansas is still pretty daunting.  It’ll be interesting to see who the east opponents are after this years shake up.  

3 hours ago, weagl1 said:

Coach has already said do you want it built fast or do you want it built right? Patience Grasshopper.  

Okay but it still needs to get built. There is a ticking clock.

25 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

6-5 in an ALL CONFERENCE SCHEDULE in a PANDEMIC. We would have won 8 or 9 this year under normal circumstances, and our schedule sets up better next year. 

We should absolutely win 8 games. That should be the expectation. The cupboard isn't bare. This isn't a total rebuild. 

I would have to see the schedule and go team by team. We shouldn't lose to South c or Tenn or anybody like that but somebody like Texas a&m I'll let that slide

@Mikey thanks Mikey! I misunderstood preachers post. Yes the most any school can enroll in one year max is 30 and as you know that would be only if the school enrolled 20 the previous year to where they can have five January enrollees from the next year count to that year.

@AUpreacherman22 ETA: we were planning on using all 25 spots for this class originally including transfers. I don’t know if that’s the case anymore with our transfer pool being limited now there we are likely to only take grad transfers since under class transfers will not be able to play immediately in 2021.

37 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

At Penn State, LSU, TaMu, and Arkansas is still pretty daunting.  It’ll be interesting to see who the east opponents are after this years shake up.  

I can't bring myself to sweat LSU or Arky. And yes, I already know why I should. 

We better get some dang grad-transfer running backs. Tank, Worm, and a true freshman is not an ideal depth chart. 

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So help me understand where this sits. They were under impression that all transfers would get immediate eligibility, but I heard the NCAA delayed the vote. So now ....none of the transfers get the waiver? I have to imagine there will be some who may rethink and pull themselves from the portal. That is pretty @#$%y of the NCAA to do that. 

@Tigerpro2a if the transfer play immediately rule had passed they would not have been a need for a waiver. Now they are going to need a waiver to play immediately. Also some kids will not be able to pull out from the portal because once they put their name in the portal the schools don’t have to honor their scholarship after the last semester of their submission into the portal.

6 minutes ago, AUinGA44 said:

We better get some dang grad-transfer running backs. Tank, Worm, and a true freshman is not an ideal depth chart. 

Who is the true freshman? I was under the impression we didn’t have anyone signed for this class.

35 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

The cupboard isn't bare. This isn't a total rebuild

On offense you are correct. But defense is a total rebuild basically. 

Besides all of the transfers and kids declaring for the draft, we are swapping from a 4-2-5 base to a 3-4 base. Our current DEs will be stand up linebackers in this defense. We dont have any true NTs, we dont have 3-4 DEs. Swapping from a 1 gap technique to a 2 gap technique requires a different style of DL. And almost our entire DB group is gone. Luckily most of our LBs are staying...

Defense is almost a complete rebuild. But in the long run it will be worth it as it will better prepare kids for the next level which helps recruiting.

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I can't bring myself to sweat LSU or Arky. And yes, I already know why I should. 

I’m definitely ready to see Auburn get a win in Baton Rogue.  Wish Auburn played there this season.  

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

@Swamp Eagle Not setting anyone up for failure. There’s never an excuse for Auburn to be any worse than 7-5. That’s how much we out talent every other team at our worst besides possibly 5 of the big six and Texas A&M. 

FBS to FCS with atleast two years of eligibility dont have to sit but FCS to FBS do no matter the eligibility remaining unless a grad transfer. Thats makes no sense. So Jason Brown cant play this year unless we find a good lawyer for him,  haha. That sucks, thought we found some competition besides the true freshman.

3 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

FBS to FCS with atleast two years of eligibility dont have to sit but FCS to FBS do no matter the eligibility remaining unless a grad transfer. Thats makes no sense. So Jason Brown cant play this year unless we find a good lawyer for him,  haha. That sucks, thought we found some competition besides the true freshman.

He may be a graduate transfer. He was a redshirt junior (academic senior) last season.

1 minute ago, meh130 said:

He may be a graduate transfer. He was a redshirt junior (academic senior) last season.

I saw that. Fingers crossed he is or we can find somebody that can get here for spring if its not already too late.

Archived