I can't wait!!!

cole256

I can't wait until we have size and a big o line and d line again! 

I also hope this staff stats or does a better job recruiting north west Alabama again. We've missed out on some big time players these last few years

17 hours ago, cole256 said:

I also hope this staff stats or does a better job recruiting north west Alabama again. We've missed out on some big time players these last few years

We all are waiting and patiently. I believe we have the staff to get it done. People just need to stop with the instant gratification.

I just have to say I can't wait until we have size and a big o line and d line again! 

Well Jboy says we lead for two 4 star OL in the 22 class. We’ll see 

25 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I also hope this staff stats or does a better job recruiting north west Alabama again

Let's not be too picky.  We signed 2 kids out of the entire state of Alabama for the 2021 class.

I just have to say I can't wait until we have size and a big o line and d line again! 

Jordan Peterson is the only one I remember in a while.

I have a feeling Olinemen will come running to Auburn the next couple recruiting classes.  Dline should start resembling itself in a year or two with a couple of the guys recruited this year.  I think most knew the interior was going to be an issue last year but no one though it would be as bad as it was.  

Been letting some good players get out of Auburn and Central too. 

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

I'm not sure it's size. We've had adequate size just not any attitude to go along with it.

I feel like we haven't had huge o linemen. D line I feel like one every 3 guys may be big and as far as linebackers we've been too small. 

And I'm of the belief big boy on offense needs to be moved to d tackle or even better a big d end in the 3-4 and literally be a SUPER STAR . His athleticism on D line his basement could be Chris Jones......And yes I said basement. As athletic as he is he really could be something transcendent on defense if somebody just sat down and talked to him

3 hours ago, toddc said:

Jordan Peterson is the only one I remember in a while.

I just saw a post on my Facebook of the big guard that plays for Alabama aunt. He's from Decatur and He didn't have a bunch of big offers when he came out. Apparently he didn't want to leave the state......we didn't even offer him. He hasn't given up a sack in 3 years and he's NFL bound now smh

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Let's not be too picky.  We signed 2 kids out of the entire state of Alabama for the 2021 class.

I'm going to be very picky. We need to get back to letting kids in the state know they can play for us and be successful

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I feel like we haven't had huge o linemen. D line I feel like one every 3 guys may be big and as far as linebackers we've been too small. 

And I'm of the belief big boy on offense needs to be moved to d tackle or even better a big d end in the 3-4 and literally be a SUPER STAR . His athleticism on D line his basement could be Chris Jones......And yes I said basement. As athletic as he is he really could be something transcendent on defense if somebody just sat down and talked to him

100%. Needs to happen

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Demarco McNeil clone

Size does matter... pun intended. But it is more than that. Bielema recruited huge offensive lineman when he was at Arkansas, and it made no difference. His offenses were still bad. It is important that we upgrade on size and talent.

54 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Linebackers are a little on the small side but you can’t ask a 6’4 270 linebacker to cover a slot in space. It’s just not gonna happen. Most LB are smaller now than they were 10-12 years ago. 

31 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Size does matter... pun intended. But it is more than that. Bielema recruited huge offensive lineman when he was at Arkansas, and it made no difference. His offenses were still bad. It is important that we upgrade on size and talent.

They still ran well. He recruited them at Wisconsin too and they were good. And they recruit them at bammer. I'm going with majority than relying on the anamoly

5 minutes ago, ChrisH said:

Linebackers are a little on the small side but you can’t ask a 6’4 270 linebacker to cover a slot in space. It’s just not gonna happen. Most LB are smaller now than they were 10-12 years ago. 

What is bammer doing? There are such things as big and fast. And length makes up for alot when you're covering

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What is bammer doing? There are such things as big and fast. And length makes up for alot when you're covering

Their biggest starter is 240. That’s a long way from Dante Hightower. 

The "size issue" is non-existent if not overblown. We really aren't that small at all on either the OL or DL; the problem is talent, toughness, athleticism, drive, etc, etc. Brodarius Hamm is 6'5 330 pounds - his problem has nothing to do with him being "too small". Most of our big guys are just too stiff, timid, under-talented, and outright soft. Its the same story on the DL - Daquan Newkirk is 6'3 317 pounds.

I've talked about this before: if your team is just BAD, the players always look "small and slow" regardless of what their actual physical metrics are. Bama's guys aren't better because they're "bigger"; they're just considerably better football players (mentally, athletically, etc, etc) and considerably better coached.

If I remember right, Banks followed Forrest Blue at center ....Blue was drafted by the 49ers and Banks by the cardinals...Correct me if I am wrong, it has been over a half century

47 minutes ago, ChrisH said:

Their biggest starter is 240. That’s a long way from Dante Hightower. 

Nobody mentioned Hightower and of course you'd use the biggest linebacker....

But that's not true as two of them are 250 and 240 is big. I know for a fact a freshman linebacker they recruited right up the street from me is 6'5" 235 out of high school. They haven't nor will they say hey we're not recruiting big linebackers anymore. This is a dumb argument to have. 

33 minutes ago, metafour said:

The "size issue" is non-existent if not overblown. We really aren't that small at all on either the OL or DL; the problem is talent, toughness, athleticism, drive, etc, etc. Brodarius Hamm is 6'5 330 pounds - his problem has nothing to do with him being "too small". Most of our big guys are just too stiff, timid, under-talented, and outright soft. Its the same story on the DL - Daquan Newkirk is 6'3 317 pounds.

I've talked about this before: if your team is just BAD, the players always look "small and slow" regardless of what their actual physical metrics are. Bama's guys aren't better because they're "bigger"; they're just considerably better football players (mentally, athletically, etc, etc) and considerably better coached.

You can bring up o line. I don't know about that but we absolutely are too small on defense naming one big player doesn't mean a thing when the guy beside him is 265 and the linebackers both are 215 220. Our linebackers don't suck they just get ran over at times 

27 minutes ago, chizhead said:

If I remember right, Banks followed Forrest Blue at center ....Blue was drafted by the 49ers and Banks by the cardinals...Correct me if I am wrong, it has been over a half century

Your correct was on a recruiting trip and Banks was our chaperone...........guy scared the bejesus out of me

Archived