2021 New Staff (Complete... again)

Zeek

I know the Eagles’ DL coach has ties to Auburn.  Maybe he would like to come home and teach our young players?

I kid, I kid.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tweet by Thamel says TR is being ‘targeted’ for the position. Is there a reputable source claiming that he accepted the position? 

6 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

The tweet by Thamel says TR is being ‘targeted’ for the position. Is there a reputable source claiming that he accepted the position? 

cole said this a little after the original breaking stuff. 

Wait.....so rocker gave us a chance to match?? If that's true everybody who has a problem is just stupid imo

12 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

cole said this a little after the original breaking stuff. 

Thanks. That was at 2 this afternoon. I wonder why it’s taking so long to hit al.com and the recruiting sites. 

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

Thanks. That was at 2 this afternoon. I wonder why it’s taking so long to hit al.com and the recruiting sites. 

PAM on 247 has said he's gone as well same for JGT on rivals.

23 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Reputable source? Thamel may be a ass clown who hates AU and has a axe to grind with us but he was the first to break the Harsin to AU news.

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Wait.....so rocker gave us a chance to match?? If that's true everybody who has a problem is just stupid imo

Where was this reported? 

22 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Where was this reported? 

I saw that the jgt dude said it and harsin told him to kick rocks

27 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Reputable source? Thamel may be a ass clown who hates AU and has a axe to grind with us but he was the first to break the Harsin to AU news.

This is what upsets me the most about this whole situation. How does the tool Thamel keep scoping Auburn? WTH?

8 minutes ago, fredst said:

This is what upsets me the most about this whole situation. How does the tool Thamel keep scoping Auburn? WTH?

Connection with agents, is my guess.

I know it’s not a popular position on this forum but I was hoping for Coach Harsin to keep Rodney anyway.  I don’t think he is as good a coach as Rocker but a much better recruiter.  

Just now, auburn4ever said:

I never understood why Tracy never liked going out to recruit.

Being away from family and kissing kids asses and their parents is not enjoyable to most.  

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Tracy-Rocker-Auburn-Tigers-football-coach-Philadelphia-Eagles-defensive-line-Jonathan-Gannon-159856429/

2 hours ago, fredst said:

true fam!!! so true.

3 hours ago, fredst said:

Has been killing it this past few months. He has been the first to break many stories across CFB and College Athletics.

I wonder if Tracy knew he might be getting a call from some NFL team that we ts to hire him for the 2021 season. Meanwhile, he went ahead and took the Auburn offer only until the NFL called him back. In other words, 2 things happened. 1: he knew he wouldn't be with Auburn very long before he back to coach in the pros. 2: if the NFL didn't call Tracy to coach a new pro team, he'd always have Auburn to fall back on for a job.

36 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I wonder if Tracy knew he might be getting a call from some NFL team that we ts to hire him for the 2021 season. Meanwhile, he went ahead and took the Auburn offer only until the NFL called him back. In other words, 2 things happened. 1: he knew he wouldn't be with Auburn very long before he back to coach in the pros. 2: if the NFL didn't call Tracy to coach a new pro team, he'd always have Auburn to fall back on for a job.

How does that adage go: An eagle in the hand is worth two in the bush. That makes very human, logical sense. If he was ready to jump on an NFL call in 21, he really should have been forthcoming to Harsin and Greene. Maybe he WAS and they accepted that risk. A coordinator in the hand is better than a thousand disgruntled internet posters in the bush on your back all day about filling out your staff 😆

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

If Auburn required that TR pay his buyout at SC then if he knew he was a target of the eagles I think he would have stayed at SC.  However, if Auburn paid the buyout then I guess any of those scenarios you mentioned above is on the table. 

Archived