A look at the Harsin staff so far.....EDIT: Rocker Hire......

JMR

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

You're welcome. 😉

I could have said the same about you but I was talking about coaches article. LOL😃

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, muxi87 said:

I’d wash my hands of him forever now...

Welcome back for alumni events, but as far as coaching, I’m in agreement it is time move on as well!

Auburn needs to go all out and get DL coach that's a real splash hire. A great coach and a GREAT recruiter. The only people I can think if is Tosh Lupoi and Vic So'oto.

Edited by auburn4ever

• 1 month later...

Auburn hires new director of player personnel

ByNATHAN KING 2 minutes ago
7 Comments

Bryan Harsin has tabbed a well-renowned Power Five staffer as Auburn's new director of player personnel.

North Carolina's Ryan Smith has been hired to the role, a source told Auburn Undercover this week. Smith also changed his Twitter profile Friday to reflect the move. He makes his return to the program after serving as a personnel and operations assistant in Auburn's recruiting department during the 2018 season.

Ryan Trichel served as director of player personnel on Gus Malzahn's staff last season. He's now shifted titles as the director of recruiting operations.

Smith served as a recruiting analyst and in the personnel department at UNC. He's credited as the Tar Heels' lead recruiting planner for offensive prospects. Smith routinely studied high-school film with Mack Brown's assistants, and was well-regarded by the coordinators and position coaches as an evaluator, a source close to the UNC program told Auburn Undercover.

COMMENTS
A 2015 graduate from Baylor, Smith landed at Angelo State University as an offensive quality control coach in 2017. ASU led Division-II college football in offensive tempo that season and garnered praise for his work with Angelo State's quarterbacks from former head coach Will Wagner. Smith was hired to serve in Auburn's recruiting department the following year.

Smith will work closely with Trichel, new Auburn recruiting director Darren Uscher, director of on-campus recruiting Natasha Sanders and others on Harsin's 2021 support staff.

• Like 1