Jump to content
Null

2021 New Staff (Complete... again)


Recommended Posts





  • Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the luckiest coaching staff in the country.  They inherit a team that has never had a bad week of practice in 7 years..........lol.     

Specifically, Jay Tate said that yes, Rocker came back 10 days after agreeing to the salary and terms of the job asking us to match Philly's offer.  Whether Rocker was doing that to be nice as a forma

Head Coach Bryan Harsin (from Boise State) --------------------------------------------- Offensive Coordinator & QB Coach Mike Bobo (from South Carolina) Offensive Line Co

Posted Images

The tweet by Thamel says TR is being ‘targeted’ for the position. Is there a reputable source claiming that he accepted the position? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

The tweet by Thamel says TR is being ‘targeted’ for the position. Is there a reputable source claiming that he accepted the position? 

cole said this a little after the original breaking stuff. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

cole said this a little after the original breaking stuff. 

Thanks. That was at 2 this afternoon. I wonder why it’s taking so long to hit al.com and the recruiting sites. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

Thanks. That was at 2 this afternoon. I wonder why it’s taking so long to hit al.com and the recruiting sites. 

PAM on 247 has said he's gone as well same for JGT on rivals.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

The tweet by Thamel says TR is being ‘targeted’ for the position. Is there a reputable source claiming that he accepted the position? 

Reputable source? Thamel may be a ass clown who hates AU and has a axe to grind with us but he was the first to break the Harsin to AU news.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Wait.....so rocker gave us a chance to match?? If that's true everybody who has a problem is just stupid imo

Where was this reported? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Reputable source? Thamel may be a ass clown who hates AU and has a axe to grind with us but he was the first to break the Harsin to AU news.

This is what upsets me the most about this whole situation. How does the tool Thamel keep scoping Auburn? WTH?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, fredst said:

This is what upsets me the most about this whole situation. How does the tool Thamel keep scoping Auburn? WTH?

Connection with agents, is my guess.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it’s not a popular position on this forum but I was hoping for Coach Harsin to keep Rodney anyway.  I don’t think he is as good a coach as Rocker but a much better recruiter.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, auburn4ever said:

I never understood why Tracy never liked going out to recruit.

Being away from family and kissing kids asses and their parents is not enjoyable to most.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Thanks. That was at 2 this afternoon. I wonder why it’s taking so long to hit al.com and the recruiting sites. 

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Tracy-Rocker-Auburn-Tigers-football-coach-Philadelphia-Eagles-defensive-line-Jonathan-Gannon-159856429/

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fredst said:

This is what upsets me the most about this whole situation. How does the tool Thamel keep scoping Auburn? WTH?

true fam!!! so true.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fredst said:

This is what upsets me the most about this whole situation. How does the tool Thamel keep scoping Auburn? WTH?

Has been killing it this past few months. He has been the first to break many stories across CFB and College Athletics.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Tracy knew he might be getting a call from some NFL team that we ts to hire him for the 2021 season. Meanwhile, he went ahead and took the Auburn offer only until the NFL called him back. In other words, 2 things happened. 1: he knew he wouldn't be with Auburn very long before he back to coach in the pros. 2: if the NFL didn't call Tracy to coach a new pro team, he'd always have Auburn to fall back on for a job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I wonder if Tracy knew he might be getting a call from some NFL team that we ts to hire him for the 2021 season. Meanwhile, he went ahead and took the Auburn offer only until the NFL called him back. In other words, 2 things happened. 1: he knew he wouldn't be with Auburn very long before he back to coach in the pros. 2: if the NFL didn't call Tracy to coach a new pro team, he'd always have Auburn to fall back on for a job.

How does that adage go: An eagle in the hand is worth two in the bush. That makes very human, logical sense. If he was ready to jump on an NFL call in 21, he really should have been forthcoming to Harsin and Greene. Maybe he WAS and they accepted that risk. A coordinator in the hand is better than a thousand disgruntled internet posters in the bush on your back all day about filling out your staff 😆

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I wonder if Tracy knew he might be getting a call from some NFL team that we ts to hire him for the 2021 season. Meanwhile, he went ahead and took the Auburn offer only until the NFL called him back. In other words, 2 things happened. 1: he knew he wouldn't be with Auburn very long before he back to coach in the pros. 2: if the NFL didn't call Tracy to coach a new pro team, he'd always have Auburn to fall back on for a job.

If Auburn required that TR pay his buyout at SC then if he knew he was a target of the eagles I think he would have stayed at SC.  However, if Auburn paid the buyout then I guess any of those scenarios you mentioned above is on the table. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Zeek changed the title to 2021 New Staff (Complete... again)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Members Online

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...