Tracy Rocker -- DL Coach

W.E.D

The REAL question(?) is, where did these kids end up when they left campus? 

He may not get all the 5* recruits but did they make it to the league?

Did they help their team win any championships, ie. Bowl Games? Did the the defense improve?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Mustprotect said:

People here keep saying he can't recruit.... What did all those big time D line recruits do this season? We need coaching I don't care if they not a 5 star if they're being coached up to a 5 star level. 

Great hire!

To clarify he's not hired yet.

Just now, LKEEL75 said:

Nobody said "can't".  Many are saying he doesn't like the grind.  He is a great recruiter for those on campus, but he doesn't like the travel.

Either way he can coach... Our roster has been loaded with top recruits for the last few years with not much development now look where we are. I'm glad we are hiring coaches who will actually develop and maximize the talent we have on the roster.

5 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Has the pandemic changed the rules of at home visits? Like the number of visits ect...?

If CTR is a great closer, maybe this skill can be optimized by zoom/FaceTime recruiting.

Lets just hope he is recruiting W Nolan and T Shaw this week or the kid out of Columbus.

WDE  is gonna take more travel.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

To clarify he's not hired yet.

Yeah I know but this rumor has gained a lot of steam at this point I feel like it's just a matter of time before he signs on the dotted line. I'd love to have him back home hated it when he left.

5 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

Since when do insiders post anything linkable? You either trust what an insider has to say based on what they've brought to the boards or you don't. It's like you're asking for a link to what someone verbally stated.

We get it, you don't believe it because Rocker never stated in public "I hate recruiting". That's fine, we'll have to live without your approval.

So you cant find evidence either. 

It is not about y approval,  I just like working with facts,  not fantasy, misinformation,  and delusion. 

You probably believed all the insider information about the coaching search also. 

If Rocker HATING recruiting so badly is true,  there should be something out there to show it. 

All I want is a link to some proof.   I am not gong to take some random poster on the internet saying something they can not back up. 

Someone here has to have something credible on this "fact".

52 minutes ago, Zeek said:

He didn't. We'd need someone else landing the recruits. He's a developer for sure but not a recruiter at all.

If he is a developer that would mitigate a lot of need for recruiting.

Just now, Carnell said:

If he is a developer that would mitigate a lot of need for recruiting.

Yeah, I get it but you need both to compete. All the development in the world won't make an undersized kid a rockstar compared to a bigger player with the same development.

34 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

"Give unattainable hurdle that can't be met"

"Declares victory"

Pot meet kettle

8 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

So you cant find evidence either. 

It is not about y approval,  I just like working with facts,  not fantasy, misinformation,  and delusion. 

You probably believed all the insider information about the coaching search also. 

If Rocker HATING recruiting so badly is true,  there should be something out there to show it. 

All I want is a link to some proof.   I am not gong to take some random poster on the internet saying something they can not back up. 

Someone here has to have something credible on this "fact".

You slammed the door on Quietmaninthecorner like Jack slammed the door on the general....

It's all good - I love T Rocker much more than the teenager Harsin was gonna hire from Boise for DL.

11 minutes ago, Mustprotect said:

Yeah I know but this rumor has gained a lot of steam at this point I feel like it's just a matter of time before he signs on the dotted line. I'd love to have him back home hated it when he left.

24/7 is posting articles as if it is a done deal

What difference can a recruiting coordinator and/or recruiting support staff have on easing the anxieties associated with recruiting off campus? 

Modern programs are moving toward efficiency. I can understand coaches getting frustrated with out of town recruiting because of a lack of logistical organization and support. On the other hand, if you build your program right way, the way I think Harsin is building ours, you can make someone like Rocker's job on the trail a lot easier by taking care of everything else, and letting the coach focus on the recruit. 

Tracy is a heck of a coach, but he never has liked going out to recruit. I thought coach Harsin would hire Tosh Lupoi or Marion Hobby.

Idk how I feel about this hire but recruiting is my favorite thing about college football so I always want big time recruiters. I get the argument that if guys can develop players then that can null and void lazy recruiting. I just rather have both. Talent and development. Seems like that’s what the big boys are good at managing. 

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Yeah, I get it but you need both to compete. All the development in the world won't make an undersized kid a rockstar compared to a bigger player with the same development.

If an undersized player comes in the strength and conditioning program will put size and strength on him.  But I was more or less talking that even if Rocker due to his ineffectiveness at recruiting an was pulling in 3 stars then his development would be such that he is outplayed those 4& 5 stars hauled in by Bama and georgia.

I love to have Tracy back, but I have mixed feelings about this hire. Tosh Lupoi and Marion Hobby are great coaches PLUS GREAT recruiters.

Really, people? I would’ve loved Tosh but I’m jazzed about this hire! He was such an asset the first two years of Chizik IMO. Him leaving, in hindsight, was a negative turning point in the Chizik era.

2 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I love to have Tracy back, but I have mixed feeling about this hire. Tosh Lupoi and Marion Hobby are great coaches PLUS GREAT recruiters.

Agreed but it's done.

Archived